• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Are you happy with the Ben Davies Signing?

• Total voters
It's quite good when FBs are not exciting. Head down, do their job, practically unnoticed because they don't put a foot wrong.

I think Davies could become our Dennis Irwin.

Totally agree. Understated, calm, reliable and efficient is what I want in a FB.

I don't disagree with most of that.

What I disagree with is the notion expressed by some others that the signing of Vorm is succession planning and that we intend him to become our No.1 next summer on the assumption that Hugo will be leaving.

I disagree with that also, its a defeatist notion by some.

If we get CL there is a high chance Hugo will see that through ( he has talked about consistency and being part of a big project).
But if a huge club does come in, then good luck to him (if he does a Bale. **** him if he does a dantchev)

Sensible squad building and contingency planning is the way we will be successful

yeah i agree that people are reading too much in to us signing a good quality reserve GK (meaning Lloris is off sooner rather than later)

Vorm is 30 and probably happy to increase his wages whilst taking a step up in club stature - and it's much better for us as a club to have a more 'like for like' replacement for Lloris. Friedel is a good pro with valuable experience but too different to Lloris in style to be first choice back up. besides isn't his new contract also part coaching as well?

On a personal and professional level, it is almost certainly easier for Vorm to accept being number 2 behind the captain of France, one of the best goalkeepers in the world, rather than number 2 behind Lukas Fabianski.
Especially if there weren't any appealing offers for number 1 slots being put to his agent.

Really pleased with this signing.... was a big issue last year with Verts having to fill in and then getting grumpy and pumpy.

Think this is a very good signing....wasnt sure about vorm but starting to make sense.....would be amazing if we can get Destro...

Ben Davies is hopefully going to prove a great signing.....hope the rest of our business is as good!

BtJar1sCMAM_mga.png

Touche!

To be fair to Rose, if we wanted to shut up shop we could play him LM and have a solid left side.

Or if we just wanted someone to run at defenders and put a cross in. He is better than Townsend is at that

If our requirement for a left back is "better at crossing than Townsend" I'd like to put my name forward. I'll be much cheaper as there's no signing or transfer fee and I'll sign for just £4K a week (unless the club still has any of those old 'Arry tax havens hanging around in which case I'll sign for £2K per week).

I will certainly be of a different style to Rose, I'm more Van Den Hauwe in my methods.

Still, I'm a far better crosser than Townsend.

I actually like Rose, but he really cant cross - he has done a couple of exceptionally good crosses, which makes it even more frustrating that 9 out of 10 crosses barely leave the ground....

Touche!

To be fair to Rose, if we wanted to shut up shop we could play him LM and have a solid left side.

Or if we just wanted someone to run at defenders and put a cross in. He is better than Townsend is at that

He's better at neither. Townsend is comfortably the better dribbler of the two and also the better crosser (though that's not saying a great deal - Rose is dreadful at crossing). Townsend's big issue is with his decision making. He doesn't think.

Back