• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Are you happy with the Ben Davies Signing?

• Total voters

Denmark Spur

Edgar Davids
Tottenham launch transfer raid for Swansea and Wales left-back Ben Davies

Jun 27, 2014 22:30

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino wants to make Swansea left-back Ben Davies his first signing in a shock £8million deal.

Spurs have approached the Welsh club with an offer for the 21-year-old Wales international, who rose through the ranks at the Liberty Stadium to become a star.

Pochettino’s move is something of a surprise as he has inherited Danny Rose in that position after taking over at the White Hart Lane club, but Davies is a better defender than the Englishman.

Davies has already played 71 senior games for the Swans and is the first choice for his country at left-back.

Swansea have been trying to recruit this summer and do not want to lose Davies, but the offer is so big that they may not refuse.

New full-time boss Garry Monk has already started a search for a replacement and would get all of the money from Spurs to spend.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...h-transfer-raid-swansea-3777939#ixzz35sYnhDdk

I doubt 8 mill will be enough.....Swansea will look at Shaw to Utd as a guide

Decent defender, but I'm not sure of his attacking prowess

I doubt 8 mill will be enough.....Swansea will look at Shaw to Utd as a guide

Decent defender, but I'm not sure of his attacking prowess

They can look to him as a guide all they want. Won't mean too much if we are the biggest club in for him and they want money for Monk to spend.

They can look to him as a guide all they want. Won't mean too much if we are the biggest club in for him and they want money for Monk to spend.
They don't necessarily need to sell to buy. What will 8 mill buy them anyway? Swansea are a very well run club, they managed to keep Michu last summer despite great offers of up to 20 mill iirc, they signed Bony for 12 mill

Money aside how do people rate Ben Davies next to Luke Shaw?

Whats he like as an attacking full back? TBH I'm more interested in a left back that can defend well!

Money aside how do people rate Ben Davies next to Luke Shaw?

Whats he like as an attacking full back? TBH I'm more interested in a left back that can defend well!
from what I've seen he is a more defensive full back. But tbh I haven't seen much of him, that's why I asked earlier if anyone knows of his attacking capabilities.

They don't necessarily need to sell to buy. What will 8 mill buy them anyway? Swansea are a very well run club, they managed to keep Michu last summer despite great offers of up to 20 mill iirc, they signed Bony for 12 mill

I don't know how much they're paying for Gomis, but he's been actively looking for a big money move for some time and will definitely be one of the highest earners at Swansea.

He looked a good prospect last year in a team that was having similar problems to ourselves and he is a realistic target any player who catches the eye at the World Cup will be overpriced and looking to play in the CL

I know they are a community owned club but I thought they were running up debts, sure I read that somewhere.

Davies was excellent the 12/13 season and pretty good last season. He's better than Shaw in an attacking sense imo.

He is better than shaw in ever sense aprt from maybe a trendier hair cut

He is exactly the player we need on the left IMO and if he was playing for a bigger international side he would be hyped up massively

His stats last season alone put him way ahead of shaw and if we can get him for anything around the £10m it's a bargain IMO

Back