• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Barbecues

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Just ordered this https://www.wayfair.co.uk/Home-Etc-Wisconsin-Charcoal-Barbecue-ZZRD1350.html

We have a big party F.A. cup final weekend, will be difficult this year detesting both the teams in the final, but I have it as a tradition like how the yanks have a big party for their superbowl.

Our last Barbecue rusted not helped by the fact the shed roof fell in over the winter and I could not be bothered to go down that part of the garden, garden needs a lot of work to it before we have guests round.

Anyway I thought I would create this new thread for all Barbecue related things, so I will give feedback on if it is a good barbecue and of course meats and any new recipes.

I do not want to sound like an arsehole but I love cooking dead animals outside, guess it goes back to our caveman routes.

Just ordered this https://www.wayfair.co.uk/Home-Etc-Wisconsin-Charcoal-Barbecue-ZZRD1350.html

We have a big party F.A. cup final weekend, will be difficult this year detesting both the teams in the final, but I have it as a tradition like how the yanks have a big party for their superbowl.

Our last Barbecue rusted not helped by the fact the shed roof fell in over the winter and I could not be bothered to go down that part of the garden, garden needs a lot of work to it before we have guests round.

Anyway I thought I would create this new thread for all Barbecue related things, so I will give feedback on if it is a good barbecue and of course meats and any new recipes.

I do not want to sound like an ******** but I love cooking dead animals outside, guess it goes back to our caveman routes.

I don't want to brick on your BBQ but I doubt that will be any good. I'd got for a Weber and if you want to get serious about cooking low and slow go for something like this

https://www.pitbarrelcooker.com/

And make sure that you get decent local charcoal, it bricks on briquettes.

I don't want to brick on your BBQ but I doubt that will be any good. I'd got for a Weber and if you want to get serious about cooking low and slow go for something like this

https://www.pitbarrelcooker.com/

I am very open minded but I would be furious if you did brick on my barbecue, you can tinkle on my roses if you wish

I can cancel the order, and the wife likes to always order from John Lewis, we go to the one in Horsham as they always give good customer service their. But the Barbecue is my domain. I really fancy a wood fire pizza oven as I love pizza and probably would use that even more then a barbecue.

I am very open minded but I would be furious if you did brick on my barbecue, you can tinkle on my roses if you wish

I can cancel the order, and the wife likes to always order from John Lewis, we go to the one in Horsham as they always give good customer service their. But the Barbecue is my domain. I really fancy a wood fire pizza oven as I love pizza and probably would use that even more then a barbecue.

I'd like a pizza oven too but I don't have the space for it at the moment. You do a decent botch job by using a pizza stone on a kettle BBQ. Put the coals to the edge, keep the lid on and open up the bottom vents and you can get some really good results.

Love bbq and I'm a Weber man at the moment but aim to get a brick one when the garden gets remodelled, hopefully next year.
I love to cook generally and do all our cooking, but bbq is so much fun.

I know you're a bit further over now but we often get a meat order from Goodwood. All organic from their own farm. Order by phone or email or pop in their farm shop.

It's wholesale prices and I kid you not some per kilo prices are cheaper than Tesco non organic meat.
Pick up some of their cheese, ale, and raw milk while you're there.

Barbecue is one of my favourites. Bought a new Weber Spirit last year, gas fuelled. Really like charcoal, but living in an apartment in a wood house with wood balcony, charcoal is prohibited. But I must say I love the heat control you get with gas, and with a smoker box you get that smoky taste as well. Grilled a 4 pound pork steak yesterday. Had marinated it for 3 days. It turned out absolutely delicious! Really tasty and juicy. 4-5 minutes on high heat, either side, then about 10-15 minutes indirect heat, flipping it and adding barbecue oil every 3 minutes. Fantastic result.

Hows it going then ladies.

We went to our first one last weekend.

This weekend I am on barbie duty. Can not wait, I am going to start tendering the meat tomorrow night.

Done a couple of spatchrooster chickens the other week when we had the good weather, first attempt at them and they turned out pretty well - one jerk recipe and one indian tandoori style recipe, will be giving them another run out soon enough.

Got a Weber kettle drum last summer shortly after moving in, first garden since leaving home, must have had about twenty BBQs over that summer - love it :D

Chimney starter and good quality briquettes are a must

Anyone own a Grillbot?

I love barbecues but not a massive fan of the cleaning. Hoping they're pretty good as that will make it all so much easier

Back