• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Balloon d'Or

Steed Train

Clive Wilson
The short-list for Ballon d'Or is out and the 23 names are:

Sergio Agüero

Xabi Alonso

Mario Balotell

Karim Benzema

GianluigiBuffon

Sergio Busquets

Iker Casillas

Cristiano Ronaldo

Didier Drogba

Radamel Falcao

Zlatan Ibrahimović

Andrés Iniesta

Lionel Messi

ManuelNeuer

Neymar

Mesut Özil

Gerard Piqué

Andrea Pirlo

Sergio Ramos

Wayne Rooney

Yaya Touré

Robin van Persie

Xavi.

The usual Spanish League reacharound. Only two of them were in the Champions League final!

I like Balloon's

event-image-3587.jpg

The short-list for Ballon d'Or is out and the 23 names are:

Sergio Agüero

Xabi Alonso

Mario Balotell

Karim Benzema

GianluigiBuffon

Sergio Busquets

Iker Casillas

Cristiano Ronaldo

Didier Drogba

Radamel Falcao

Zlatan Ibrahimović

Andrés Iniesta

Lionel Messi

ManuelNeuer

Neymar

Mesut Özil

Gerard Piqué

Andrea Pirlo

Sergio Ramos

Wayne Rooney

Yaya Touré

Robin van Persie

Xavi.

The usual Spanish League reacharound. Only two of them were in the Champions League final!

Erm, Spain won the European Championship and became the first team to win 3 tournaments in a row.

No idea what Balotelli is doing on the list considering he nearly cost his team the title with his brainless sendings off.

Ditto for Neymar, but I suppose they have to have a token Brazilian.

Rooney doesn't deserve to be on the list.

Good to see Falcao getting some recognition.

I would pick Messi to win it personally.

Erm, Spain won the European Championship and became the first team to win 3 tournaments in a row.

No idea what Balotelli is doing on the list considering he nearly cost his team the title with his brainless sendings off.

Ditto for Neymar, but I suppose they have to have a token Brazilian.

Rooney doesn't deserve to be on the list.

Good to see Falcao getting some recognition.

I would pick Messi to win it personally.

Ballon D'or is a club player award.

The point is though you get someone like David Silva who was immense for city last year, won the league and had a significant part to play in their Euro 2012 victory (scoring 2 goals in the process) but he gets omitted. If he was playing for Barca or Madrid he would have been straight in there

I agree Silva should be on the list. It's more of joke that Balotelli is ahead of him rather than the Spanish players you mentioned.

Why shouldn't Rooney be on the list? He scored 34 goals last season.

What's Gerard Pique done other than be injured?

Lol Balotelli! Did they add his infractions to his goals tally for last season by mistake or something?

The main question is - where is BAE?

On a serious note - Ronaldo wins it for me - immense season, dragging his team to winning La Liga ahead of the Qatar Foundation is massive achievement - his 'diffculty level' is greater. imv. Won't even go into the tap-ins part. Top player, top bloke.

Last edited:
Mata and Silva? Give me a break. Silva had half a great season and then dropped off the face of the Earth, Mata had a pretty impressive first season but nowhere near to the level he's playing at now. Gomez ok, scored a lot of goals and got to the CL final.

Back