• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

fudge knows, I'm a fan. I just comment on multi million transactions from behind my computer as if I'm always right.

My feel is we could have backed Poch more. That's from looking at the financials too (though not too deeply). But Levy erred on the side of caution. That's fair enough. Time will tell if he was right. I don't want to be Captain Hindsight. I thought he was wrong at the time. I still think now that he was wrong and Poch leaving still stings me nearly 12 months later. But if Jose and Bale are hoisting the Premier League trophy (or even the FA Cup) and we're back in the CL, I'll have been proved wrong.

He's actually made some very astute decisions lately. The documentary I thought was beyond stupid...it'll raise our profile, Alex Morgan will raise our profile in the US and Bale will raise our profile everywhere. So, in conclusion, maybe Levy knows more about this stuff than me. Won't stop me ranting though...
The Problem with all assumptions on money stuff is we get the info in arrears.. after its been earned and or spent

The one thing I’m sure on is Levy wouldn’t commit to spending money we didn’t have, and he wouldn’t commit to spending BIG until he knew the cost of the stadium. Other than that I think it’s intelligent guess work and Supposition by us all to create a picture of what’s going on or could have

I believe Poch knew we needed a rebuild. He said it enough and he was right. I also think that Pochs lack of success in integrating signings may have been a negative factor against all the pluses with him which may have been a consideration. And we do know that players were not happy in the end (enough reporting out there of sources saying it was all bad from the okaying side).

your levy sat there knowing from the guy in charge you need to put a LOT of ££ in, and you also know for varying reasons the team isnt performing. Do you stick or take a calculated twist?

The thing also with football Is that nothing is ever stable and fixed (just look at Barca for example) so doing things when you feel it’s the right things to do at that time can also be wrong. But a chairman has to have the courage of his convictions and I don’t think anyone can doubt levy’s intent is always what’s best for the club and therefore his investments.

Signing Bale feels short term but shipper term is football nowadays. Clubs churn through payers and managers like no ones business and even owners change more regularly now than ever. But if you can get a lift in quality of the club on or off the pitch and you can afford it, you should do it. And that’s where we are now

I’ll also add that if Poch didn’t do what he did so well, we wouldn’t have Jose and we wouldn't be a club of a certain stature, and in turn we wouldn’t be able to get bale back or get Jose in...

The Problem with all assumptions on money stuff is we get the info in arrears.. after its been earned and or spent

The one thing I’m sure on is Levy wouldn’t commit to spending money we didn’t have, and he wouldn’t commit to spending BIG until he knew the cost of the stadium. Other than that I think it’s intelligent guess work and Supposition by us all to create a picture of what’s going on or could have

I believe Poch knew we needed a rebuild. He said it enough and he was right. I also think that Pochs lack of success in integrating signings may have been a negative factor against all the pluses with him which may have been a consideration. And we do know that players were not happy in the end (enough reporting out there of sources saying it was all bad from the okaying side).

your levy sat there knowing from the guy in charge you need to put a LOT of ££ in, and you also know for varying reasons the team isnt performing. Do you stick or take a calculated twist?

The thing also with football Is that nothing is ever stable and fixed (just look at Barca for example) so doing things when you feel it’s the right things to do at that time can also be wrong. But a chairman has to have the courage of his convictions and I don’t think anyone can doubt levy’s intent is always what’s best for the club and therefore his investments.

Signing Bale feels short term but shipper term is football nowadays. Clubs churn through payers and managers like no ones business and even owners change more regularly now than ever. But if you can get a lift in quality of the club on or off the pitch and you can afford it, you should do it. And that’s where we are now

I’ll also add that if Poch didn’t do what he did so well, we wouldn’t have Jose and we wouldn't be a club of a certain stature, and in turn we wouldn’t be able to get bale back or get Jose in...
Yet again, this. Whenever anyone on here doubts what Levy has done for us, just remember the days when the Premier League had a "Big 4". For a decade, it was about as closed a shop as you could imagine, reinforced by the four CL places each year. Now it's very much a "Big 6". I'm not foolish enough to think that it won't become a "Big 5" as soon as we have a couple of seasons out of the CL but, for the moment, we're up there. I think Levy recognises that, post Poch, we've got to cling on for dear life lest we fade away.

Sure, a lot of the credit goes to Poch. But there were other sparks along the way. Jol. Davids. Redknapp. VDV. Modric. And Bale.

Back