• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

I need this to happen soon, wfh and a transfer rumour like this makes a for a very reduced output!!

I don’t know why I feel the need to keep checking the net, it’s not like my phone won’t go nuts when / if it finally does happen!!

I was the same today. First thing I checked when I woke. Been on the forums all day. Now on the golf course still checking my phone.

I’m 41, I’ve two kids, I’ve been let down on this stuff a million times like the rest of us. Why am I desperate for some two bit clickbait writing journo to say Bale is going to Tottenham? Why does this matter so much? Why am I behaving like I’m 15 again? fudge knows but the excitement is wonderful.

I was the same today. First thing I checked when I woke. Been on the forums all day. Now on the golf course still checking my phone.

I’m 41, I’ve two kids, I’ve been let down on this stuff a million times like the rest of us. Why am I desperate for some two bit clickbait writing journo to say Bale is going to Tottenham? Why does this matter so much? Why am I behaving like I’m 15 again? fudge knows but the excitement is wonderful.

I'm embarrased to admit I struggled to sleep last night, kept checking my phone for news, was as restless as a kid on Christmas eve.

For me, assuming this signing comes off its going to be emotional (even more so if there were fans at the ground!) I’m 35 years old and he is the player who has had the biggest impact on me to the extent I even did his heart shaped celebration when scoring Sunday League goals:D This guy absolutely smashed the Premier League to command a world record fee, he dominated like a player I have never seen before for us. Look at the YouTube vids, so many of his goals are ridiculous. I can’t fathom for the life of me why anyone would be against him coming back home. Even if he’s not prime Bale, I bet he will still be at a level way above Son when he gets into his groove. Yes there will be question marks about his fitness, but even if it doesn’t work out I will be forever grateful I got to see Bale in a Spurs shirt again as I was absolutely devastated when he left and never thought I’d get the pleasure to witness again.....

I’ve been pretty much of the “never go back“ school of thought every transfer window when these rumours start up like clockwork. (Although admittedly it’s a principle I would have readily ignored for Modric).
But....seeing the news this morning, dismissing it, then realising there just might be something in it, then seeing it given legs by “our” journos, then Bale’s agent, I”m believing it will happen and all the “never go back” has gone out the window.
Let it happen, please!!

what a shame there won’t be fans in the stadium for his (re) debut.

Thankfully I’m on a two week holiday from work so can fully concentrate on this, much to the chagrin of my missus. 24 hours of it and she’s getting pretty hacked off with wall-to-wall clicking / SSN / Bale YouTube vids! Offered to go to The Range with her now by way of smoothing the way for another 24 hours of coverage!

Thankfully I’m on a two week holiday from work so can fully concentrate on this, much to the chagrin of my missus. 24 hours of it and she’s getting pretty hacked off with wall-to-wall clicking / SSN / Bale YouTube vids! Offered to go to The Range with her now by way of smoothing the way for another 24 hours of coverage!

you might run into the man himself there

My little fella came into my bed at 3am

BelatedWhiteChital-size_restricted.gif

Good GHod! That's Levy type bargaining from your Mrs:eek:

Back