• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

It does feel like we'll have quite a bloated first team squad if both Bale and Reguilon sign, and we still sign another striker as some are reporting. Feels like Sessegnon and Fernandes will be the highest profile players most likely to miss out on gametime, and Ndombele is still the big question mark (with Winks or Sissoko's gametime likely suffering if Ndombele does meet Jose's standards of fitness and attitude).

Personally I see things something like the following (though obviously in practice there'll obviously be lots of flexibility in formation and rotation of players, especially with injuries):

View attachment 9354

A 10 man 'second 11'?

It does feel like we'll have quite a bloated first team squad if both Bale and Reguilon sign, and we still sign another striker as some are reporting. Feels like Sessegnon and Fernandes will be the highest profile players most likely to miss out on gametime, and Ndombele is still the big question mark (with Winks or Sissoko's gametime likely suffering if Ndombele does meet Jose's standards of fitness and attitude).

Personally I see things something like the following (though obviously in practice there'll obviously be lots of flexibility in formation and rotation of players, especially with injuries):

View attachment 9354

With your first 11 (only 11!) I agree, though then with flexibility to bring another CB in for Dele to go 3-4-3, or a CM for Dele to go 4-3-3...would have a lot of flexibility IMO

We have with every other transfer this summer. There has been a pattern of journalists close to the club publishing very confident stories just before the deal is announced.

I don't think that we are doing it to unsettle players or put pressure on the other club (the leaks would come earlier if that was the case). I think that we are doing it to manage coverage of us, reward journalists who toe the line and to promote the club.

Lets hope so. But if things are not signed and sealed, I can not see Levy wanting people to publicise it. He's too smart and likes to fly under the radar.

It shouldn’t affect our wage structure at all, he’ll earn way more than anyone else because he’s way better than anyone else.
I think Harry Kane might take issue with that, especially as we’ve not seen Bale play for a while!

I’m pro signing Bale and I’d happily offer Kane wage parity, I’m just intrigued to see how Levy does the deal. This could be a watershed moment as it could mean we are finally operating like a ‘big’ club.

I think Harry Kane might take issue with that, especially as we’ve not seen Bale play for a while!

I’m pro signing Bale and I’d happily offer Kane wage parity, I’m just intrigued to see how Levy does the deal. This could be a watershed moment as it could mean we are finally operating like a ‘big’ club.
Give Bale a signing on fee to top up his wages to get around it.

S

Simple, Offer Kane a brand new Shiny 5 year contract with wage parity which effectively ties him down as well :)

Bale may have been one of the players Kane looked up to from the academy/whilst on loan and could be as excited to see him return as the rest of us...

Bale may have been one of the players Kane looked up to from the academy/whilst on loan and could be as excited to see him return as the rest of us...
I have no doubt initially everyone will be given a lift and want to see how he operates. I just have a slight concern that if he has gone full Ozil then it could be unsettling for Kane to see him being paid less.
I see it as a statement of intent and a positive thing. It might even help us get the backup striker over the line as shows our ambition. Working with Kane, Bale and Mourinho should be attractive.

Lets hope so. But if things are not signed and sealed, I can not see Levy wanting people to publicise it. He's too smart and likes to fly under the radar.

All our other deals have been leaked at the last minute to a small group of loyal journos. This has been the same. Given that the leaks covered both players, it is unlikely to be agents. It can only be us or Madrid but Madrid would leak to the Spanish press.

Why break the story? It's obviously not Spurs.

So Spurs wouldn't have broken the story. There is no reason to unsettle the player or put pressure on the selling club, as they want him out. Which leaves Madrid or Bale's people. My guess would be Bale's people and the quote from the agent backs that up. Clearly they want a bidding war to get Bale as much money as poss - that is their job after all. If they can attract interest from United or someone else, then that might put pressure of Levy to up his investment.

Lots could go wrong. But there appears to be harmony among the 3 main parties. All 3 seem to want to make it happen.

But Bale won’t be getting anymore money than he is on at Real. I guess Real will be stumping up whatever another club doesn’t pay of his wages just get him out and lower the cost of Bales last two years as much as possible.

If Kane wants to show his 4 CL winners medals he can have parity.

His “bottling it in a CL final” award isn’t worth as much imo.

Back