• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

I take it signing Bale would also tick the box of help/back up for Kane ie we wouldn't then need a forward?

It's £14m for a years wages. We're looking at £20m for some of the other fellas? +Wages.

To cut it another way if Bale transfer fee was £9m and you had to pay him 100k a week...you'd do it...even just for a year.

Didn't Llorente cost us £13m?

Man maths [emoji106]

Don’t kid yourself even if we are trying I think it’s highly unlikely....but possible if there aren’t other CL clubs interested.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

So I guess we can assume this hasn't happened yet as Daniel is trying to get a better deal than the reported 50/50 split on the wages, something like madrid pay 60% instead.

Understandable and doable knowing Daniel but we need him asap, however deadline is still about 3 weeks away so this haggling (should Daniel choose to persist with haggling) could run for some time.....

https://as.com/futbol/2020/09/15/pr...=QUNUVUFMSURBRA==&m3=MTI=&m4=bm9ybWFs&m5=MjE=

REAL MADRID

In England they say Tottenham overtakes United in the race to sign Bale
According to ESPN, the London team will try his incorporation at the express request of José Mourinho, who already loved him when he was managing United.
As.com
MadridUpdated: 09/15/2020 4:56 PM
1600168898_100786_1600169017_noticia_normal_recorte1.jpg

REUTERS
Gareth Bale has girlfriends in England. The main interested party seemed to be Manchester United, especially after verifying that he will not be able to sign Jadon Sancho in the face of Dortmund's refusal to negotiate, but Tottenham has emerged from nowhere. According to ESPN, the London team, from which Bale left in 2013 to sign for Real Madrid in exchange for 101 million euros, has taken the lead in the situation.

It remains to be seen what Tottenham can offer, although at Madrid they resign themselves to a free transfer and having to pay a part of the Welshman's huge token (14.5 million clean per season); all in order to release a player who does not count for Zidane. The rupture between the French and Bale is total, the best option is for the British to leave Madrid as it is.

Mourinho asks Bale
The main promoter within Tottenham of this initiative is José Mourinho. The technician already pretended to Bale in the past, when he was the manager of Manchester United; In a preseason friendly in 2017, he even told the cameras: " I can't sign you because you don't speak," asking him to declare himself in absentia to leave. It did not happen, Madrid renewed Bale until 2022 and the situation progressively worsened to the point where it is today

The Athletic, The Sun, Talk Sport and ESPN all confirming Ali G's hunch.. No smoke without fire. I'm thinking it'll end up being Dybala 2.0... Or Bale return 5.0

The Athletic, The Sun, Talk Sport and ESPN all confirming Ali G's hunch.. No smoke without fire. I'm thinking it'll end up being Dybala 2.0... Or Bale return 5.0
Someone Is stoking the fire And his agent avoids that like the plague so I’d assume it’s coming from us or Madrid

What will happen is we'll negotiate right up to the end of the window, in the meantime we'd of played 25 matches accumulated 15 injuries and so we'll desperately pay £50m for him to rescue us.

And of course he'll get a 'muscle strain' in his first game.

he'd certainly fit in to the "give the ball to.the attackers and hope they do something" approach we appear to be going for
I could live with that. The best attacking football I’ve seen us play was under Redknapp who’s ethos was very much ‘just run around a bit’.....

I could live with that. The best attacking football I’ve seen us play was under Redknapp who’s ethos was very much ‘just run around a bit’.....

I think the place we most saw the “give the ball to...” was AVBs reign and Bale was the one who dragged us to numerous victories single handed. He’s probably not at that level anymore but we have a decent supporting cast now, he’d come back knowing how to win the big prizes and it would be a massive statement.

Not happening is it?

I think the place we most saw the “give the ball to...” was AVBs reign and Bale was the one who dragged us to numerous victories single handed. He’s probably not at that level anymore but we have a decent supporting cast now, he’d come back knowing how to win the big prizes and it would be a massive statement.

Not happening is it?
Nah

Not happening is it?

Where's that hope we talked about?

Not happening is it?

The players didn't get a lot of creative freedom under AVB. I agree with @harr1984, Redknapp is the closest match

Back