• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

I always assumed Bale would end up at Pool or Utd i.e. red shirt, successful, big payers, huge wages, close to Wales, he would probably declare them his boyhood club and a dream come true etc.

I always assumed Bale would end up at Pool or Utd i.e. red shirt, successful, big payers, huge wages, close to Wales, he would probably declare them his boyhood club and a dream come true etc.

if he went to the dippers, I don't think I could cope with that

He's a Cardiff lad, so assuming his family and friends still live in that area London is closer than both Manchester and Liverpool.

He's cost too much now, and they are exactly the clubs the Madrid won't "subsidize"

If he wants to play for a "big club" now, he will have to eat a pay cut, which it's clear he won't do (as he's fudging Madrid over for their treatment of him)

I don't think it will happen, but we really are one of his few options, Madrid won't see us as a threat (or bad PR), they subsidize most of his wages, they can still recover 150-200K/week to spend on another player and they get a character out of the dressing room that Zidane is desperate to remove.

He's cost too much now, and they are exactly the clubs the Madrid won't "subsidize"

If he wants to play for a "big club" now, he will have to eat a pay cut, which it's clear he won't do (as he's fudging Madrid over for their treatment of him)

I don't think it will happen, but we really are one of his few options, Madrid won't see us as a threat (or bad PR), they subsidize most of his wages, they can still recover 150-200K/week to spend on another player and they get a character out of the dressing room that Zidane is desperate to remove.
Don't forget the special relationship*

* Special as in sometimes, if we're lucky, they'll give us a reacharound while they go in dry.

Back