• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

tenor.gif

Maybe we are paying for Bale through years of advertising on news sites linking us to him!

Can’t see it happening, if it does it’ll be the last day of the transfer window on a loan.

I can’t see a scenario where we free up 200k a week, Madrid pay 400k a week to make him go, he (or more likely his agent) feel they can drop down to our level and then at the point this is all agreed a bigger team doesn’t swoop in for him.
If a deal is available with a low risk due to Madrid wage contributions ,I’d imagine he’d have his pick of teams and he (and the agent) would pick the one with the path of least resistance to trophies.
If it was Kane if hed left us in a similar situation in 5 years time you could see the draw of coming ‘home’, but since he’s been at Madrid Bale doesn’t strike me as someone who is particularly driven by sentiment or a sporting challenge.
PSG might be a good fit...

I think if another big club was interested in signing him, there would be a lot more talk about it. As it is, no other clubs are being linked. Partly because of his age (31 years old), and partly because of the cost. But, if a deal could be completed that would bring him back to Spurs, I think it would be in the best interests of all parties.
Bale immediately creates a buzz around the club. This leads to higher profile, helps Levy with Stadium naming rights discussions, and brings about a feel good factor to the club, lets Mourinho have one of his signings, and we would have a front 3 of Son - Kane - Bale.
Bale would return to the U.K., to be closer with family, and back to a club he knows well albeit so much has changed since he left. He must remember good times from the past and may want to create new magic moments.
Real Madrid would get him off of their books, and they’re fed up with him due to an apparent falling out between Zidane & Bale. At least it seems that way with Bale having fallen out of favour.
Will it happen? I doubt it due to the prohibitive cost...but if it could happen then why not?!

I can’t see a scenario where we free up 200k a week, Madrid pay 400k a week to make him go, he (or more likely his agent) feel they can drop down to our level and then at the point this is all agreed a bigger team doesn’t swoop in for him.
If a deal is available with a low risk due to Madrid wage contributions ,I’d imagine he’d have his pick of teams and he (and the agent) would pick the one with the path of least resistance to trophies.
If it was Kane if hed left us in a similar situation in 5 years time you could see the draw of coming ‘home’, but since he’s been at Madrid Bale doesn’t strike me as someone who is particularly driven by sentiment or a sporting challenge.
PSG might be a good fit...

Thing is, Madrid isn't going to pay the fees for a "bigger club" they will eat his wages before subsidizing a United/City/PSG

This is one of the few options available to them other than ride it out, or just pay him off upfront.

I don't see it because I'm not sure Bale gives a fudge about football anymore (only draw for him might be being in shape for Wales for next tournament)

Norman Giller? well well.
Though he does say that he won't believe it until he sees Bale in the shirt, and is just passing on what he's heard from someone he trusts.

Maybe we'll offer Real that we'll take him off their hands for nothing and pay him £200k pw, with them picking up the rest of his salary. If they have no takers, perhaps they'll bite late in the window

That's £30m for us over 3 years; compare to say Callum Wilson - perhaps £10m fee and £100k p.w. so £25m over 3 years. Obviously zero residual value with Bale though

Thing is, Madrid isn't going to pay the fees for a "bigger club" they will eat his wages before subsidizing a United/City/PSG

This is one of the few options available to them other than ride it out, or just pay him off upfront.

I don't see it because I'm not sure Bale gives a fudge about football anymore (only draw for him might be being in shape for Wales for next tournament)

we won’t be beating them in the CL this season either

I think if another big club was interested in signing him, there would be a lot more talk about it. As it is, no other clubs are being linked. Partly because of his age (31 years old), and partly because of the cost. But, if a deal could be completed that would bring him back to Spurs, I think it would be in the best interests of all parties.
Bale immediately creates a buzz around the club. This leads to higher profile, helps Levy with Stadium naming rights discussions, and brings about a feel good factor to the club, lets Mourinho have one of his signings, and we would have a front 3 of Son - Kane - Bale.
Bale would return to the U.K., to be closer with family, and back to a club he knows well albeit so much has changed since he left. He must remember good times from the past and may want to create new magic moments.
Real Madrid would get him off of their books, and they’re fed up with him due to an apparent falling out between Zidane & Bale. At least it seems that way with Bale having fallen out of favour.
Will it happen? I doubt it due to the prohibitive cost...but if it could happen then why not?!
Don’t do it to yourself!!!

Back