• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

Why should we expect someone - anyone - to agree to earn less than what they could by going elsewhere? Just because we think they should have a greater love for playing football rather than maximising their earnings.
If Bale wants to go to China (or anywhere else) for a huge pay deal, then good luck to him.

Why should we expect someone - anyone - to agree to earn less than what they could by going elsewhere? Just because we think they should have a greater love for playing football rather than maximising their earnings.
If Bale wants to go to China (or anywhere else) for a huge pay deal, then good luck to him.
I earn about a tenth of what I could in the City because I prefer my lifestyle. I like seeing my family, I like them having space to rattle around in, I like being 10 minutes drive from the beach, etc. If London (3rd greatest city in the world behind Paris and New York) can't tempt me, then I don't know what it would take for China to.

I can't see why Bale would be all that different. He has family to visit that won't move out there, an immediate family to raise and care for, and I suspect the knowledge that some communist clams can't just seize all your money if it suits them might be a strong motivator.

I earn about a tenth of what I could in the City because I prefer my lifestyle. I like seeing my family, I like them having space to rattle around in, I like being 10 minutes drive from the beach, etc. If London (3rd greatest city in the world behind Paris and New York) can't tempt me, then I don't know what it would take for China to.

I can't see why Bale would be all that different. He has family to visit that won't move out there, an immediate family to raise and care for, and I suspect the knowledge that some communist clams can't just seize all your money if it suits them might be a strong motivator.

fudge off. London is the greatest city in the world. Paris and New York can suck my balls

Ok Scara, I can see that this is going to shock you and maybe even horrify you. But not everyone thinks the same as you. And you know what, there are even different ways to live life from the way you do it.

Maybe Bale is attracted to the idea of living in Asia for a couple of years. Of course the money is a factor but perhaps he likes the idea of seeing that country. He's still a young man. At his age, I wanted to see and experience a bit of the world - isn't it possible he wants the same?

I don't disagree with any of that. For the past few years I have definitely put quality of life over work and money. Bale might well follow the same path.
But if he decides China is for him, then fair enough. I just don't agree that such a decision makes him a mercenary and that he should drop his wages to stay in Europe and that he's a greedy bastard if he doesn't. If it was earlier in his career, maybe.

Well, China is out of the question (for) now, as their transfer window is closed.
So it looks like he'll have to dance with Zidane for another 6 months at least. Can't see that any European club has either the will or finances to succumb to his ridiculous wage demand.

Bloody hippie

fudge off. London is the greatest city in the world. Paris and New York can suck my balls
London's full of peasants. Paris and (other than the beggars) New York push them away really successfully.

Uber Luxe has significantly improved London though.

Ok Scara, I can see that this is going to shock you and maybe even horrify you. But not everyone thinks the same as you. And you know what, there are even different ways to live life from the way you do it.

Maybe Bale is attracted to the idea of living in Asia for a couple of years. Of course the money is a factor but perhaps he likes the idea of seeing that country. He's still a young man. At his age, I wanted to see and experience a bit of the world - isn't it possible he wants the same?
You're right, some people are wrong.

Well, China is out of the question (for) now, as their transfer window is closed.

So it looks like he'll have to dance with Zidane for another 6 months at least. Can't see that any European club has either the will or finances to succumb to his ridiculous wage demand.

Are they ridiculous if he’s already getting it? That is just where the market has graded him.

In Bales case he can live anywhere in the world he wants, either now or when his playing career finishes when he is likely to be only 35.

The reason I think most are questioning the decision to go to China is because the standard of football is so much lower and by most accounts he hasn’t really shown a huge appetite to embrace Madrid, so he has one more European move in him to play at the highest level. I always felt Beckham went to the US too early, at least he has stayed there though and has shown even more commitment by setting up a team. (I don’t count those cameo loan moves by Beckham as they were shirt selling exercises allowing him to have a club affiliation on every major league)

Ibrahimovic has had the best career in terms of the variety of clubs he’s played for and the domestic leagues he’s won, could we him rocking up at in China at 40!

Messi’s move post Barca will be interesting, I can only imagine it being the US or China and I guess he could claim he wouldn’t want to face Barca, although a few Argentine players seem to head back to their hometown clubs in their latterly years. Ronaldo..I think he will play in europe until Messi leaves to try and endure he ends up with bigger numbers!

In Bales case he can live anywhere in the world he wants, either now or when his playing career finishes when he is likely to be only 35.

The reason I think most are questioning the decision to go to China is because the standard of football is so much lower and by most accounts he hasn’t really shown a huge appetite to embrace Madrid, so he has one more European move in him to play at the highest level. I always felt Beckham went to the US too early, at least he has stayed there though and has shown even more commitment by setting up a team. (I don’t count those cameo loan moves by Beckham as they were shirt selling exercises allowing him to have a club affiliation on every major league)

Ibrahimovic has had the best career in terms of the variety of clubs he’s played for and the domestic leagues he’s won, could we him rocking up at in China at 40!

Messi’s move post Barca will be interesting, I can only imagine it being the US or China and I guess he could claim he wouldn’t want to face Barca, although a few Argentine players seem to head back to their hometown clubs in their latterly years. Ronaldo..I think he will play in europe until Messi leaves to try and endure he ends up with bigger numbers!

I can see Beckhams team snapping up some decent players, Miami must be a fantastic place to live for a few years.

I would suggest that with a current net worth of £100m his future is well and truly secured
Technically, it should be, if he lived like you and me and most of us. But once you start making this kind of money, you start spending more. I wouldn't be surprised if he spent over £1m year. He's got another 60 years to live, so that's £60m right there. But then you have to factor in inflation. 30 years from now, he'll need double that. So I can understand trying to earn every extra ££ he can.

Can he live like you and me? Of course he can. But why should he, if he can have a much more extravagant lifestyle? I'm not saying it's right, but that's human nature.

And let's not forget that has has already won everything a player can. It's not like he still has something to prove.

Im becoming more convinced he is just going to wait out Zidane, who will be sacked soon. Then he can play under a new manager and carry on like nothing happened.

He is Perez' man, that much has been made clear, and I think he knows very well he will outlast the manager.

Similarly Im quite convinced Eriksen will make a late move to Madrid, possibly after Thursday (if we get Fernandes in will be the clue IMO).

Another one that is Perez' target, I suspect El Presidente will start looking past Zidane and strengthen the squad as he see's fit for the next manager...

Technically, it should be, if he lived like you and me and most of us. But once you start making this kind of money, you start spending more. I wouldn't be surprised if he spent over £1m year. He's got another 60 years to live, so that's £60m right there. But then you have to factor in inflation. 30 years from now, he'll need double that. So I can understand trying to earn every extra ££ he can.

Can he live like you and me? Of course he can. But why should he, if he can have a much more extravagant lifestyle? I'm not saying it's right, but that's human nature.

And let's not forget that has has already won everything a player can. It's not like he still has something to prove.

Yes...but you'd imagine he's invested his £100m well, in which case I'm sure he could live an extravagant life from whatever profit he gets from his investments. If he has earnt that much and still needs to go to China to secure his financial future, he is either an idiot or a victim of poor financial advice - or maybe both.

Yes...but you'd imagine he's invested his £100m well, in which case I'm sure he could live an extravagant life from whatever profit he gets from his investments. If he has earnt that much and still needs to go to China to secure his financial future, he is either an idiot or a victim of poor financial advice - or maybe both.

Poor financial advice like : don't take the job where you can earn a million quid tax free a week, take this other job where you will earn a quarter of that amount?

Back