• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

Yeah, as much as you could justifiably label him a mercenary for seeking the most money, no one’s turning that kind of offer down.

Such a shame as he could easily afford a pay cut to c£200k / week and join a top European club, but it seems he wants to maintain as close to what he currently earns / get a hike, more than make a difference elsewhere.

His prerogative I guess.

It's kinda sad though. Seeing Bale sprinting away from defences and smashing amazing goals seems a thing of the past at club level in Europe.

£50m a year vs £5-£15m who could turn it down, and RM want him out.

Last edited:
I'd be tempted. Couple of years strolling around in China, and he could return home and buy Wales.

It's sickening though. In a week he will get paid more than most people will for a lifetime of hard work.

It's kinda sad though. Seeing Bale sprinting away from defences and smashing amazing goals seems a thing of the past at club level in Europe.

He's had 12 seasons in the big leagues, so that's not a bad innings. And only an accident of birthplace stopped him becoming a real great.

Are there any clubs in one of the big European leagues that are Chinese owned and share their ownership with a team in China? Is it Inter or AC Milan I'm thinking about here? Chinese owner brings him to China paying the wages and then loans out to the Milan club on a far lower wage? Effectively using their Chinese money to get around FFP?

Are there any clubs in one of the big European leagues that are Chinese owned and share their ownership with a team in China? Is it Inter or AC Milan I'm thinking about here? Chinese owner brings him to China paying the wages and then loans out to the Milan club on a far lower wage? Effectively using their Chinese money to get around FFP?

Chinese owners sold almost all their stakes in European clubs about a year ago. Their government introduced new rules about overseas investment, and they all started quickly pulling out: https://www.ft.com/content/fb11b9c0-93c8-11e8-b67b-b8205561c3fe

He is currently on £350k a week after tax. £18.2m a year. I'm sure he's getting a fortune in endorsements too.
The China offer is £1m a week. The tax rate is supposed to be 45%. That would put him on £550k. £28.6m a year. He'd probably lose out in future endorsements playing in a backwater.

Is a 63% pay rise enough to live in a dictatorship and raise your family there. And watch your career end and your status drop.

I can't see it happening.

He is currently on £350k a week after tax. £18.2m a year. I'm sure he's getting a fortune in endorsements too.
The China offer is £1m a week. The tax rate is supposed to be 45%. That would put him on £550k. £28.6m a year. He'd probably lose out in future endorsements playing in a backwater.

Is a 63% pay rise enough to live in a dictatorship and raise your family there. And watch your career end and your status drop.

I can't see it happening.

It's a year or two too soon. I think it'd be a fun place to be. A developing nation with lots of intersting countries around to visit. No doubt he would rather be in Europe for another couple of years, and probably offers a lot. More than maybe clubs realise. I thought he could be an outstanding signing for manu, but they have been burnt by Snachez and his wages, and hardly want another aging maga money star on their books.

By your analysis, the door is open for Levy....but the money will never stack up with us....we won't be paying him anything like 15m/pa. So the only way it might happen is a deadline day late one, where Madrid, with Bale saying no to the millions in China, and no other clubs ready to pouce last minute, subsidise our bid as a way to get Zidan what he wants - Bale out the door. If we line it up too soon, then other clubs would probably guzump our terms. All in all highly unlikely. Far more chance he'll end up in China than sign for us imo.

No one's turning that down, even if it is a massive cop out.

I agree, I don’t think anyone can have a go for him taking the money - I’m pretty sure most would.

But I think it does support the idea that it’s not really about football with him anymore.

It’s not like 150k- 200k a week is peanuts is it - plus a signing on fee - golden handshake from Real to get him out.

He’s 30 - there is time for that later.

We should swerve.

I don't blame him for it not being about football anymore. He's worked his arse off to get to Real Madrid and being treated like brick the whole way through. The comments from Zidane were a disgrace.

A chance to get away from Europe, go somewhere he will be absolutely idolised and make a brick load of cash.

I'd be tempted. Couple of years strolling around in China, and he could return home and buy Wales.

It's sickening though. In a week he will get paid more than most people will for a lifetime of hard work.
Would we then have to call it Bale’s Wales or just Bale’s?

Back