• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

I always thought he was most effective as the marauding left back, so he would be better cover for Rose than Davies.

He'd have to do it for free.

I always thought he was most effective as the marauding left back, so he would be better cover for Rose than Davies.

He'd have to do it for free.

A chance to finish his career (near) where it started. As the second choice left back at Spurs.

You could easily make an argument that much of the current squad was built with the Bale money. Even if some of it was with the proceeds from the sale of players bought with the Bale money.
I also think status plays a big part - by taking a medium sized chance on Berbs, slightly larger chance on Modric and Bale and developing both (Inc sticking by them when there were doubts) we showed players Spurs is a good place to be, not a barrier to success.

Selling those three also showed world football of our status

Purely hypothetical.

If a situation arose where Bale had fallen out of favour with ZZ and wanted to move on/was being pushed out, and we had first refusal, would you take him on?

Would he upset the current great team balance we have?

Who would he replace?

Would his much higher wages cause tensions?

Like I said guys just hypothetical questions

I don't think so personally. Loved him but the time has passed and we have moved on.

I would want us to take Bale in a heart beat. Imagine it like this: Sell Lamela and Sissoko for near their fees and buy him back. Instant quality starter. Even if we did not buy a player for 2 years it would be worth it. We have a young squad and we only need a player here and there to improve if we can keep them all. Never going to happen. Maybe in a few years when his prime has passed. That is when I can see him coming back.

Disagree for two reasons

By the way, while I'm aware its all amusement, just to help you think about it

- I believe someone found that our sale to Madrid had a clause in it that basically gave us first right of refusal if he was ever sold to a PL club (we just had to match offer)

Indeed. Up until 30 June 2019.

Screen-Shot-2016-01-21-at-09.24.20.png

I've not really watched Bale since his move to Real - is he basically the same style and/or quality of player as when he left, or has he changed in any way?

Genuine question.

I've not really watched Bale since his move to Real - is he basically the same style and/or quality of player as when he left, or has he changed in any way?

Genuine question.

Depends on if Ronaldo is on the field, its actually a little sad that a lot of the time the default pass for most of that side is to Ronaldo (in many ways understandable) regardless of if Bale/Benzema are in better positions, he/Benzema would have a lot more goals if they were the focal point.

He's played center a little more, but does a lot of the same stuff, pace/power, good strike, threat in the air, can cross .. brilliant player. Biggest issue for him in Madrid is he's had a lot of time out with injuries.

In a system as well oiled as ours, he'd score at will.

Back