• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

I do laugh at our fans someday ...

- If it was possible to get Bale, the answer is always yes .. he's is one the 2nd tier players in the world (behind two that most people could guess)
- He doesn't need to be fit for 60 games a season, we smash brick clubs, he would be prioritized for top 6, CL and cup SF & Finals
- Where he would play? depends on who, you could put him, Kane & Son up front (4-3-3) or just him & Kane. I'd say you could play back 4, +2 DMs, Dele & Eriksen creating, Kane & Bale up ...

His wages are beyond us however, so just a moot point ..

Had mixed feelings on him too, though far less against that Bale.

I love Winksy, and Id hate the idea of bringing in a short term player that will ultimately impede the lad.

That said, Im a massive fan of Modric, one of my all time favourites, love watching him play.

THAT said, would he still be up to it? And if so for how long?

All a bit confusing for me that one, to be honest.
I honestly believe Modric would take the whole team up a level in the area where we lack any top top players. He would give us the call retention of dembele but the ability to release a pass like Erisken and he’s not shy in the tackle either. He played in a 2 with Thudd so you could partner him with anyone and I’d honestly expect him to be fit for more games than Bale over the same period. I think he could play at least 3 more years at the top level. With regard to Winks, if he is to become first choice his development will be aided by competing, playing and training with a superior player as opposed to just get matches by default as everyone else is injured.
Realistically I hope we bring someone in like Modric who can play or keep the ball rather than a blunt instrument who’s game is based on power.

Could we? I suggest that would be a yes! Not too many takers TBH; would Bale want to go to Manure where Solskjaer is unlikely to last all of next season. Also I am quite sure that, after his sour Madrid experience, he would want to go somewhere where he feels loved and appreciated. He has lots of credit in the bank for what he gave us in the past and I am pretty sure it would a second coming of a hero...

Would we? Again I think it would be another yes. Levy would love to bring in a world star on the cheap. If what papers are indicating is true then we are talking £8 million a year salary plus a £10 mill loan fee. Gareth Bale at £12 - 15 mill a season is a bargain that Levy couldn't possible turn his nose to. The merchandise he would generate would already pay for a substantial chunk of that money.

Should we? Not even a shadow of a doubt! Despite what he has gone through, he remains a class act and can win you games on his own steam. That is the sort of player we currently lack. Above all, it would send out a message that we intend to stay in the big league, critical seeing as a super League seems to be only a few years down the road and we must retain our status to ensure we gate crash that party.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...id-leave-fee-how-much-cost-loan-a8920951.html

Zinedine Zidane has given the strongest indication yet that Gareth Bale will not be a Real Madrid player next season after leaving the Welshman on the bench for their final game of the season.

Madrid suffered their 12th La Liga defeat of the season as Zidane’s side suffered back-to-back losses to round out a disappointing campaign, with a number of key players left out of the side that saw Real betis record a comfortable 2-0 victory.

Bale was joined in being an unused substitute by midfielder Toni Kroos and goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, and the £86m 2013 signing walked straight down the tunnel at the end of the match instead of thanking the fans with the rest of the team

I'm really torn on this one. Generally I dont believe that re-signing former stars is a great idea, as expectations can be driven by what happened in the past and I'm not sure how many examples there are of the second spell being as good as the first.

However, Bale might well want to prove people wrong given whats happened at Real over the last year or two, and he's turning 30 soon, not turning 35.

I cant see us blowing a large part of our transfer budget on him though given his age, and equally don't see why Real would loan him out, or why we'd want to loan him.

I guess if we could flag Lamela and get Bale for a similar fee then it has to be worth it, however who knows how much Real really want

Manu seems the logical place for Bale. But they are likewise trying to get rid of an overpriced aging player - Sanchez who I'd also take at Spurs if someone else was paying the wages or if there was no transfer fee. Both would do well with us and we have lacked some experience in attack. Expensive but on a pay as you play contract would be awesome to sign Bale. We dont have the funds, but we have CL. And there are not that many options for him if CL is a requirement.

Bale would respond hugely to the Poch arm around the shoulders. I think he's probably depressed at the treatment he's received at RM recently, look at the way he ups his game and the smile on his face when he's been playing for Wales. He's still a galactico and the one we could actually bring to WHL, he'd be a massive boost for the club and team.

Bale would respond hugely to the Poch arm around the shoulders. I think he's probably depressed at the treatment he's received at RM recently, look at the way he ups his game and the smile on his face when he's been playing for Wales. He's still a galactico and the one we could actually bring to WHL, he'd be a massive boost for the club and team.

Part of this comes down to the fee which they want, and how many others are interested in him. Given we paid something like £10m for Llorente, then I could see us paying say £30m for Bale given he'd be about 3 years younger than Llorente (when we signed him). If someone was prepared to pay more than that, then I think we're out

Part of this comes down to the fee which they want, and how many others are interested in him. Given we paid something like £10m for Llorente, then I could see us paying say £30m for Bale given he'd be about 3 years younger than Llorente (when we signed him). If someone was prepared to pay more than that, then I think we're out

The transfer fee is not the issue. No one really cares about that, including RM. It's the 600k a week. A week! ...he is getting paid. The whole Ajax team are paid the same amount as Bale. Even if RM let him come to us on a free, we'd probably want them to pay some of the wages. Which makes the deal very had to imagine. But possible. RM want him off the books, and we offer exciting football and a place to be at home. Question is who is going to pay those wages!? Even if they are 50% of his current wage.

Back