• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

It would change the dynamics I think as you've basically got two out and out goalscorers that are quite selfish. We all know Kane likes to shoot but he does also assist when needed but mostly shoots when he wants to. That gets us a lot of goals. Bale would take some of that away from Kane. I guess it is a bit like having Ronaldo and Bale in the same team. Did that work? I think so. I'm with you though, back and forth a bit now.

While Madrid have been doing fine (in CL at least!) Im not sure its ever "worked". They are clearly two individuals within one team.

Bale, unlike Ronaldo, seems to carry no real ego - Im sure on a personal level he would be ok. He has a profile though, and a style, and I just cant decide if it would fit.

Bale is in his prime now. What ex girl friend. Did you watch his last few games?

I think if bale pushes for it real gets their money back not more.

Levy will need to get creative with sponsors, but its a well known business model that galacticos can fund themselves through shirt sales...nike could easily start a line with Bale and share revenues from licensing etc.

All very possible now with our new 60k stadium and sustained presence in the champions league.

While I absolutely think it is a highly unlikely thing to happen - for reasons such as your post I do believe it could happen.

Would love it but it won't happen and the source is a bit of a joke.

Getting Bale back wouldn't be akin to Sheringham - it'd be more like United getting Mark Hughes or Liverpool getting Ian Rush back. Both moves were very successful. This one would be too because Bale is phenomenal and has 3-4 very good years in him. Won't happen though.

Bale is in his prime now. What ex girl friend. Did you watch his her last few games shags?

I think if bale the ex pushes for it real her current bloke gets their money back not more.
Just trying to fix the metaphor. All starting to sound a bit creepy mind...

I get your point, but I don't think it's the best analogy. Sheringham was 35. And to be fair, still did a decent enough job. The saddest thing about that was the way it ended.

Sheringham never had any pace - his whole game was his intelligence. Bale is 29, has chronic quad/hamstring/calf problems, and his whole game is his physicality.

I guess him and Kane could work together but what we would definitely have is another match winner and wouldn't be totally reliable on Kane, or goals from Eriksen and Alli. I wouldnt want it to upset the team but I would definitely prefer to have the option of having Bale in our team at the expense of say, Lamela, no question. Over Son, yes, but it doesnt mean I would want to get rid of Son no way. Would just need managing. It doesnt hurt having world class subs, just fcuks off the players.

Whoever Bale goes to, he improves I think. If he goes to United, it makes them harder to catch. Chelsea, it improves them.

This is something Ive been thinking about, and I do flip flop on it a bit.

Would Bale work well in our team and system? Or would he not fit? Or would his presence change the focus of it? Would it effect someone like Kane or Alli adversely?

As I said, I kind of go back and forth on it.

I would bank on Bale slotting in to our system as well as anyone else tbh i reckon he and Kane are similar personalities in terms of work ethic and determination - i think players like Alli & Kane would thrive off of seeing the club make such a move in the market.

Probably would require the switch to 433 that we spoke out about before or swapping him in for Son in the 4231 - either way the team improves and becomes genuine title challengers

I would bank on Bale slotting in to our system as well as anyone else tbh i reckon he and Kane are similar personalities in terms of work ethic and determination - i think players like Alli & Kane would thrive off of seeing the club make such a move in the market.

Probably would require the switch to 433 that we spoke out about before or swapping him in for Son in the 4231

Well thats the other thing, do things go out of balance with him in?

Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Bale would all be certain to start, suddenly things start looking cramped!

Sheringham never had any pace - his whole game was his intelligence. Bale is 29, has chronic scoring overhead kicks in CL finals problems, and his whole game is his physicality.

But you know the first one he'd try for us, he'd snap his spaghetti muscles, and never be fit again. Willem Korsten style

Well thats the other thing, do things go out of balance with him in?

Kane, Alli, Eriksen, Bale would all be certain to start, suddenly things start looking cramped!

In a 4231 that wouldn't be cramped, we'd just be upgrading on Son.

Kane
Bale Eriksen Alli

Or

Son Kane Bale
Alli Eriksen
Dier
Would be a nightmare to defend against - Kane dropping deep/wide and having both Alli and Bale attacking the box. Eriksen having an extra man to pick out making runs in behind - would be glorious

Second one works for me, first one not so much.

The second is kind of what Ive been talking about in other threads. I want to see Eriksen/Alli is more orthodox CMs, switching between deeper/advanced positions. Allowing them both to thrive (IMO) and for us to keep proper attacking players in the attacking positions.

Bale's injuries are well documented. However i think he will have an easier time in a Poch team where the load is shared quite evenly across the midfield and attack.

Also while Bale offers speed down the wings, in reality its an occasional demand as our game is based more largely on a systematic press and build up.

What Bale really offers is a real threat of a speedy break and long range shots. That itself should keep the opponents worried and give Kane more space and time to do his thing.
Sheringham never had any pace - his whole game was his intelligence. Bale is 29, has chronic quad/hamstring/calf problems, and his whole game is his physicality.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Fapatalk

In a 4231 that wouldn't be cramped, we'd just be upgrading on Son.

Kane
Bale Eriksen Alli

Or

Son Kane Bale
Alli Eriksen
Dier
Would be a nightmare to defend against - Kane dropping deep/wide and having both Alli and Bale attacking the box. Eriksen having an extra man to pick out making runs in behind - would be glorious

Who is Or? Have we signed someone or am I missing something? Also, I am not sure if we have worked out cloning humans yet. :eek:

Probably would require the switch to 433 that we spoke out about before or swapping him in for Son in the 4231 - either way the team improves and becomes genuine title challengers
Even Danny Rose would be happy. He hates Google.

Actually, that puts me in mind of the old ManU "Gary Neville is a Red" song:

Danny Rose is Lilywhite, Lilywhite, Lilywhite.
Danny Rose is Lilywhite, HE HATES GOOGLE!

Even Danny Rose would be happy. He hates Google.

Actually, that puts me in mind of the old ManU "Gary Neville is a Red" song:

Danny Rose is Lilywhite, Lilywhite, Lilywhite.
Danny Rose is Lilywhite, HE HATES GOOGLE!

Danny Rose is very excited by the prospect of having Batman playing for us. The Dark Knight is one of his favourite films

Gareth Bale, Gareth Bale...
YOUUU were born to play for Spurs (again)
You were born to play for Spurs (again)...

It would be incredible if we signed him and, as others have said, it will send out a strong signal to our rivals...

They used to say, for those old enough, that people remembered where they were when they heard that JFK had been shot..

I was on holiday in Kos in 1988 when I got a newspaper that said we had signed Gazza..

In 1994 I had just walked into an office at work and heard on the 4pm news that we had signed Klinnsman..

If we were able to re-sign Gareth it would definitely be one of those moments..

COYS.
It will probably be on the toilet in work squeezing one out and checking your phone at the same time. Make sure you shout 'yes' nice and loud!

Last edited:
It would be akin to a genie making you the greatest lover in the world only to make all the women disappear in the same day!

Back