• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale. Could we? Would we? Should we?

Yet football clubs sign using a pen...
these are employment contracts don’t forget so underhand or under deed isn’t relevant

Is it technically an employment contract or a service contract? It’s not governed by general employment laws - eg notice periods, redundancy, annual leave, sick pay etc. - it’s a specific contract for service.
UK law allows for electronic signature on contracts. The whole pen signing thing, like with political treaties, is for photo ops.

Is it technically an employment contract or a service contract? It’s not governed by general employment laws - eg notice periods, redundancy, annual leave, sick pay etc. - it’s a specific contract for service.
UK law allows for electronic signature on contracts. The whole pen signing thing, like with political treaties, is for photo ops.
Electronic signatures are between businesses as far as im are using a delegation of authority.
The players contract is an employment contract. It will be different but it will be mainly around notice (hence why they have a fixed period of employment). It would be more like the contracts I sign when I do consultancy work for fixed periods

I’ll add that I’m only guessing as I’ve never seen a players contract

Here you all go:

http://heluecht.stupid-and-slow.de/contracts/Mesut-Ozil.pdf

And it involves Real, so that makes it easier to use as a proxy. From 2013, but things can't have changed that much.

Looks like a normal contract that one signs either with a pen, or with a jpg of one's signature (and the contrast whacked up) before the doc is pdf'd and emailed back.

One clause states that the agreemnt takes effect as long as the player and the club have entered into a "contract of employment". So, like a normal workplace contract.

Saying all this Sergio was a done deal and not been announced either, so maybe all reading too much into it.......

So likelihood is its about announcing together and maybe the PR pageantry of it all sort out.

I am 99.9% sure it will done at the ground etc
I’d assume so
I honestly don’t see there being anything negative happening now
As I said the other day for his agent to speak like he has to me it was just all about the formalities
And don’t forget with bale it’s a loan, kart wages, image rights, and probably golf club memberships that need sorting for a player with a minor injury

I’ll add that I’m only guessing as I’ve never seen a players contract

Fair enough, neither have I.
I signed an employment contract last year. Signed it physically but scanned it and sent it via email, as did my employer, with no need to follow up with hard copies with original signatures. There was nothing to stop me using an electronic signature if I had one to use.

I’m sure we’re just holding fire until what the club thinks is the most opportune time to release the news.

It would be beyond disappointing - and mortifying - for it to not go through now. As with most of us, I will always have that niggle of ‘it could still go wrong’ until the official signing announcement and picture of pen being put to paper (legally required or not,) is released.

The only way I'd forgive Levy this not going through now would be if there is something after showing in the medical. Even at that, I'd be beyond tinkled because I'd expect anything serious to be known about before we started leaking.

the only problem could be fitness indemnities. underwriting current injury problems?

I've got a mate who's bit of a Real Madrid fan saying Bale's injuries have often come on the back of international duty, and it's never been quite clear whether he's actually been out injured, or whether it's been a case of Real saying he's injured when he's really not.

Injury prone or not, he's a world class player, and on his best form he's probably just below peak Messi/Ronaldo. It would be madness not to take him back. I think it's absolutely brilliant, most excited I've been as a Spurs fan since the CL final. :)

I've got a mate who's bit of a Real Madrid fan saying Bale's injuries have often come on the back of international duty, and it's never been quite clear whether he's actually been out injured, or whether it's been a case of Real saying he's injured when he's really not.

Injury prone or not, he's a world class player, and on his best form he's probably just below peak Messi/Ronaldo. It would be madness not to take him back. I think it's absolutely brilliant, most excited I've been as a Spurs fan since the CL final. :)
Averages more games than a certain player who has just signed for a Liverpool

Back