• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale (again)

I would rather we spent the wages he would want on players who would/could be here for several years and put in the commitment in EVERY game. Guess i would be in the minority but i would not want him back here.

If it's either or, I agree with you.

But as an impact sub and an inspiration for younger players, I'd welcome Bale back (again, LOL). Of course it would depend on many factors, most importantly whether Conte wants him or not. Then there's the financial aspect and whether Bale will accept such a role in the team (he seemed content last season).

I don't follow football outside of Spurs, and have no idea how Bale has done this season. IMO he did all right for us under Mourinho, and his second spell certainly wasn't as disastrous as some people make it out to be. If he can replicate that, he'd be an asset.

From memory most were dead rubber or flat track bully goals. Not the big match or match winning ones.

Vinicius scored 10 in 22 for us as well.

Also 3/4th of our frontline are already pushing 30, so we desperately need some energy and pressing ability to add to that mix

It's not exact science, but without his PL goals and assists, four of our wins last season, would've been draws. That's eight points he directly contributed to.

While his goals and assists mostly came against lesser clubs, in his defence, Bale rarely featured in the biggest games. He got a combined 35 minutes playing time against Liverpool, City, United and Chelski last season, which is hardly enough time to make any substantial impact. Whether he would have made a difference is a different question, of course. But you can only perform in the games you actually play.

Didn't Danny Blanchflower say of Hoddle that there isn't such a thing as a luxury player, bad players are the luxury players.
You'd build a system around Hoddle. But no top club would build a system around Bale now, now that his physicality has dwindled so much. And he does really fit in any system where he's required to press or defend

If it's either or, I agree with you.

But as an impact sub and an inspiration for younger players, I'd welcome Bale back (again, LOL). Of course it would depend on many factors, most importantly whether Conte wants him or not. Then there's the financial aspect and whether Bale will accept such a role in the team (he seemed content last season).

I don't follow football outside of Spurs, and have no idea how Bale has done this season. IMO he did all right for us under Mourinho, and his second spell certainly wasn't as disastrous as some people make it out to be. If he can replicate that, he'd be an asset.

Conte wants him.

Didn't Danny Blanchflower say of Hoddle that there isn't such a thing as a luxury player, bad players are the luxury players.

He did fail as a manager though, what’s his opinion on team building worth.

You'd build a system around Hoddle. But no top club would build a system around Bale now, now that his physicality has dwindled so much. And he does really fit in any system where he's required to press or defend

Not now, but Bale at his best was way better than Hoddle at his best, through athleticism alone.

He did fail as a manager though, what’s his opinion on team building worth.

Not now, but Bale at his best was way better than Hoddle at his best, through athleticism alone.

Well i kno w its all about o pinions but Hoddle was probably the most talented player i have seen in a Spurs shirt. Bale may have been more athletic but for skill Hoddle was the better player.

Last edited:
Well i know Stop! Hammer time but Hoddle was probably the most talented player i have seen in a Spurs shirt. Bale may have been more athletic but for skill Hoddle was the better player.

I think Bale was close enough technically, as is Kane, to be talked about in the same way.

But the difference in athleticism and defensive workrate puts them in a different tier.

It’s not Hoddle’s fault, it’s just that old football was brick and laziness was common.

I think Bale was close enough technically, as is Kane, to be talked about in the same way.

But the difference in athleticism and defensive workrate puts them in a different tier.

It’s not Hoddle’s fault, it’s just that old football was brick and laziness was common.

Well i do not agree so we will have to agree to disagree. :)

As for Bale now, I'd take him if he was affordable. I didn't mean build a system around him. He could play as back up to Kulusevski when required.

As for Bale now, I'd take him if he was affordable. I didn't mean build a system around him. He could play as back up to Kulusevski when required.

He’s not worth the money as a back up, the money he would want should be for first teamer

Two goals for Wales were brilliant, but he is not getting a sniff at real again.

Bale might be as technical as Hoddle when you compare the respective left foot of each player…. Fact Hoddle was actually right footed says it all.

Bale might be as technical as Hoddle when you compare the respective left foot of each player…. Fact Hoddle was actually right footed says it all.

Nah, Bale was as good with his left as Hoddle was with his right, Kane is as good with both feet.

I think we are long past the point of talking about Kane being Hoddle-esque, Hoddle was Kane-esque, just without the defensive contribution, which is ultimately the most important part of the game.

Nah, Bale was as good with his left as Hoddle was with his right, Kane is as good with both feet.

I think we are long past the point of talking about Kane being Hoddle-esque, Hoddle was Kane-esque, just without the defensive contribution, which is ultimately the most important part of the game.
You've totally lost me here. Two exceptional players but they are like chalk and cheese. Hoddle a sublime artist, Kane a master craftsman. But overall I would choose Kane over Hoddle because he affects games more.

Last edited:
Back