• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale (again)

Can’t see Bale going to the Championship. He would be required to play week in week out and the last few years has shown his body is likely to break down.
I reckon he’ll go to a bigger club were he can be a bit part player and therefore not relied to play 2 games a week every week.

I would certainly take Bale if there was the understanding that he’d likely be off the bench and start the odd game. He’s a match winner as proved again last night.

Giggs is everything that bale should have been for his club.
Heh, fair point. But how much of the Bale mess is down to Madrid / their managers / their fans / their captive press?

I see that Marca is calling him a parasite today, and I get it. But equally, haven't many of his missed league games this season been down to the manager rather than injury? You can't leave a player on the bench then get tinkled off when they're not winning games for you.

Heh, fair point. But how much of the Bale mess is down to Madrid / their managers / their fans / their captive press?

I see that Marca is calling him a parasite today, and I get it. But equally, haven't many of his missed league games this season been down to the manager rather than injury? You can't leave a player on the bench then get tinkled off when they're not winning games for you.

They're all partly to blame and unfortunate injuries.

I can see Bale enjoying the quality of our facilities and being with a few familiar faces, from our perspective he could be a difference maker off the bench but obviously his wages would have to be realistic - I’m not sure Conte would be keen to have someone who is unlikely to be up for ‘suffering’ in training!

Not sure I'd take him on hefty wages. He underwhelmed last season and is two years older.

No fee and token/reasonable wages and I'd consider it personally. But I'll leave it to Paratici and Conte to decide what's best as they may know a bit more than me.

The goals yesterday were great, I don’t think enough has been made if the perfect Ben Davies assist for the second though.

Love bale and if we had a different manager i'd have him back. But can't see him fit with conte. He doesn't train and doesn't work hard enough. We'll see if conte makes an exception but i can't see it. But then i couldn't see him come while mourinho was here. So what do i know?

Love bale and if we had a different manager i'd have him back. But can't see him fit with conte. He doesn't train and doesn't work hard enough. We'll see if conte makes an exception but i can't see it. But then i couldn't see him come while mourinho was here. So what do i know?
I'm the same. Conte seems to value the system over individuals, so I can't see Bale fitting in. It's not a question of effort -- he was clearly training well with us last season -- but that he's just not able to play week in, week out, or even last 90 minutes, certainly not in consecutive matches. That said, he's not a disruptive influence, and what youngster couldn't be inspired by him?

So on the one hand, Bale is an expensive luxury player who isn't going to give us value for money.

On the other hand, he's a stone cold match winner. We're regularly a handful of points outside the top 4, or beaten cup semi-finalists - fine margins away from success. If Bale wins us just 3 or 4 games over the season, coming off the bench, that could mean a trophy or CL qualifications.

Regardless of our opinions, we all support Spurs, which means we're dreamers. "To Dare Is To Do", not "Play The Percentages And Win 1-0". Bale is the epitome of that. If we can get him as a bonus player (i.e. not preventing us from getting one of our other targets), I'm all for it.

I'm the same. Conte seems to value the system over individuals, so I can't see Bale fitting in. It's not a question of effort -- he was clearly training well with us last season -- but that he's just not able to play week in, week out, or even last 90 minutes, certainly not in consecutive matches. That said, he's not a disruptive influence, and what youngster couldn't be inspired by him?

So on the one hand, Bale is an expensive luxury player who isn't going to give us value for money.

On the other hand, he's a stone cold match winner. We're regularly a handful of points outside the top 4, or beaten cup semi-finalists - fine margins away from success. If Bale wins us just 3 or 4 games over the season, coming off the bench, that could mean a trophy or CL qualifications.

Regardless of our opinions, we all support Spurs, which means we're dreamers. "To Dare Is To Do", not "Play The Percentages And Win 1-0". Bale is the epitome of that. If we can get him as a bonus player (i.e. not preventing us from getting one of our other targets), I'm all for it.

I'm just going by what defoe said. He said he didn't train.

I'm sure - learn from Kane for a season and then succeed him - is a pretty big pull for the country's best homegrown young CF

I'd like him here. He can play in son and kulus positions aswell so will get game time if he came. As for kane he can play well into his 30s. Whether thats with us or not we'll have to see.

Strong rumours he is coming in the summer. Must be more modest wages which I’m sure he’d accept considering his age. Maybe 150k a week.

What I dont understand is why he didnt spend this season on loan with us. Surely Madrid and Bale would have wanted it to happen and the same financial deal for last season seems reasonable. I’m sure Nuno would have welcomed Bale also, so all seems very strange to me.

Can only think Carlo convinced him to stay at Madrid, he did start him regularly at the beginning of the season after all. But it was long before Carlo was appointed Madrid manager when Bale made his ‘I know what I’m doing but cannot say as it will cause chaos’ comment.

Strong rumours he is coming in the summer. Must be more modest wages which I’m sure he’d accept considering his age. Maybe 150k a week.

What I dont understand is why he didnt spend this season on loan with us. Surely Madrid and Bale would have wanted it to happen and the same financial deal for last season seems reasonable. I’m sure Nuno would have welcomed Bale also, so all seems very strange to me.

Can only think Carlo convinced him to stay at Madrid, he did start him regularly at the beginning of the season after all. But it was long before Carlo was appointed Madrid manager when Bale made his ‘I know what I’m doing but cannot say as it will cause chaos’ comment.

I thought it was quite obvious in 20-21 that he wasn't up to the pace of the EPL anymore. Early round cup games etc, fine. But he was struggling in any decent pace/competitive league game.

Last edited:
Back