• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale (again)

Denying Leicester the CL should get anyone a contract.

I'm not suggesting building the team around him, but he wasn't without value to us. 15 or so goals for the season I think? Lucas would love that return.
You get the right players in and you don’t need Lucas

He scored 16 goals for us last season and had the best goals to minute ratio of any player in the league - wage theif indeed...
We'd absolutely love to have a player with that return this season after Son and Kane, he may or may not suit Contes style but I'll leave that for him to decide.

Last edited:
There's no doubting his quality, but like others I have my doubts if he's hard working enough for Conte's Spurs. I wouldn't expect him to be more than an impact player/super sub, but if he could replicate his numbers from last season, he could be worth it.

If Conte wants him, I'm all in.

He scored 16 goals for us last season and had the best goals to minute ratio of any player in the league - wage theif indeed...
We'd absolutely love to have a player with that return this season after Son and Kane, he may or may not suit Contes style but I'll leave that for him to decide.

Sure, let Conte decide. But where would you see him fit into a Conte system?

Comes down to wages for me. If what he's looking for is reasonable or heavy weighted on bonuses rather than basic then I'm all for it.
11 goals in 20 appearances while he was on loan, we desperately need someone who can get those type of numbers outside of Son and Kane.

Wages and attitude. Here to do a job as an impact player off the bench, fine. Anything over and beyond that as a bonus, demanding hard work when playing.

Guess I could see it if he's up for that and wages aren't extraordinary.

If he comes here like Ronaldo to United, expecting to start most games, be the star. No way.

If he has the attitude and application it is something to consider. I cannot imagine he would ask for silly money after milking every last Euro from Real Madrid :D

It really just depends on whether Conte wants him, if he does than I am all in, if not, then next.

So sell a 21 year old and replace with a 33 year old? Not going to happen.

The way I see it Conte would like to challenge for the title and the CL so we need as strong a squad as possible. Right now our first team squad consist of just 21 players so we have a few spaces to play with. Bottom line, we just have to trust in whatever Conte wants, within reason

So sell a 21 year old and replace with a 33 year old? Not going to happen.

Based on Conte's comments, and they get interpreted in many ways, I don't think he much cares for having potential in his squad when he wants to win titles. Also I doubt highly we're going to get Bale in.

The way I see it Conte would like to challenge for the title and the CL so we need as strong a squad as possible. Right now our first team squad consist of just 21 players so we have a few spaces to play with. Bottom line, we just have to trust in whatever Conte wants, within reason

What Naija said...

Sure, let Conte decide. But where would you see him fit into a Conte system?

Wages and attitude. Here to do a job as an impact player off the bench, fine. Anything over and beyond that as a bonus, demanding hard work when playing.

Guess I could see it if he's up for that and wages aren't extraordinary.

If he comes here like Ronaldo to United, expecting to start most games, be the star. No way.
He didn't start most games while on loan. I doubt he expects anything different under Conte. If he deserves it he'd play, if not he won't.

As i've said i can't see conte wanting him. This bs article said it was agreed months ago. Before conte did any evaluation of the squad or what he needs.

Love Bale but he's not the right fit.
He's 33
Doesn't train.
Doesn't help out the defence.
Constantly injured.

No way would conte want him.

It's a vanity project, Saudi Sportswashing Machine might do it. Just to raise the profile of the club.

Back