• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale (again)

I would steer clear this time round. For the many reasons mentioned above.

The romantic in me would like to see him do one more season, but realistically I think we should be looking forward, not back.
Exactly the same here. While I certainly wouldn't mind having Bale on the bench (with 5 subs next season), it absolutely shouldn't be at the expense of signing a first teamer or even an exciting young prospect.

That said, I think we should look back towards Eriksen before looking forward properly ;-)

He got into double figure goals without breaking a sweat. Get him in!

He was pretty mediocre though really wasn't he, despite some goals in secondary matches. He's then played 6 games in the intervening year and his sole motivation now is to not get injured. I don't really see the temptation, especially compared to some of the other options out there.

Well, if he goes to Cardiff I hope he makes his own travel arrangements.

Better medical facilities and knowledge of his needs here, though.

surely for a guy with his ability and injury record, it would be better for him to go to the US?

If I was Bale I’d really think twice about joining Cardiff. Off course it’s a great nostalgic story. But the reality is that he’d be playing with crap players, receiving hospital passes and be on the end of some thunderous challenges.

The championship is an unforgiving league. In the absence of skill they make up for it with hard graft. Bale will be the best player and a bit of a celebrity there. They’ll want to take him down a peg or two, and some would want to make a name for themselves. “I tackled Bale, he couldn’t get past me” etc. I think the tackles will be flying in. He’ll need to be very careful to avoid injury which is his ultimate goal.

Think carefully, Gareth!

If I was Bale I’d really think twice about joining Cardiff. Off course it’s a great nostalgic story. But the reality is that he’d be playing with crap players, receiving hospital passes and be on the end of some thunderous challenges.

The championship is an unforgiving league. In the absence of skill they make up for it with hard graft. Bale will be the best player and a bit of a celebrity there. They’ll want to take him down a peg or two, and some would want to make a name for themselves. “I tackled Bale, he couldn’t get past me” etc. I think the tackles will be flying in. He’ll need to be very careful to avoid injury which is his ultimate goal.

Think carefully, Gareth!
A league full of Charlie Adam’s!

would be a massive waste, he's still one of the best players in the world, he's just won another CL

He was 90 minutes away from retiring last weekend. He's just looking for somewhere to keep fit for 5 months in the build up to the world cup. It's not like he's going to have a big indian summer to his career somewhere, he's just after an extended Wales training camp, especially after another year of getting no minutes (literally 6 appearances) at Madrid.

Back