• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale (again)

You really take the tinkle at times. You state Bales goals were against Marine, but guess what, 3 of those 10 goals that Vinicius score were against Marine.
Lets take the Marine game out since you have basically said it doesn't count, that's 7 in 21 for Vinicus and guess what, that's still 11 in 20 in the PL for Bale.
Or we could just do a like for like comparison, Bale 11 in 20 (84 mins per goal) in PL, Vinicus 1 in 9 (303 mins per goal) in PL. Even in the Dutch league Vinicus has only scored 6 goals this season.
But yeah, Vinicus is a much better choice than Bale :rolleyes:

I wouldn't want either. Both are depressing hauntings of the Mourinho era. But of the two Vinicius at least still has legs.

We need to be signing the future - an Olise or a Brereton

What would count against Bale for me is that for the majority of games he would be an impact player, late sub kind of option and not much more. Even last time, two years younger, he would come on as a sub with 20 minutes to go and do very little defensive work.

Very good at this one specific thing, a goal/end product threat to throw on when needed. Not much else.

Eriksen could do a similar job from the bench, and do more, be an option for more roles, better option as a starter.

Would we want to sign both? Perhaps... But assuming Eriksen doesn't become an automatic starter that still leaves us with fewer clear use cases for Bale.

Perhaps as a "bonus signing", one more option, we could do Bale in addition to Eriksen or some other attacking option. But I'm not 100% convinced. And I would rather have Eriksen if given the choice between the two.

What would count against Bale for me is that for the majority of games he would be an impact player, late sub kind of option and not much more. Even last time, two years younger, he would come on as a sub with 20 minutes to go and do very little defensive work.

Very good at this one specific thing, a goal/end product threat to throw on when needed. Not much else.

Eriksen could do a similar job from the bench, and do more, be an option for more roles, better option as a starter.

Would we want to sign both? Perhaps... But assuming Eriksen doesn't become an automatic starter that still leaves us with fewer clear use cases for Bale.

Perhaps as a "bonus signing", one more option, we could do Bale in addition to Eriksen or some other attacking option. But I'm not 100% convinced. And I would rather have Eriksen if given the choice between the two.

if we get both it will give us even more options against teams that sit back. It was a problem we faced this year and will be even more next year as more teams will respect us again and stealing a point would be a good result for them.

sitting back and letting Bale take pot shots at goal is not a great option, and if you commit too many players to cover that, it’s going to leave eriksen with a lot of time and space to pick a pass.

but it all depends whether Conte wants both or either of them.

You really take the tinkle at times. You state Bales goals were against Marine, but guess what, 3 of those 10 goals that Vinicius score were against Marine.
Lets take the Marine game out since you have basically said it doesn't count, that's 7 in 21 for Vinicus and guess what, that's still 11 in 20 in the PL for Bale.
Or we could just do a like for like comparison, Bale 11 in 20 (84 mins per goal) in PL, Vinicus 1 in 9 (303 mins per goal) in PL. Even in the Dutch league Vinicus has only scored 6 goals this season.
But yeah, Vinicus is a much better choice than Bale :rolleyes:

Lets not forget that Bale was playing for Spurs when Gutter Boy was on hiatus as a Spurs fan and off supporting his local team Sheffield United instead - so as usual talking about what he wants to be the case rather than from a position of knowledge

I noticed yesterday he has 19m twitter followers, now some of them will be Madrid fans, but that is still a lot of potential merchandising targets.

Still would do more than moura when here
Bale last season almost scored as many goals as Moura has in his whole time here

Not saying we shouldn't upgrade moura. But we need someone that is going to be available when needed. Especially if we get cl.

Even Mourinho always had Moura ahead of him.
Jose got sacked
Also a relic
but He did play bale over Moura when he was fit
Now we have Moura who can’t play in Contes system and doesn’t really score of create
We can keep him for him COYS tweets I guess
Or replace him with a player who can get double figures

A Bergwijn minus the energy?

I can see where you're coming from in terms of your hesitance over the signing but you've got to realize you're playing yourself with that kind of argument..

Wages / Injuries a genuine worry yes but an aging Bale is still levels above Stevey B.

Not a fan of going back myself but it would be funny if Bale and Eriksen coming back on frees actually was the key to becoming competitive rather than being astounded by a fourth place finish in the league.

Back