• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Badger Cull

Why go ahead with the trials when the scientific evidence is against them working? That's what the scientists are saying (see above articles).

I've read the above articles and a lot more besides. The point I was making is that the trials are going to go ahead come hell or high water at the moment. So Brian May and his chums should focus on making sure that the trial goes ahead without any chance of mission creep or further extension and try to ensure that the trials are as unhindered as possible so that all concerned can see the failure for what it is. A line can then be drawn.

Know it well. Beautiful area round there but gotta say is Inkpen possibly the biggest village in the world? It's spread out all over the place

Know it well. Beautiful area round there but gotta say is Inkpen possibly the biggest village in the world? It's spread out all over the place

It is damn pretty... that's why I fell in love with the place, and decided to move here as opposed to Surrey/Hants where my wife and I had been looking. It's not really a village as it has no specific centre, but it's area is certainly larger than the neighbouring market town of Hungerford, with about 900 people as opposed to 25000!

Not black and white is it...

The hillier counties should be badger friendly whilst the flatter lands are cattle friendly.

Which is effectively what they are doing with this cull.

pretty black and white for me, the government killing an indigenous species to help a failing industry (which is too damn lazy and/or stubborn to solve their own problems) stay in profit

The BBC News subtitlers just wrote "the controversial Joe Cole" instead of controversial badger cull.

Nice.

They have no natural predictors left, they need management. England is a heavily managed environment even the wild bits are products of human intervention.

seems to me we are the ones that need managing, all the experts say it won't work and has the potential to make the problem worse

seems to me we are the ones that need managing, all the experts say it won't work and has the potential to make the problem worse

By no means is it all the experts, its a fairly even split but not if you read the BBC website only, or the Guardian.

I think they suggested that by culling the badgers it would push them further afield, potentially spreading Bovine TB further. I'd counter that by suggesting culled Badgers aren't going anywhere. Our environment requires balance, alas we humans are largely the only ones who decide on that balance. Hence we 'manage' our environment to suit our largely commercial needs and there is little other than the elements and war for the time being to control the imbalance within our ecosystem that we perpetuate. There is probably a stronger argument for culling humans or at least controlling their movements.

All this talk of a badger cull and this man disappears

Gerry_Francis_589495.jpg

I think they suggested that by culling the badgers it would push them further afield, potentially spreading Bovine TB further. I'd counter that by suggesting culled Badgers aren't going anywhere. Our environment requires balance, alas we humans are largely the only ones who decide on that balance. Hence we 'manage' our environment to suit our largely commercial needs and there is little other than the elements and war for the time being to control the imbalance within our ecosystem that we perpetuate. There is probably a stronger argument for culling humans or at least controlling their movements.

There already trying that in Syria and people are complaining.

'kin Liberals.

I know mate i know.

Watch how you go though this site has been taken over by them and they love nothing better to cry and play the victim, a tactic i have decided to follow in recent months. I like to view myself as the sites policeman looking out for anyone who does something wrong. Im kind of like luther but not black or moody.

Back