• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Baby shops

elltrev

Andy Sinton
Extremely random question fellow GGers:

Anyone know of a nice (i.e. independent, selling good quality and original things) baby shop in London?

My sister is having her first baby soon and I want to get her something thoughtful that she'll appreciate (but not too expensive - £50 or under - very short on cash currently)

If you have any present ideas too that would be a bonus!

I'm currently leaning towards a nice keepsake box for the baby...

Mama's & Papa's is pretty good, given them half of my earnings over the last 3 years I expect. Jojo Maman Bebe are good for clothes. Polarn O Pyret do some lovely stuff but its a bit more expensive.

All chains though i'm afraid.

A keepsake box is a great idea, chuck in the paper from the birth day and maybe some other of the moment stuff.

As mentioned, Jojo Maman is the place for all baby stuff.

You're better off with something personal where you've put the effort in though like your keepsake box idea.

Another nice thing we received is a baby log. You essentially write to your baby (both parents) every day in it telling them about your life and theirs, how they're developing etc.

A nice idea Scara, I also set up an email address for my daughter the day she was born. I send her pictures, emails, links stories and stuff (As does her Mum and other family members) something nice for her to read when she's older. As for shops, OP whereabouts are you? there are numerous indies about. Loads around Portobello road/Ladbroke Grove area, plus Camden

Jojo Maman from me too. There's a 15% off code out there at the moment if you want.

For toys try Melissa and Doug

A nice idea Scara, I also set up an email address for my daughter the day she was born. I send her pictures, emails, links stories and stuff (As does her Mum and other family members) something nice for her to read when she's older. As for shops, OP whereabouts are you? there are numerous indies about. Loads around Portobello road/Ladbroke Grove area, plus Camden

I had thought of the email address thing, but couldn't work out how to get around it being deactivated when nobody logs in for a few years. Do you regularly log in? I'm not sure I'd be able to remember to do that.

I had thought of the email address thing, but couldn't work out how to get around it being deactivated when nobody logs in for a few years. Do you regularly log in? I'm not sure I'd be able to remember to do that.

Yeah I log in every couple of months or so. Just set up a reminder on my Outlook or phone

I set up a gmail account for my parents which they never used. I opened it up for the first time in 5 years and it was fine.

Back