• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Away games thread

Did Everton away a few years ago. Saw a dire 0-0. There's a school about a mile from the ground you can park in for a tenner.
Not the best away day at all. They play sh it boring football and the banter from the locals is minimal. You'll see a few geezers in Shellsuits though and you will laugh.
They do server Chang apparently now though, this improves the experience drastically.

If you go to Sunderland then stay in Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Far better nightlife and friendlier people. There's not a lot going on in Sunderland. There's a large ish pub over the bridge called The Wheatsheaf that'll let away fans in for a few match beers. No atmosphere in there though as it's full of Home fans too.

Does anyone know if there are any away friendly pubs near Goodison? Always amazes me that at WHL an away fan won't get a sniff of a drink before kick-off in any of our pubs, wondered if Everton was the same.

My application for the Everton away game has been successful. Lets hope I am not at the back like last year, as this is the view you get:

thumbnail.aspx

As for parking, try the Walton Leisure Centre. For Everton games, you can either pay to use the car park, or park on the wide dual carriage way. Goodison is "walkable" from Lime Street, but it is a fair hike.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine/Sunderland - make use of the metro, as you can park outside of the cities, enabling you to "commute" in. There is a good car park at Heworth.

Bolton - Don't you just love the queue into Horwich Parkway station? Another option is to "commute" in from the home of the other "Lilywhite's" (i.e. Preston)?

Last edited:
Sunderland away is one the same day but has been moved to 12:45 kickoff.

Early start for the drive up, but at least get back home a few hours earlier.

As its Easter weekend we've booked a Premier Inn for the Friday night, then drive down to London after the game and have a few days holiday for the Norwich game.
So lucky to have a missus who loves Spurs nearly as much as I do

Back