• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Away games thread

Jurgen the German

Tommy Harmer
I'm thinking of going Everton away in March as it's one of the only big ish grounds that I haven't been to. It's been moved to half 5 kickoff on ESPN so I'm not sure whether to go or not. Is this is a decent away fixture?

Yea I'm tempted by Everton away as well. Can get a train up from Fratton for about 15 quid but getting back after the game looks impossible at the moment given the late kick-off time (unless I get an overnight train which I don't want to do)!

I'm sure it's a good away - proper old school ground set in a backdrop of terrace housing etc.

As James has said. Definitely an old school-type stadium. As i have posted previously, you do get a poor view if you are in the Lower Bullens, esp on the back rows. You have duck down to see the crossbar and there is a post restricting the view.
But the low roof and compact stand does make for a good atmosphere.
5.30pm ko and live showing may deter a few and offer the chance to Members with a lower pts total the chance to go

What do people do regarding getting train tickets? I spoke to someone at work who supports Emirates Marketing Project, he reckons the best thing to do is leave it until about 6 weeks before the game and then book the tickets. Apparently prices of train tickets tend to go up and down. It's hard because fixtures get rearranged all the time.

What do people do regarding getting train tickets? I spoke to someone at work who supports Emirates Marketing Project, he reckons the best thing to do is leave it until about 6 weeks before the game and then book the tickets. Apparently prices of train tickets tend to go up and down. It's hard because fixtures get rearranged all the time.[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem trying to get my cheap hotel deals

Yea I'm tempted by Everton away as well. Can get a train up from Fratton for about 15 quid but getting back after the game looks impossible at the moment given the late kick-off time (unless I get an overnight train which I don't want to do)!

I'm sure it's a good away - proper old school ground set in a backdrop of terrace housing etc.

It is a decent away if you can block out the bitterness from the Evertonians - They don't fit the misplaced perception that all scousers are cheeky, witty people.

Dunno If you drive but for me I forget the train. Just take the hit on the driving and make my way up there......have a couple before the game and then get out of the area asap afterwards!

It is a decent away if you can block out the bitterness from the Evertonians - They don't fit the misplaced perception that all scousers are cheeky, witty people.

Dunno If you drive but for me I forget the train. Just take the hit on the driving and make my way up there......have a couple before the game and then get out of the area asap afterwards!

You park in Liverpool?!!!!!!!

Thinking of doing Sunderland away. Anyone been there before?

Yes. Not a bad ground to visit.

The Club do a Park and Ride scheme which we find a great idea. Picks up on a nearby Retail Park (Timber Beach Road) and drops off outside the ground. Then regular buses back after kick-off.
Okay if you appreciate you will be sharing a bus 99% full of Mackems.

Yes. Not a bad ground to visit.

The Club do a Park and Ride scheme which we find a great idea. Picks up on a nearby Retail Park (Timber Beach Road) and drops off outside the ground. Then regular buses back after kick-off.
Okay if you appreciate you will be sharing a bus 99% full of Mackems.

Thanks for the info paxton! I've been to 1 away game so far this season and there's not many away games left.

'A pound to look after your car Mister?'

In other words, give us a couple of quid and might still have four wheels when you get back...

When I went to Anfield, the taxi driver told me on the way to the ground that the people who "look after" the car parks near to the ground bascially take your money and then fudge off as soon as the game starts.

When I went to Anfield, the taxi driver told me on the way to the ground that the people who "look after" the car parks near to the ground bascially take your money and then fudge off as soon as the game starts.

Doesnt surprise me. We park up at a Lesiure Centre right at the end of the East Lancs Road (A580). 10-15 min walk,but far better than chancing the streets nearer to the ground

There's a school down the road from Anfield that you can park in, has stewards. Couple of other car parks around there.

Sunderland is brick, nothing there, but easy to get in and out and parked up as Paxton said.

Thanks for the info paxton! I've been to 1 away game so far this season and there's not many away games left.

You're right. Plus the fact Bolton away looks likely to be midweek, which I can appreciate makes it harder for the London-based fans to get to.
QPR I would think will be high Loyalty Points being a derby and probably wont get to Members.
And that leaves Villa Park on Cup Final weekend...lets hope we have to rearrange that [-o<

There's a school down the road from Anfield that you can park in, has stewards. Couple of other car parks around there.

Sunderland is brick, nothing there, but easy to get in and out and parked up as Paxton said.

Dead right. A couple of seasons ago we stayed at the Premier Inn for a couple of nights, but as you sayt, the place is that sh#t, once we got back to the hotel after the game, we just packed our bags and went home a day early.

Got tickets for Everton! On my birthday too...gonna do a night out in Liverpool after the game I reckon.

Back