• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB's First Interview

Point being that judgements are made in both situations after not many games, and those defending said manager often state "it's too early FFS".

And about winning 4 out of 5: apart from Winning at OT, are the other wins exactly earth-shattering? Just putting it out there...

If Sherwood didn't win or get positive results in his first 8 games, playing a boring brand of football...i would be calling for him to be sacked too. My argument isn't that it's too early....it's that we're winning games with improved performances. There's not much to criticise.

If Sherwood didn't win or get positive results in his first 8 games, playing a boring brand of football...i would be calling for him to be sacked too. My argument isn't that it's too early....it's that we're winning games with improved performances. There's not much to criticise.

Except the number of ground we're giving the opposition to create clear-cut chances (Stoke excepted), the insistence of playing 4-4-2 (even against Arsenal when you KNOW that they will play 3 in CM, thereby hamstringing us from the start) and that feeling that if we continue with such we will get battered by a City, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal, Chelski etc.

The 4 wins out of 5 is good but apart from Manure, none have been groundbreaking. Yes, we've looked more exciting but only in a way of being about to more convincingly beat fodder but be easier to beat by the really top sides. City at home might change my view but right now we look ripe for another pummelling in that game with no DM imo

There's a Sherwood thread just over yonder if you would like to discuss his strengths and weaknesses as a manager

Ok getting back to AVB, I asked in another AVB thread, but I've always wondered about the question he was asked by that stirrer Neil Ashton in what turned out to be his final press conference: "are these players your players?"

I still think it strange that Ashton asked this in what seemed out of nowhere. It almost seemed either

a) asked because it was known that AVB felt this and thus would naively hang himself on his own rope if approached publically on it
b) asked because it was known that AVB felt this and that AVB himself wanted the word out there and whether it led to his sacking or not AVB wouldn't care
c) asked purely to ****-stir but not knowing what AVB actually thought about the subject, but sadly for AVB and the club he made it into a big public story with his weasel-worded response; thus making his stay untenable in the board's eyes.

I'm pretty sure this was the first time a journo asked AVB this in a press conference. So why was he asked it??

Any thoughts?

I fancy AVB (could easily put a period there) will do very well in the right environment, whatever happened to change the dynamic here is lamentable, I think he had us (and Chelsea) on the right track for lasting success, I will follow his career with interest and expect it won't be long till we refer to him as the one that got away.

Back