• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB

Indeed. Nicholson's Spurs topped the cumulative league table during his tenure (1958-1974), but he could have learnt from Sherwood and Mason. I suspect one of the reasons for the lower percentage wins is the 3 points per game. There was more value in preserving a point for the draw then, whereas now a draw is a loss-lite. The league was also more competitive.

There is something in that. They were dominant in the league for about three years but only got the one title. On the other hand, you look at the other managers of the title winning sides and you see Ramsey, Busby, and Shankley, who together won five titles from 1962-67. Other title winning managers during his reign included Cullis, Catterick, Mercer, Revie and Clough. It was a golden age for managers.

Not enough is said about Baldini. I always thought he was more wheeler dealer than dof

Sent from my SM-G998B using Fapatalk

Back