• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB - I want him out now!

You could've engaged in that with the other AVB thread. be honest. You wanted to make a Killroy-type stand, you wanted to make an extreme splash, and you're getting fish on all sides to bite (including me!!!!!!)…

Let's be honest here matey…this has nothing to do with reasoned debate, and everything to do with generating arguments...

Er...no, I think a post like you've just posted above has everything to do with creating arguments and getting people's backs up. I wanted to put my opinion out there and have a debate. Some have commented in this thread how reasonable and well argued my points have been. I'm not out to tread on people's toes, which is why I didn't post my views in the AVB - making Tottenham his own thread which is full of AVB fan boys. If I'd waded into that thread asking for him to be sacked it would have looked like trying to **** stir.

I'm not out to cause arguments unlike some. Don't like my opinion? Don't have to read the thread!

Er...no, I think a post like you've just posted above has everything to do with creating arguments and getting people's backs up. I wanted to put my opinion out there and have a debate. Some have commented in this thread how reasonable and well argued my points have been. I'm not out to tread on people's toes, which is why I didn't post my views in the AVB - making Tottenham his own thread which is full of AVB fan boys. If I'd waded into that thread asking for him to be sacked it would have looked like trying to **** stir.

I'm not out to cause arguments unlike some. Don't like my opinion? Don't have to read the thread!

To be fair, you have a point there. Cannot argue with that I suppose.

And I suppose on a logical basis, it's hard to argue the second bold-point too. I suppose personally, I just find it too hard to ignore, but that's on me more than you.

But I will ask you, one more time…do you really want the guy sacked now? Or was this more about your general exasperation/need to vent?

****ing THIS!!!

=D> thank YOU!!!

The idea that we know more than a scholar like AVB is verging no lunacy.

If AVB wants to commit men forward and play a high risk game he will, right now we arent at that stage yet...but our 'predicament' is more to do with continual growth and development by choice as opposed to **** players or the notion we find it hard to break down teams

this is why away we are a super efficienct and dangerous team and at home we look mediocre for large stretches until he sounds the alarm and turns up the heat

We aren't at that stage? Eh? So the GHod awful football is part of a staged plan and at some point AVB will sound his massive hunting horn and unleash the dogs of war, letting loose our hidden kick-a££ ninja football?

What's the evidence of this? I agree with you on one thing, I think we play like we do out of choice by AVB, not due to a lack of coaching. I think everything about our play is very intricately planned.

I don't think it's s "stage" though. I think this is it. This is how he wants it to be. Very rigid and controlled.

To be fair, you have a point there. Cannot argue with that I suppose.

And I suppose on a logical basis, it's hard to argue the second bold-point too. I suppose personally, I just find it too hard to ignore, but that's on me more than you.

But I will ask you, one more time…do you really want the guy sacked now? Or was this more about your general exasperation/need to vent?

Yes! I want him gone. He's not a spurs manager. Even if he improves the results and we are successful under him, finishing top 4 and winning a cup or two it will IMO be as a functional robotic unit that wins by the odd goal even against poor opposition, always looks on the verge of failure and is frustrating, nerve racking and draining to watch.

I don't want that for us. I'd rather aim for something better and fail trying than play like AVB wants and succeed. But I think even the results look like catching up with him now and I feel we still have a chance to salvage our season and an exciting squad!

This thread has only been open a week and already has more responses and pages than threads open over a year.

It has generated some much needed debate into the future direction of our club and focused some on the failings of a manager who a great deal of people, me included, want to succeed.

AVB is a nice bloke, charming, dapper, articulate, it's so great story too. I feel he's held up by some to be some kind of grand planner and master tactician when I don't think that's Bourne out in the pitch.

Why close this thread? Unfortunately I got the impression the mods were desperate for it to go away as soon as it was created. One comment : "please don't reply and let this thread die the death it deserves" I believe? So much for independent debate and thought. Unfortunately this thread has got people thinking and talking and some don't appear to like it much!

I agree that there has been some good discussion in this thread but most of it is a the same arguments that are going on in other threads already. If the admin team just wanted this thread to go away we would have done so a week ago rather than let it run and see where it ends up. If this thread has a line of discussion that cannot go into one of the other threads without taking it off topic then I'd be happy to keep it open but you'll need to help me by saying what that is because I'm struggling to see it at the moment.

I agree that there has been some good discussion in this thread but most of it is a the same arguments that are going on in other threads already. If the admin team just wanted this thread to go away we would have done so a week ago rather than let it run and see where it ends up. If this thread has a line of discussion that cannot go into one of the other threads without taking it off topic then I'd be happy to keep it open but you'll need to help me by saying what that is because I'm struggling to see it at the moment.

Well you do what you want to, then. I've said my piece and I'll continue to say it unless AVB changes drastically.

Well you do what you want to, then. I've said my piece and I'll continue to say it unless AVB changes drastically.

You are more than welcome to continue to have your say in other threads. The reason I am suggesting that this thread is closed is because the conversation is the same as in several other threads, not because of the title or who started it.

The thread has a simple proposition. Do we want AVB sacked NOW?

It has evoked a strong debate on both sides. If I was summarising, I would say the overwhelming majority DON'T want him sacked now, but are nevertheless extremely frustrated by the football we are playing at the moment - especially at home. Most though want to I've AVB more time to see if this is indeed just a step towards his master plan.

Would a snap poll help to crystallise the current state of thought on the OP proposition? Then perhaps we can lock the thread and move on.

The thread has a simple proposition. Do we want AVB sacked NOW?

It has evoked a strong debate on both sides. If I was summarising, I would say the overwhelming majority DON'T want him sacked now, but are nevertheless extremely frustrated by the football we are playing at the moment - especially at home. Most though want to I've AVB more time to see if this is indeed just a step towards his master plan.

Would a snap poll help to crystallise the current state of thought on the OP proposition? Then perhaps we can lock the thread and move on.

I agree with the bit in bold but I think that for some time now the discussion has been the same or very similar to ones going on in other threads. I'm closing this now but people are more than welcome to continue this discussion in the AVB thread, what is going wrong in attack, the you are the manage thread or any number of other existing threads on similar topics

why are you trying to make this an Us vs Them scenario?

we had enough of that bull**** the last couple of summers, it does nothing for the forum other than cause arguments and drive away posters, some of whom have been posting here for years.

we're gonna have to start backing up these kinds of statements with usernames so they can defend themselves, who in the AVB thread is a fanboy? put up some names so they can refute your labels or retract it cos as it stands it's a nice and easy way to throw some insults around without having to quantify who it is you mean.

Back