• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB - I want him out now!

NWND

Banned
He's managed to numb and suck my enjoyment out of watching Spurs.

Hoddle, Santini, Jol, Ramos, Redknapp... They all had their faults, but none of them produced such soul-destroying football teams, such painful displays, such joyless, souless football, with no goals, in either end of the pitch.

FFS even Graham's teams had more life about them with Ginola and Anderton on song! We won something too!

I can't believe that no other manager received the backing he did, yet produced the pile of turd he has.

£30m creative talents left on the bench. Danish play-maker wizards get the odd game. One of Spain's top marksmen disappears. One of Brazil's starters looks lost! No width, no defence splitting passes, no crosses, no dribbling, no pace...

Just mundane huff n puff, we squeeze past the poorest with soft penalties and last-minute winners. We play for clean sheets at home.

We've got the best squad I can ever remember but I hate watching Spurs the most I ever have.

Each game is torture, cringe worthy torture. The stadium's full of tension, WHL is quiet, frought, nail biting, watching us pass sideways, backwards, sideways, backwards, not going anywhere.

I hate it. I just want to see some freedom and joy in our play. I want to enjoy watching us, win, lose or draw. I want the atmosphere at the stadium to be like it was and feel everyone was united behind the club, players and manager.

We're tense, at each other's throats, divided, subdued, angry, the managers having a go at us, but he needs to look at himself.

The fans don't help, but the footballs so poor there is nothing to cheer about.

I want him out! Now!

The players haven't settled!

We have 7 new players to bed in

He's making us hard to beat first, then he'll sort out the attack!

He's still young, he's learning!

Typical Spurs fan, so arrogant to expect us to score goals at home, what right do we have to expect to score goals in games!

Patience, it'll come good ...errr somehow!?

I agree that we're not playing the best football at the moment, but give him some time ffs! He's got a bunch of new players trying to get to know eachother and gel as a team. There were alot of positives from the last game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, we played better than we have for a long time in the league, and there were some promising signs.

And even if we fire him, who do you want to replace him? It's not like there's plenty good ones lying around!

Wow. I didn't think football fans had anything left to amaze me with and then..... Just wow.

My faith in him is pretty low right now to be honest, but we can't sack him now. You may get your wish if we miss out on top 4, he's a goner IMO if we don't achieve that. But there's no question that the board will start to get edgy if results get worse over the next 6-8 games. Once you lose the crowd it's a long, long way back. Sacking him now isn't the answer. We've had too many managers in the last 20 years. One day I would like to see Pochettino become our manager, but that's only if AVB doesn't deliver long term.

Having said all that, I am not saying he can't become a great manager, but I would like to know what makes so many on here so confident that he WILL succeed given his time at Chelsea and our limp displays going forward if you take Bale out of the equation.

Just to repeat from another thread:

We are 1 point ahead of City
We are 1 point behind Chelsea
Anyone except retards and panic-mongering puss1es knows that one of those two teams will win the league.

Some people make me fear for the future of the human race.

Wow. I didn't think football fans had anything left to amaze me with and then..... Just wow.

Doesn't surprise me, lots of people wanted you know who out after we had the nerve to finish 5th, the team who usurped us made what we spent this summer look like peanuts.

article-1033518-01E3B09400000578-79_468x286.jpg

Bring back the glory days!

The players haven't settled!

We have 7 new players to bed in

He's making us hard to beat first, then he'll sort out the attack!

He's still young, he's learning!

Typical Spurs fan, so arrogant to expect us to score goals at home, what right do we have to expect to score goals in games!

Patience, it'll come good ...errr somehow!?

Arrogant to expect goals at home??? My GHod we've scored the lowest out of anyone bar who? The bottom 3 or 4 and 3 of them were penalties! Am I arrogant for suggesting that our goals scored column is shockingly terrible for a top 10 team let alone a top 4 team! Ffs am i the only one who realises this?

7 new players settling in? So have other teams, I don't see them struggling so much. Anyway, only Paulinho and Soldado have been regular starters our of the new guys - next excuse (oh and I'd give you this if our performances started shaky but we're improving as time went on but they're doing the opposite if anything)

He'd making us hard to beat is he? Oh really? Two losses at home to bottom half teams already? Let's see how hard to beat we are after Emirates Marketing Project, Man U and Liverpool - 3 losses thanks, nEXT!

Arrogant to expect goals at home??? My GHod we've scored the lowest out of anyone bar who? The bottom 3 or 4 and 3 of them were penalties! Am I arrogant for suggesting that our goals scored column is shockingly terrible for a top 10 team let alone a top 4 team! Ffs am i the only one who realises this?

7 new players settling in? So have other teams, I don't see them struggling so much. Anyway, only Paulinho and Soldado have been regular starters our of the new guys - next excuse (oh and I'd give you this if our performances started shaky but we're improving as time went on but they're doing the opposite if anything)

He'd making us hard to beat is he? Oh really? Two losses at home to bottom half teams already? Let's see how hard to beat we are after Emirates Marketing Project, Man U and Liverpool - 3 losses thanks, nEXT!

Did you see Eriksen's miss? Did you see Kaboul's miss and Soldado's header? Do you realise how many we could and should have scored? Why is that AVB's fault? Are the players not responsible as well?

Just to lighten the mood of this thread a bit, it is comical to see people say "AVB doesn't speak the best English, it was probably lost in translation" etc whenever he says something that makes him look a bit stupid :lol: Like when he said "we will prepare for West Ham on the day of the game". I hope he didn't mean that literally.

But that in itself didn't deserve to get him sacked. It's a results business at the end of the day. Not like he was bringing the club into disrepute.

Preparing for West Ham doesn't take more than 10 minutes.

Tell the players they'll pack themselves into their own area and when they win the ball they'll hoof it into the channels and fall over for a free kick.

They'll already have done plenty of work on combatting tactics like that.

I agree that we're not playing the best football at the moment, but give him some time ffs! He's got a bunch of new players trying to get to know eachother and gel as a team. There were alot of positives from the last game against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, we played better than we have for a long time in the league, and there were some promising signs.

And even if we fire him, who do you want to replace him? It's not like there's plenty good ones lying around!

One 45 minute performance out of desperation doesn't paper over the other turgid displays all season. Next match will be the same! Anyway what positives can you take from the last game? We lost at home to a painfully average Saudi Sportswashing Machine team that offered absolutely nothing for most of the game and yet we contrived to fail to put that shower of averagness away as we are even more painfully average ourselves.

I do not like the football we play under avb, but odly i really like him as a man. So much better then the fool redknapp always played in public and with the press.

I will give avb time to turn it around and change, just like i give a new player time to settle. We did play some boring stuff last season as well and bale got us out of it. I would actually give avb a new contract and see how things go over the next 3 or 4 years. We will not get relegated under him i do no think so lets see if he can progress like sometimes players do.

Does need to learn some lessons but he comes across as smart so maybe he will learn.

Like him as person and for me liking someone is a big thing, the style of play is more about not losing then winning but thats what you get when you appoint a fella like this. Whether levy is as nice as me when we do not make 4th will be the real test.

But that in itself didn't deserve to get him sacked. It's a results business at the end of the day. Not like he was bringing the club into disrepute.

That's for debate I suppose, but he also bottled going for 3rd and sat back to take his 4th place bonus.

Anyone could have told him "play for 3rd until Chelsea are out" but he was too dumb/greedy to see it (take your pick).

Anyway, this thread's about AVB and some very, very silly fans.

Preparing for West Ham doesn't take more than 10 minutes.

Tell the players they'll pack themselves into their own area and when they win the ball they'll hoof it into the channels and fall over for a free kick.

They'll already have done plenty of work on combatting tactics like that.

We lost 3-0 so clearly that was a mistake.

Back