• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Athletics thread

Jurgen the German

David Ginola
I don't follow Athletics that much apart from the Olympics which I do watch on a daily basis when it's on. But I'm glad Justin Gatlin did not win the 100m or 200m in Beijing at the World Championships. How can someone test positive not once but TWICE and still be allowed back into the sport?

I love the hypocrisy of it all.. the whole BBC lambasting Gatlin all day every day until he was beaten in the 100m then straight after the 200m today we have that Ohuruogu women in the 400m.. the panel in Manchester and the commentators gushing over and wanting to win. Laughable.

She was banned for missed tests in fairness, rather than failed tests (as I understand it). Although admittedly one may indicate t'other I suppose.

Plus Gatlin runs in the blue riband event of athletics, fair or not there's going to be more scrutiny of that. His first ban appears to be explainable by his ADHD medication (or whatever it was), the second he doesn't mention so much...

Sprinters normally peak in their mid to late 20s, given Gatlin's age (33) and previous bans, I don't believe what I'm seeing i.e. he must still be on something.

I love the hypocrisy of it all.. the whole BBC lambasting Gatlin all day every day until he was beaten in the 100m then straight after the 200m today we have that Ohuruogu women in the 400m.. the panel in Manchester and the commentators gushing over and wanting to win. Laughable.

The BBC have really gone for him, every time they mention him it's "two time drug cheat Justin Gatlin".

giphy.gif

Back