• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Assange

So is he being nicked for rape? Or for showing the world stuff about the yanks that they don't want people to know? If it's the former then phuck him, if it's the latter then he's done more good than bad imo (assuming he hasn't raped anyone if that has all been dropped). The bad stuff is what was revealed, not the fact he helped reveal it.

I don't really follow the Assange stuff too closely, I thought Wikileaks revealed stuff about Iraq and Hilary Clinton's emails (among other things). Did they also show the emails about Obama getting his cabinet picks on orders from Citigroup, or was that a different leak?
He's offically being extradited for helping Manning hack the military servers, not publishing the hacked data (at least so far). WIKIleaks is also 'Organisation1' in the Russian indictments so he could well be on the hook for somethng there too.

He's offically being extradited for helping Manning hack the military servers, not publishing the hacked data (at least so far). WIKIleaks is also 'Organisation1' in the Russian indictments so he could well be on the hook for somethng there too.

Ahh, I didn't realise he was a hacker, I thought he just published the sh1t that got leaked to his organisation. I think whislte-blowers are generally a good thing, so my inclination is to be wary of any state cracking down on them. But like I say, I don't really follow his story in any great depth (had no idea he was involved in the actual hacking itself).

Ahh, I didn't realise he was a hacker, I thought he just published the sh1t that got leaked to his organisation. I think whislte-blowers are generally a good thing, so my inclination is to be wary of any state cracking down on them. But like I say, I don't really follow his story in any great depth (had no idea he was involved in the actual hacking itself).
I think he supplied alternative credentials to Manning in order to hide her presence on the system, and then encouraged her back for 2nd and 3rd helpings. Whistleblowers like Manning and Snowden were ideologically driven really, and I guess that is why her sentence was commuted, but Assange is the gatekeeper of what gets released and is in a different category for me. He may have started out with noble ideals but IMO he's not in that place anymore. He's been playing politics for a while now.

Last edited:
I thought the main charge was that he published the names of loads of US spies embedded around the world? Snowden's stolen data.

The rape stuff shouldn't be allowed to expire. That's far worse a crime than basically whistleblowing against a foreign state (considering he's not American)

The only charges we were aware of until today were the Swedish rape charges, he was worried about Sweden sending him the US hence he ran to the UK and then to the embassy.

The rape charge was dropped...

But she said: "If he were to return to Sweden before the statute of limitation on this case expires in August 2020, the preliminary investigation could be resumed."

I think he supplied alternative credentials to Manning in order to hide her presence on the system, and then encouraged her back for 2nd and 3rd helpings. Whistleblowers like Manning and Snowden were ideologically driven really, and I guess that is why her sentance was commuted, but Assange is the gatekeeper to what gets released and is in a different category for me. He may have started out with noble ideals but IMO he's not in that place anymore. He's being playing politics for a while now.

He definitely seems like a very strange guy. Surely he'd have been better off facing the initial charges, he's been in a virtual prison in that embassy for years now anyway.

I think he supplied alternative credentials to Manning in order to hide her presence on the system, and then encouraged her back for 2nd and 3rd helpings. Whistleblowers like Manning and Snowden were ideologically driven really, and I guess that is why her sentence was commuted, but Assange is the gatekeeper of what gets released and is in a different category for me. He may have started out with noble ideals but IMO he's not in that place anymore. He's been playing politics for a while now.

How is that different to any other publisher? Remember the Guardian and New York Times published in unison with Wikileaks. I think the only difference was that they redacted some identities where they thought there was risks to those spies in foreign governments

How is that different to any other publisher? Remember the Guardian and New York Times published in unison with Wikileaks. I think the only difference was that they redacted some identities where they thought there was risks to those spies in foreign governments
Whistleblowing is a fuzzy area to be sure. It blurs the lines between freedom of the press and knowingly soliciting, receiving and distributing confidental stolen materials. I guess that's why they went with the hacking angle on the extradition as it is a fairly clearcut case. My hunch is that once he's over there the numerous ongoing investigations that fell out of the Mueller probe will take centre stage. He has to be part of the Roger Stone case, for instance.

Whistleblowing is a fuzzy area to be sure. It blurs the lines between freedom of the press and knowingly soliciting, receiving and distributing confidental stolen materials. I guess that's why they went with the hacking angle on the extradition as it is a fairly clearcut case. My hunch is that once he's over there the numerous ongoing investigations that fell out of the Mueller probe will take centre stage. He has to be part of the Roger Stone case, for instance.
He's an odd one, that Assange. Definitely a nut bag, but on the one hand the US intel folks hate him for his part in the Chelsea mAnning leak, yet Wikileaks was vital (allegedly) in the hacking of the DNC. But given that the political times we live in are upside down, back to front and helter skelter he could get a maximum sentence there or a Medal of Honour.

Trump will just pardon him like he does with all his people.
FIFY

Manning was released though right? I reckon this will all blow over.
Only in the sense of being moved from solitary to general prison population. Presumably a move aimed at encouraging Manning to talk....and then guess what happens...

I'm a bit torn on him. As a kind of punk anarchist, what he's done sticking it to The Man is obviously great. But he does need to face justice for the rape accusations. It just needs to be fair Swedish justice for those specific crimes, not American-retribution 'justice'

It’s a funny kind of rape. Not funny haha. He cut the ends off comdoms. The sex was consensual the lack of effective contraception and protection was not.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I don't see Trump intervening on Assange's behalf --no chance, can't imagine it would appeal to his core support.

I don't see Trump intervening on Assange's behalf --no chance, can't imagine it would appeal to his core support.
Well obviously, despite talking about Wikileaks many times during the campaign Ole Trump says he's never heard of them./

Only in the sense of being moved from solitary to general prison population. Presumably a move aimed at encouraging Manning to talk....and then guess what happens...
I think @Grays_1890 might be referring to the Obama pardon (which wasn't a pardon) which happened after about 7 years or so of her sentence.

I think @Grays_1890 might be referring to the Obama pardon (which wasn't a pardon) which happened after about 7 years or so of her sentence.
Ah --apologies @Grays_1890.

It will be interesting to see what Trump does re Assange. My guess would be that he weighs up

making an example of Assange and its chilling effect on press/freedom of potentially-damaging-to-Trump speech vs attracting ire of people who support Assange/principle of holding powerful to account,

and deciding that Assange has few friends, opts for the former.

Is it different to a UK newspaper publishing that say Nancy pelosi was working for the kgb, if it was true?

The espionage is the crime, not the uncovering of it

Put it this way, if you were undercover (maybe you are, always wondered about your true identity), undercover in say Syria how would you feel being revealed and compromised as a spy?

Put it this way, if you were undercover (maybe you are, always wondered about your true identity), undercover in say Syria how would you feel being revealed and compromised as a spy?
I wouldn't work for someone who was incompetent enough to keep my real details on computers. My work doesn't even do that for people who do animal testing

Back