• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ashley Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
So average he has played regularly for a top 4 side for years. Sounds hideous.

Young is good option, no world beater but does a good job.

Dives ALOT though - does not enamour him to me.

I think the club and perhaps the manager have thought to themselves that the last time they went out and brought a load of foreign players who looked good elsewhere, a high percentage of them flopped.

Therefore this time they are looking for players that have Premier League experience.

I think the club and perhaps the manager have thought to themselves that the last time they went out and brought a load of foreign players who looked good elsewhere, a high percentage of them flopped.

Therefore this time they are looking for players that have Premier League experience.
I sincerely doubt our foreign manager and foreign DoF are afflicted with little Englander syndrome.

he's alright, we do need someone who can dive though, our simulation efforts last season were a disgrace

I sincerely doubt our foreign manager and foreign DoF are afflicted with little Englander syndrome.

Where does little englander come into it? To have premier league experience you dont have to be english.............................

It was widely reported before the window opened we wanted players who have played in this country this time instead of taking a punt on foreigners.

Where does little englander come into it? To have premier league experience you dont have to be english.............................

It was widely reported before the window opened we wanted players who have played in this country this time instead of taking a punt on foreigners.
Only by fans and journos that think there's something special about the PL. I've not seen anything from Poch, Baldini or Levy along those lines.

Only by fans and journos that think there's something special about the PL. I've not seen anything from Poch, Baldini or Levy along those lines.

I suppose for every Eriksen there is a Chiriches and for every Modric there is a Lamela or Soldado. In the end it comes down to the scouts opinions and value for money.

I do not care where the players come from if they are good enough, the mistake we made last time is that we bought to many players in at the same time from abroad and that was always going to be a problem.

I suppose for every Eriksen there is a Chiriches and for every Modric there is a Lamela or Soldado. In the end it comes down to the scouts opinions and value for money.
Absolutely.

It's the way our brains are wired that spot the flops. The successes don't stand out as much and the average (the bread and butter of most teams) are anonymous. I suspect there are as many hits as misses, but some of our best hits of the last few years have come from overseas.

Ignoring academy players we've had Bale, Modric, Berbatov, Carrick, Lloris, Eriksen - only two were from this country as we're not rich enough to take too many risks on the premiums associated with buying proven PL players.

I do not care where the players come from if they are good enough, the mistake we made last time is that we bought to many players in at the same time from abroad and that was always going to be a problem.
I think the fans are somewhat to blame for that though. If we sold Bale without the vast majority of his value being spent immediately there'd have been uproar.

The sensible option was to sell Bale, buy one or two players and see what Poch wanted after a season.

He was very good for United this season. But of course, nowhere near good enough for a club like ours....

I really have no problem with him being ( nowhere near good enough for a club like ours) but I do not want a cheat playing for us and he is one of the biggest. ( and I also think he is not that special as well:))

I think the fans are somewhat to blame for that though. If we sold Bale without the vast majority of his value being spent immediately there'd have been uproar.

The sensible option was to sell Bale, buy one or two players and see what Poch wanted after a season.

Good point, and it makes me laugh that at the time we bought these players most fans ( if not all) thought it was great. Now we have the famous " hindsight" and the " we wasted money on crap players".

I really have no problem with him being ( nowhere near good enough for a club like ours) but I do not want a cheat playing for us and he is one of the biggest. ( and I also think he is not that special as well:))

Would he be an upgrade on Lamela based on the performances we have seen from Lamela so far?

Would he be an upgrade on Lamela based on the performances we have seen from Lamela so far?

He has some very good games ( Young) but as well as being a cheat he is not very consistent. On top of that he is 30 so I would rather we stuck with Lamela for one more season and hope he shows what all the hype is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back