• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Are you confident that we can finish above L'Arse?

Are you confident Spurs will finish above Arsenal?

• Yes

Votes: 34 34.7%
  • No

Votes: 52 53.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 12 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gotta look at equalling/bettering Chelski now. Momentum is with the Arse. Winning our 5 home games, a win and a draw on the road and (most importantly) avoiding defeat at Chelski will make 4th ours.

even 15 points from here will probably get us 4th and that's about as few as we can possibly get with the remaining fixtures.

chelsea need a miracle even if they beat us. those 4 away games they've got left are horrific

I'm still confident. At the end of the day we knew this run would be a test for us and the likliehood was that the 10 point gap would be reduced. I am disappointed it has been reduced to such an extent especially when we have had oppurtunitys in games to stop that. However we are still ahead of them and i am very confident in the fact that Arsenal for all their good form are just as capable of a run similar to our between now and the end of the season.

We do have to pull our finger out as of now though. I am hoping we get back to playing to our strengths as much as possible. I know injuries have had an impact but with players coming back we need to set up a system as close as possible that has worked for us for the vast majority of the season.

Either way we need to keep the faith and if we do finish in 4th below them lot as disappointing as that will be lets not forget that at the start of the season our aim was to qualify for the champions league and we would have acheived that.

If we finish 5th from the position we have been in however.......](*,)

The home games hold the key. Basically we have to match Arsenal points-wise over the the last 10 games.

I've said it before but we need 5 wins at home and hope Arsenal draw at home to City and Chelsea. And we really need minimum 6 points from the 5 aways.
In that scenario Arsenal would need 11 from their 5 aways, which, on current form, I could see them doing. It would also mean, as posted last night, they would have finished on a 15 match unbeaten run in the League, and quite frankly if that happened, they would have probably deserved it.

The next 2 League games will give us a much clearer picture I feel. both have a winnable home game, both have a tough away fixture although ours is tougher.

The liklehood is, that come Monday 26th March, will wont still be 3rd, I'm hoping we are, at worst, only 4th on GD, both on 57pts.
Then we have a race on. If they have a 2pts advantage after the Chelsea game we may need some favours

Swansea at home is a worry, we will never get the ball off them

Mark my words:

WE WILL FINISH ABOVE ARSENAL THIS SEASON

:rolleyes:

<<FREE PALESTINE>>

i think we need 6 wins for 3rd and 4 wins for 4th. we should comfortably achieve 4 but 6 will be touch and go

you gotta be confident about getting 2 wins out of 3 from bolton, villa and qpr. all 3 are pretty hopeless. villa will certainly be on their holidays by the time we play them.

Still fairly Confident tbh. I think we need to win all our home games and I am pretty certain we will. What will prove important is managing to win 2 of our away fixtures left out of the 5. If we can manage that then I think we will finish 3rd although if we don't manage that then getting 4th might be a struggle. I think our best chances of winning 2 away fixtures will be QPR and Aston Villa.

I think we will get beat at Chelsea and Sunderland and historically we get nothing at Bolton either so I will write that off too. The plus point in our favour is that Arsenal have to go away to Everton/Stoke/West Brom and have home games against Chelsea/Emirates Marketing Project which will prove difficult for them. Chelsea go away to Arsenal/Liverpool/Fulham plus have us to play so it really is down to us.

Do the business at home, grab 3-6 points on the road and we are home and hosed.

I'm not sure, Arsenal look scary good right now. When they are on form they breeze through teams...can only hope they knacker themselves out.

They'll win at Everton. For Everton to win would mean them having an amazing run of consecutive home wins against big teams, and I just don't think it will happen. Form is a funny thing, and only when Arsenal could go no lower did their form pick up. Similarly, Everton will be just ripe for a downturn right about now, because I can't see that level of performance being maintained by them. We've been quite unlucky in that sense, that each team's respective form has favoured Arsenal and gone against us at a crucial moment in the season.

It may just be me being pessimistic because of our form, but I can't see us beating Chelsea. We'll probably scrape through against Bolton, because it will never be as easy as it should be based on the quality of players each team has. Chelsea will beat us 2-0 probably, because they will find their form at home under Di Matteo and out toothlessness away from home will come back to bite us again.

It's strange how we don't seem to be able to pass the ball incisively in the opposition third away from home, when we can do it so well at home. We just don't seem composed enough like we did earlier in the season and would rather snatch at shots rather than wait for the right opportunity. We will definitely drop a few more points, so we'll be hoping Arsenal and Chelsea do too for sure.

Looking at their recent games, they got really lucky at Anfield, got lucky today with a last minute strike and even against us they conceded 2 easy goals. Luck wont last forever-their recovery will not last long. Our run in is not that hard so I expect us to finish above them and to be honest by a bigger margin than 1 point.

This is precisely my thought. When you still hold on to a league position on the back of truly rotten run then you can't be that bad. The table doesn't lie. We're the third best side after all. And their shaky defence will haunt them sooner or later anyway. We just have to keep calm and play the football we can play.

The home games hold the key. Basically we have to match Arsenal points-wise over the the last 10 games.

I've said it before but we need 5 wins at home and hope Arsenal draw at home to City and Chelsea. And we really need minimum 6 points from the 5 aways.
In that scenario Arsenal would need 11 from their 5 aways, which, on current form, I could see them doing. It would also mean, as posted last night, they would have finished on a 15 match unbeaten run in the League, and quite frankly if that happened, they would have probably deserved it.

The next 2 League games will give us a much clearer picture I feel. both have a winnable home game, both have a tough away fixture although ours is tougher.

The liklehood is, that come Monday 26th March, will wont still be 3rd, I'm hoping we are, at worst, only 4th on GD, both on 57pts.
Then we have a race on. If they have a 2pts advantage after the Chelsea game we may need some favours

Nice summary and assessment.

If someone offered me 4th right now I'd tinkle on their hand

4th = failure

Agree with the sentiment. The players should not be allowed to think that we are all delighted with 4th. They upped the stakes, and they spoke about titles.

The crowd vs Stoke needs to be extremely loud and supportive, but there has to be some amount of pressure from the stands. Dont track back, backing off, sloppy passing and they should know about it.

Agree with the sentiment. The players should not be allowed to think that we are all delighted with 4th. They upped the stakes, and they spoke about titles.

See this is where i was slightly worried that complacency had started to set in. I could be wrong but im sure that our recent struggles started to occur when Harry started to talk up the "possibility" of the title and you had a number of our players coming out with various quotes talking about challenging for the league, being above Arsenal etc etc. It was like they believed they had made it and the job had been done. Still alot of fans were caught up in the furore believing the gap was nearly insurmountable as well (myself included). bricker to be proved wrong.

See this is where i was slightly worried that complacency had started to set in. I could be wrong but im sure that our recent struggles started to occur when Harry started to talk up the "possibility" of the title and you had a number of our players coming out with various quotes talking about challenging for the league, being above Arsenal etc etc. It was like they believed they had made it and the job had been done. Still alot of fans were caught up in the furore believing the gap was nearly insurmountable as well (myself included). bricker to be proved wrong.

We've proven we can finish third, so anything lower is a failure. Everything will go wrong if we finish 4th.

If we beat Bolton, then Stoke at home, we will be in the FA Cup semi final and still be 3rd in the league, a couple of wins under our belt and the confidence will be back. The last 3 league games don't look pretty but they were difficult fixtures and it was only really the Arsenal match where we were completely outclassed. I honestly fancy our chances at Stamford Bridge more than I did at Goodison. Arsenal are playing well, but they have been fortunate in their last two games and never look like keeping a clean sheet.

Form is temporary, class is permanent and Van Persie aside, I still wouldn't have any Arsenal player in our team.

Back