• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Are we another Leeds Utd, Saudi Sportswashing Machine Utd?

To start with levy reportedly best paid chairman in the country paying himself a cool 2 mill a year. Well earned I suppose after selling best players

And a Director (Gazikis?) at Arsenal takes £2.19 million - as a Director. What does he do for that? Who knows.

Isn't Chelsea's Chairman more or less just a figure head (Bruce Buck?) under a different management structure? And lots of clubs haven't/don't report what their officials are paid so we don't know if Levy is the best paid or just the best paid of those reported. Apples and pears isn't it? So your swipe at Levy has very little context. Is he doing a good job (whether he is being paid £500,000, £1 m or £2 m - to me it doesn't make any odds - he is being paid shedloads whatever)? Have a justifiable pop at him based on his performance not on what he earns - the two aren't directly related beyond a certain amount.

Given the state of football (6 or 7 mega clubs (with oligarchs, sheiks or huge debt), and the rest in different financial strata beneath them) and our position in tier 3 or 4 of that hierarchy - in all reality and honesty - which of our best player sales was a rooster up or not value for money? We aren't big enough to keep these players indefinitely no matter what some of the fans think. We can't play hard ball and run their contracts down out of principle. I can understand a pop at some of our buying over the last 3 seasons (if not longer) but sales? really?

The over-reaction to a 1-0 loss at Old Trafford (before which a number of posters were saying we were in line for a humiliation given our lack of signings and poor pre-season and then a change of tune after to it was because Utd are so brick so we must be blerrie abysmal to lose a game for the taking and even Swansea won there 12 months ago when the moon was in Libra and there was an ebb tide in the ship canal) and a 2-2 draw against Stoke (where we had a brick 20 minutes after looking almost totally untroubled for the majority of the first section of the game) is just laughable. 2 games of football (TWO games) and the vitriol and bitterness and angst that are being unleashed are amazing. GHod help GG if there were serious relegation fears!!

Pretty much imo. All 3 clubs have owners who just see the club as a cash cow and don't have any real interest in pushing the club forward and winning things. Sad but true.

Nope.

What's sad is that you think it's true.

Levy might well see Spurs as a cash cow but he absolutely needs the club to push forward and win things if he is to realise the full value from it that he wants.

To start with levy reportedly best paid chairman in the country paying himself a cool 2 mill a year. Well earned I suppose after selling best players

Levy's salary is for two jobs - chairman and chief executive. In relative terms, it isn't all that much.

And yes, maximising the value of players who are determined to leave the club is part of his remit.

ENIC which is owned by levy and lewis on the most part. Please don't tell me you're naive enough to think lewis doesn't take a wage out of the club too?

Is it supposed to be a charity?

I recommend you look at the club when ENIC took it over, and where it is today ... if $2M for each them is what they ask for, more than fudging earned

ENIC which is owned by levy and lewis on the most part. Please don't tell me you're naive enough to think lewis doesn't take a wage out of the club too?

Well he hasnt in any of the published accounts.
Why would a tax exile take a salary from one of his businesses in Britain and get taxed on it?

Well he hasnt in any of the published accounts.
Why would a tax exile take a salary from one of his businesses in Britain and get taxed on it?

Even more puzzling is why WestBerkshire thinks that Lewis could take a salary from the club. How? He doesn't work for or at the club in any capacity.

Short of selling some or all of his shares, the only money he could take out is as a shareholder, in the form of a dividend payment. And in all ENIC's years at the club, it has only once or twice paid out a dividend - the last time more than five years ago, if memory serves.

Last edited:
Even more puzzling is why WestBerkshire thinks that Lewis could take a salary from the club. How? He doesn't work for or at the club in any capacity.

Short of selling some or all of his shares, the only money he could take out is as a shareholder, in the form of a dividend payment. And in all ENIC's years at the club, it has only once or twice paid out a dividend - the last time more than five years ago, if memory serves.

Absolutely. If anything he has pumped more money into the club in the form of interest free preference shares! For those that don't know, this is a form of putting money into a company, but this way of doing it does not attract any dividends and can only be paid back at the original amount. What is more, there is no requirement for it to be paid back. He would make more money in sticking it in his current account! Hardly the asset stripper that he is being portrayed to be!

ENIC are all about building the sale value of THFC, and for now, that equals the stadium. All other considerations will be secondary to that, IMO, until it's done. Money into that is better than money in the bank for them, and it's all money they are eventually going to walk away with. The will-we, won't-we of the 4th-place game is what keeps people coming back year after year; too much success, on the other hand, would be likely to lead to significant wage inflation, which is the real no-no.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't necessarily take it for granted that the picture will change when ENIC eventually do cut and run. It wouldn't surprise me if we found ourselves in for a new era of austerity in the wake of their departure, on the grounds that Elmer J. Comstock, or whoever ends up buying the gaff, has just shelled out 1.1 billion of your English pounds for the club, and he needs it to start paying him some of it back.

Levy's salary is for two jobs - chairman and chief executive. In relative terms, it isn't all that much.

And yes, maximising the value of players who are determined to leave the club is part of his remit.

Why let facts get in the way of a good rant?

Back