• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Apps

ricky2tricky4city

Tom Huddlestone
After having a clear out of Apps that were brilliant (for a day:)), i thought an app thread was a good idea for sharing the gems that really make your life better or maybe just easier.

(iOS and android both welcome.....no fighting[-X)

Recently started using Google Keep (thoughts,lists, to-do's, notes) that kind of thing

Pocket (was read it later) - when you have all those tabs open with things you want to read (pics and vids too) and then they get lost in bookmarks, use pocket instead. read them later across all your devices and even offline too. (good for tube/train).

Airdroid - view all your phones contents via your web browser.....i think Kies does similar but won't hook up to my pc and on the laptop is painfully slow

National rail and Tubemap - on my travels

Tune-in Radio - bit power hungry but works well.

Flashlight - handy

That should kick us off......................

Last edited:
Football 24- 100 times better than Sky Sports app! When a goal goes in, the app updates about 2 seconds later! It's so quick that if a goal is disallowed, the app removes the goal from the score.

IMDB

Sky Cloud wifi

Met Office weather

Cat Piano- for laughs

Google maps

What's App

ATM hunter

Doodle Jump

My Phone Explorer for Android, I've never got Kies to even vaguely work the way it should, MPE connects your Android to your PC by USB, wireless or Bluetooth simply.

Red laser - scan barcode of product to find cheaper place to buy.

Shazam - like a song on the radio? Wanna know the name of it? Let shaZam listen to it.

Red laser - scan barcode of product to find cheaper place to buy.

Shazam - like a song on the radio? Wanna know the name of it? Let shaZam listen to it.

In a pub, watching a covers band and a song comes on you know but can't place/remember who did the original? Shazam sorts that too, it doesn't have to be original artist performing, bloody good tool.

AVPlayer
Sky Go
TVCatchup
Flickr
Dropbox
MyFitnessPal
LiveScore
Sleep Cycle
AccuWeather

Does that work for you?

Agree with Dropbox and SkyGo.
Also Sky+ is immense now, can stream stuff off my Sky+ box and use as a remote.
Googlemaps.
CoPilot
O2 Moments
Flixster
djay
Night Sky
Amazon (for comparing prices and getting reviews when out shopping)
Hyper Warp (basic Elite clone)

Some of my most used apps:

ESPN Goals
Shazam
Flixster
IMDb
Google Maps
Poker Odds Calculator
National Rail
Sky Map
Easy Battery Saver

Zeebox
Flipboard
Sonos - If you have a Sonos system
Tunein Radio
Flick Shoot
Kindle
WSOP

Really enjoy using Zombies run.. stick your headphones on before a run and it will occasionally give you some storyline as if you're running around looking for supplies - and warn you if there are zombies chasing you- you have to speed up. Brilliant for motivation.

Oh yeah, I've also just started using 'Paul the App' on android. It will cache youtube videos for later offline viewing. It guesses which videos you'd like but if you add videos to your favourites, follow a channel or click 'watch later' on a video it's likely to show up in Paul. It will also download random videos from youtubes featured videos.

In a pub, watching a covers band and a song comes on you know but can't place/remember who did the original? Shazam sorts that too, it doesn't have to be original artist performing, bloody good tool.

Best app EVER in reality.

I dont listen to the radio much so when I hear a song that I havent heard before just shazam the fudge out of it.

I have an iPhone and an iPad and this is my list...

Apps

LogMeIn - to get connected to my home server or PC from anywhere.
Google Chrome - better browser, especially the incognito settings for when I'm looking up gifts for the wife ;)
Shazam - enough said already.
picshoplite - a decent free photo editor.
freemyapps - not really an app but a web app, allows you to gain credits for using freeapps. I've made $80 doing this. link for anyone interested.

Jailbreak tweaks

NCSettings - adds on/off switches for everything to notification center
FLux - changes the tone of the iPad screen of an evening so it's not so harsh on the eyes and doesn't disturb the wifes sleep.
Nowlistening - discreet notification banner when a new song plays telling you what it is and who it's by.

Games

NFS Most Wanted - great game, I have now finished it but still pick it up now and again.
Beyond Ynth - interesting puzzle game
Clash of Clans - empire building game, a bit drawn out but fun to attack people.
FIFA 13 - much better skill moves in this one but still a bit limited.

Omnifocus changed my life.

Looks like a good app but it's a tinkle take that you have to buy it on each device, £28 for the iPad version and another £14 for the iPhone version. I'd rather they charged £35 and it works on both. It winds me up when developers try to get paid twice for one app like Angry birds and Angry Birds HD, it's not so bad when it's a 99p app but at this price it's a joke.

Back