• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone with experinces of bad lower back pain?

Finally managed to bend down and lift the toilet seat, starting to get some movement back down there. Will certainly do the exercises to strengthen the lower back, it is odd because i consider myself strong but i guess a lifetime catches up with you because i have never sat right or any of that stuff. Will certainly take more care with things now.

Thanks for the advice guys, im not sure on the whole getting needles stuck in my back, i do not like needles.

I'm 29 so this surely shouldn't happen?! Yesterday, I sneezed and collapsed in agony right afterwards. The most severe pain in my lower back. Strong painkillers didn't really help and the Missus rubbed some deep heat into it but my GHod last nights kip was the most uncomfortable I've ever had. Went to bed at around 4pm and got up this morning at 6!!

Today it's still there but I'm mobile at least.

29's half way dead, Roy ;)

I managed to jar my back with similar results to you brushing my teeth (seriously), took a few days to work itself out.

I'm 29 so this surely shouldn't happen?! Yesterday, I sneezed and collapsed in agony right afterwards. The most severe pain in my lower back. Strong painkillers didn't really help and the Missus rubbed some deep heat into it but my GHod last nights kip was the most uncomfortable I've ever had. Went to bed at around 4pm and got up this morning at 6!!

Today it's still there but I'm mobile at least.

Mine also went last night again. Lower back and was in absolute agony all night. Thankfully I had to get up at 4am to watch the game anyhow.

I know it's down to my tight hamstrings as I've neglected doing the stretches advised by my physio for a while.

Gutted as I miss my 5-a-side game tonight.

Finally managed to bend down and lift the toilet seat, starting to get some movement back down there. Will certainly do the exercises to strengthen the lower back, it is odd because i consider myself strong but i guess a lifetime catches up with you because i have never sat right or any of that stuff. Will certainly take more care with things now.

Thanks for the advice guys, im not sure on the whole getting needles stuck in my back, i do not like needles.

They don't stick them in your back.

They don't stick them in your back.

Sure they do. My back trouble stemmed from the hamstrings, which in turn caused my pelvis to be out of alignment. I had dry-needling acupuncture either side of the spine in my lower back and at the top of my hammys.

But Chich' it's no biggy trust me. I absolutely hate needles and it was fine. A bit uncomfortable but totally bearable.

I injured my lower back over a decade ago and its given me gyp periodically ever since. My GP referred me to an NHS physio who prescribed some core and shoulder strengthening exercises plus neck and hamstring stretches which have helped reduce the frequency of the flare-ups but when my back properly seizes up I've found that osteopathic manipulation of the spine works best for me (having also visited chiropractors and acupuncturists in the past but I found those treatments to be of less benefit).

The "plank" exercise shown at the start of this video was recommended to me by both the physio and osteopath in order to strengthen my core abdominal muscles. The physio also told me to do the exercise shown at 4:10 but he said to lift the knee and hand just off the ground rather than straighten the limbs as shown.

[video=youtube;Ozc6oYsg4WQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ozc6oYsg4WQ[/video]

I had a weaker lower back, then I did that exercise where you hold a weight ball and someone stands behind so your back to back and you pass them the ball. Sorted me right out, hurt the first few times but it really helped me strengthen. Even if you use something like a bag of sugar. My women can do it longer than I can too. She loves it as it really helps her waist to tighten since the baby.

Anybody here got one of those doorway / doorframe pull-up bars that they’d recommend?

As jarred my back last week and now got sciatica, so osteopath advised me to purchase one to stretch my spine over Christmas whilst his clinic is closed but the choice of designs on Amazon is bewildering :confused:

Anybody here got one of those doorway / doorframe pull-up bars that they’d recommend?

As jarred my back last week and now got sciatica, so osteopath advised me to purchase one to stretch my spine over Christmas whilst his clinic is closed but the choice of designs on Amazon is bewildering :confused:
I bought one but it turns out the bits of wall above my.doors are not as strong as they appear.

Now I just use it as a base to make push ups a little harder.

I bought one but it turns out the bits of wall above my.doors are not as strong as they appear.

Christ mate, if you’re going to go to the effort of tunnelling out an evil villain secret base in the foot of an inactive volcano island, you’d have thought you’d not put cheap plasterboard walls ins ffs!

Christ mate, if you’re going to go to the effort of tunnelling out an evil villain secret base in the foot of an inactive volcano island, you’d have thought you’d not put cheap plasterboard walls ins ffs!
That's what bothered me about it, the walls are solid - I must need the exercise more than I thought.

I assume you’re referring to one of these which hang on door frame?

upload_2020-12-19_22-59-50.jpeg

As I was thinking that one of these which screw into the sides of frame might be safer and I see on YouTube that some allow the bar to be lifted out leaving just the fixing points as minor eyesore, although struggling to find such design on Amazon UK.

upload_2020-12-19_23-1-50.jpeg

I assume you’re referring to one of these which hang on door frame?

View attachment 10325

As I was thinking that one of these which screw into the sides of frame might be safer and I see on YouTube that some allow the bar to be lifted out leaving just the fixing points as minor eyesore, although struggling to find such design on Amazon UK.

View attachment 10326
That's precisely what I have.

Very clear stipulation from the wife that no marks were to be left (so I rip half the brick apart instead).

Back