• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone with experinces of bad lower back pain?

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
no rude replies fellas im in some pain

I have been to my chiropractor but i need exercises that actually strengthen the back, he is great for doing adjustments but after a rather mental 2 days in the garden the is just a constant shooting pain in the bottom of the back that is really quite bad. Thing is i am very strong from my labouring and dry lining days but most of my muscle is in the shoulders and arms and chest.

Bottom of my back seems to be my weak link.

Does anyone here do yoga? always thought it was for tacos but prepared to give anything a go right now.

no rude replies fellas im in some pain

I have been to my chiropractor but i need exercises that actually strengthen the back, he is great for doing adjustments but after a rather mental 2 days in the garden the is just a constant shooting pain in the bottom of the back that is really quite bad. Thing is i am very strong from my labouring and dry lining days but most of my muscle is in the shoulders and arms and chest.

Bottom of my back seems to be my weak link.

Does anyone here do yoga? always thought it was for tacos but prepared to give anything a go right now.

I had shocking lower back pain for a number of years and went down the route of Chiropractors etc, turned out that i had herniated a disc from years of riding hard tail Motorcycles.
After numerous scans etc, the NHS in THE UK wanted to take out a disc. No way was I letting someone place a sharp scalpel near my spine so I looked for alternatives.

I got massive relief(Ooh err missus) from acupuncture and reflexology. I am now some 15 years later totally pain free BUT there are certain things I have to accept that I cannot do. I.E. heavy lifting etc. Part of that is age related too. I've had to accept that I must be gentler on my body at 50 than I was at 20.

I'd suggest looking for a well respected acupuncturist( I thought it was a load of gonad*s too before my injury). Yoga is great AFTER you are pain free , if you attempt it whilst injured you may cause yourself a worsening of the situation.

For what it;s worth Chiropractors made me worse and I would never ever go to one again.

Hope this helps and that you are pain free soon!!

Last edited:
yep i can vouch for acupuncture too. Helped me like nothing else to sort out my lower back pain. Once the pain has gone away then its good to do some yoga or even pilates to strengthen the core muscles.

agree also about the heavy lifting, or any lifting in general. You"ll have to be more careful, remember to bend your knees when picking anything up from the below

get well soon chuck

Get your core muscles sorted. Buy some weights and concentrate on working your abdomen muscles. Don't do crunches or similar because this could strain your back further.

Start with small weights and work yourself up. After a few months you will realise that you haven't felt the pain for ages.'

Accupuncture did wonders for me.
Although it wasnt for back pain, it was for when I did my ankle ligaments badly. It worked well though and really helped me get back on my feet and playing football again.

Get your core muscles sorted. Buy some weights and concentrate on working your abdomen muscles. Don't do crunches or similar because this could strain your back further.

Start with small weights and work yourself up. After a few months you will realise that you haven't felt the pain for ages.'

This. Core muscles are an absolute must for lower back pain. You should also stretch your big muscles leading down from the back; buttocks and your hamstrings, A LOT. That relieves quite a bit of pressure on your lower back muscles. Applying heat also worked wonders for me. I bought an electric heat blanket-thingy, but you can also buy one of those heat packs you simply fill up with warm water.

Make sure your feet are correctly supported. Most people have feet problems that can leed to instability in the knees, hips and lower back. My wife is a chiropractor but as time goes on she spends more and more time on the feet prescribing orthotics in lots of cases.

I used to always get lower back pain. Turned out I was constipated.

That is something I failed to mention, but you are 100% CORRECT, constipation can cause severe back pain and sciatica. If the lower colon is impacted it can bulge against nerves in the back and cause some right grief.

This. Core muscles are an absolute must for lower back pain. You should also stretch your big muscles leading down from the back; buttocks and your hamstrings, A LOT. That relieves quite a bit of pressure on your lower back muscles. Applying heat also worked wonders for me. I bought an electric heat blanket-thingy, but you can also buy one of those heat packs you simply fill up with warm water.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I have been given some light basic exercises to stretch the muscles in the back. Problem is the is so much conflicting advice out there. My guy told me to do stomach crunches although to wait till i felt a little stronger. I wonder if anyone could point me to some good youtube videos for exercises to loosen the back muscles first?

Im a keen cyclist and i have been doing some serious miles these last couple of months as i want to get into top condition for the summer, never suffered from a bad back before, yes been stiff a few times but not like this.

Sorry to be a bore but what sort of exercises do you recommend for making your core muscles stronger? im a bit of a numpty because cycling is more sport, more so then football these days and all i do is what the cyclist tell you to do just miles and miles on the road to build up stamina. Now think i need to keep an eye on this other side of my fitness.

Im fine walking and not to bad bending though im not picking up anything heavy at the moment, the problem comes from when i sit down. I ate my breakfast this morning stood up.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I have been given some light basic exercises to stretch the muscles in the back. Problem is the is so much conflicting advice out there. My guy told me to do stomach crunches although to wait till i felt a little stronger. I wonder if anyone could point me to some good youtube videos for exercises to loosen the back muscles first?

Im a keen cyclist and i have been doing some serious miles these last couple of months as i want to get into top condition for the summer, never suffered from a bad back before, yes been stiff a few times but not like this.

Sorry to be a bore but what sort of exercises do you recommend for making your core muscles stronger? im a bit of a numpty because cycling is more sport, more so then football these days and all i do is what the cyclist tell you to do just miles and miles on the road to build up stamina. Now think i need to keep an eye on this other side of my fitness.

Im fine walking and not to bad bending though im not picking up anything heavy at the moment, the problem comes from when i sit down. I ate my breakfast this morning stood up.

I was recommended laying on my back, with my feet flat on the ground, close to my butt. You then simply use your arms to reach over and touch your calfs, alternating between left and right. I had a bulging disc in my lower back and normal sit-ups etc. would put pressure on the disc.

The video shows basically how it's done, but be careful not to swing about to much so you don't hurt your back even more. Nice and easy and you'll still feel the workout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nJ2y5DetdWU

Another one is to be in the same position, but now you thrust up with your butt, clinching your stomach and butt muscles. This would also help you in the bedroom as it's a movement I'm sure you're very familiar with. ;) Try and count 1001, 1002 etc. so you're holding the position for about a second before going back down again. Again, this was recommended to me due to the bulging disc, so perhaps these are way to light-weight for you?

[video=youtube;iHyh4ehyVY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHyh4ehyVY0[/video]

Stretches:

[video=youtube;-ln82byOB1U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ln82byOB1U[/video]

Best video ever btw!
[video=youtube;RpJab7LcbxE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpJab7LcbxE[/video]

Started getting back pain about 3 years ago, I'm 28. I ended up with a twisted pelvis just over a year ago, quite painful and rather comical, at least the chiropractor found it hilarious as it looked as though I was standing skew whiff. Have to say he really sorted my back out. I was off work for a week. Expensive but worth it without question. I still get slight pain most days, but doesn't stop me doing anything like playing football or running.

What made it even worse was I had a cold at the time. Let me tell you, sneezing when you have back pain hurts like a motherfudger!

I was recommended laying on my back, with my feet flat on the ground, close to my butt. You then simply use your arms to reach over and touch your calfs, alternating between left and right. I had a bulging disc in my lower back and normal sit-ups etc. would put pressure on the disc.

The video shows basically how it's done, but be careful not to swing about to much so you don't hurt your back even more. Nice and easy and you'll still feel the workout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nJ2y5DetdWU

Another one is to be in the same position, but now you thrust up with your butt, clinching your stomach and butt muscles. This would also help you in the bedroom as it's a movement I'm sure you're very familiar with. ;) Try and count 1001, 1002 etc. so you're holding the position for about a second before going back down again. Again, this was recommended to me due to the bulging disc, so perhaps these are way to light-weight for you?

[video=youtube;iHyh4ehyVY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHyh4ehyVY0[/video]

Stretches:

[video=youtube;-ln82byOB1U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ln82byOB1U[/video]

Best video ever btw!
[video=youtube;RpJab7LcbxE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpJab7LcbxE[/video]

cheers buddy

I used to have lower back problems. Sit ups and various abdominal exercises will help prevent future back pain, but are probably not a good idea while you have the back pain.

The thing that helped me was a stretch exercise which looks like the buttock stretch exercise above (I have video's disabled so can't check). Lie on back and bring right knee to chest and hold for 15 seconds. Try doing it straight, right knee to right side, and then crossed over, right knee to the left. You should feel the tightness in the buttocks as you hold the position. Then do the left leg. Repeat a few times. Obviously stop if it makes the back pain worse. You can do this in bed very morning before getting up.

If it works and eases the back pain, then look at some of the other abdominal and back exercises.

Probably going to sound stupid here more so then usual, but i have been in bed most of the day just relaxing, doing a few exercises now and again to keep it loose. But i have been on the laptop watching films on netflix. Do any of you guys get sore backs when you have your laptop on your lap?? thinking i might need to rethink everything about how i sit etc.

Last edited:
Posture is important. Another big issue is the quality of the bed. Now you mention it, I did get a high quality firm mattress at the same time I was trying to deal with lower back pain.

P.S. I use an old breakfast tray as my laptop "desk" when working (or whatever) in bed.

Damaged a facet joint a couple of years ago doing nothing more than walking down the stairs. Ended up on codeine for the pain and valium to relax the muscles. Made for a very tranquil few days.

Back