• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone remember that Bale chap?

Bale is a winner and the ultimate big game player (winning goals in two CL finals doesn’t get any bigger at club level). The only caveat is his body, once his pace goes he won’t be as explosive and won’t be the same player. However, even if we can get 2-3 years out of him at the highest level then I’d swap him + cash for Eriksen tbh who I’m not sure steps up to the plate ENOUGH in big games.

ESPN reporting that Real are offering us Bale plus $50 million pounds in exchange for Eriksen.

Don't do that again. Please.

ESPN are the biggest load of farm fresh schitt. They spread it around, with anti-Spurs malice and aforethought, looking for gullible dung beetles to gobble it up.

Get yourself cleaned off and come back with something a bit more credible.

I'd take that deal, use the money to go and sign Wan Bissaka. 4-3-3

------------------lloris
wan bissaka----toby*----vert----rose
------------------dier
---------winks------------dele
-------bale--------kane-------son

That's a quality team. The front 3 would terrify most teams we play and the midfield is well balanced. Full-backs are strong and the centre-halves make a good pair. 2nd XI of gazza; aurier, sanchez, foyth, davies; wanyama, sissoko, someone; moura, someone, someone.

*if we can persuade Toby to sign.

Do I like the look of that, as Kevin Keegan once (almost) said.

Im 50/50 on it.

As wonderful a player as he is, I think there is no hiding from the fact he will only be fit half the time, and we'll constantly be waiting for him to come back into the side, and the losing him soon after.

That and at 29 its not like his injury and fitness issues will improve, they have ALWAYS been there. Chances are they will only get worse.

I’d take it for five main reasons:

1. His return would be a big-name signing boost going into the new stadium.
2. He’d be exactly what we need in and around the squad in big games - been there, seen it, won it.
3. The additional money would pay his wages for a few years, so we lose nothing financially.
4. His presence would help attract other players.
5. Much as I love Eriksen, his stalling on a new contract suggests that we’ll be second choice if he does stay, and he has shown an increasing inability to deliver when the going gets tough.
I would add to that, if/when we sell Eriksen, the replacement will cost £££££££ because selling clubs know we have money.

I'd take it and also look for the his replacement (£20m type who needs a few years. Like a pulisic.)

The treatment of Gareth Bale by Real Madrid fans is "nothing short of a disgrace", according to his agent.

Sections of the Bernabeu jeered the Wales forward when he was substituted after 61 minutes of Saturday's 1-0 defeat by Barcelona.

"This generation of Real fans will be talking about Gareth's goals for years to come," said the 29-year-old's representative, Jonathan Barnett.

"They should be ashamed of themselves. Those fans should be kissing his feet."

Bale joined Real from Tottenham in 2013 for £85m and has won four Champions Leagues and one La Liga title with the Spanish club.

He has scored 13 goals in 33 club games this season but, despite being under contract until June 2022, his future at the Bernabeu has been a talking point in recent weeks.

"Gareth deserves the greatest of respect. The way Real fans have treated him is nothing short of a disgrace," Barnett added.

"In the six years he has been in Spain, he has won everything. He's one of the best players in the world.

"Despite what the Spanish press are reporting, he's happy, he speaks reasonable Spanish and there is no problem between him and the rest of the Real players. The people writing these things know nothing about him.

"There has not been one single discussion about Gareth leaving Madrid. He isn't going anywhere this summer.

"Despite what's been reported, he's content, he wants to stay at Real and they want him.

"We're fed up of fake stories that he's leaving."

Real goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois was quoted last month as saying Bale has not adapted to the Spanish way of life and snubbed a night out with team-mates.

Full-back Marcelo told Spanish newspaper Marca that Bale does not speak Spanish and only communicates with gestures.

The treatment of Gareth Bale by Real Madrid fans is "nothing short of a disgrace", according to his agent.

Sections of the Bernabeu jeered the Wales forward when he was substituted after 61 minutes of Saturday's 1-0 defeat by Barcelona.

"This generation of Real fans will be talking about Gareth's goals for years to come," said the 29-year-old's representative, Jonathan Barnett.

"They should be ashamed of themselves. Those fans should be kissing his feet."

Bale joined Real from Tottenham in 2013 for £85m and has won four Champions Leagues and one La Liga title with the Spanish club.

He has scored 13 goals in 33 club games this season but, despite being under contract until June 2022, his future at the Bernabeu has been a talking point in recent weeks.

"Gareth deserves the greatest of respect. The way Real fans have treated him is nothing short of a disgrace," Barnett added.

"In the six years he has been in Spain, he has won everything. He's one of the best players in the world.

"Despite what the Spanish press are reporting, he's happy, he speaks reasonable Spanish and there is no problem between him and the rest of the Real players. The people writing these things know nothing about him.

"There has not been one single discussion about Gareth leaving Madrid. He isn't going anywhere this summer.

"Despite what's been reported, he's content, he wants to stay at Real and they want him.

"We're fed up of fake stories that he's leaving."

Real goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois was quoted last month as saying Bale has not adapted to the Spanish way of life and snubbed a night out with team-mates.

Full-back Marcelo told Spanish newspaper Marca that Bale does not speak Spanish and only communicates with gestures.

Lets be honest Madrid fans are total douches anyhow
I was there once and the stadium gave Ronaldo (Fat) the white hanky treatment, they are cretins

Im 50/50 on it.

As wonderful a player as he is, I think there is no hiding from the fact he will only be fit half the time, and we'll constantly be waiting for him to come back into the side, and the losing him soon after.

That and at 29 its not like his injury and fitness issues will improve, they have ALWAYS been there. Chances are they will only get worse.

But we'd go into it knowing and accepting all that, and planning to work around it. Don't forget, it's factors like these that make the deal possible for us. If he was in tip-top shape, we wouldn't be in the running. For me, the pro's still outweight the con's.

But we'd go into it knowing and accepting all that, and planning to work around it. Don't forget, it's factors like these that make the deal possible for us. If he was in tip-top shape, we wouldn't be in the running. For me, the pro's still outweight the con's.

The pros being an occasional (and decreasing over time) appearance from a top class player

The cons being massive expense, team disruption, potential disharmony at his preferential treatment, use of a squad place with the player in the medics all year round....

For me, thats tipping to cons more than pro. No matter how wonderful a player he is, thats a lot of baggage to take on with him.

The pros being an occasional (and decreasing over time) appearance from a top class player

The cons being massive expense, team disruption, potential disharmony at his preferential treatment, use of a squad place with the player in the medics all year round....

For me, thats tipping to cons more than pro. No matter how wonderful a player he is, thats a lot of baggage to take on with him.

There are more pro's to it than that - see Mikey10's post above. I personally think the signals it would send and the knock-on effects as a top-level signing (and the type we've been failing to make for years now) make it worthwhile. If we were basing it solely on the on-pitch contribution I might be with you, but I think there's more to this deal.

Re Bale .. again, I've said it before and its obvious ..

- If we could make Bale work financially, it is a no brainer
- The difference between us and trophies/titles is that 1 or 2 difference makers in the big games, and that is exactly what he is.

We don't need him for even half our games (hence his fitness is less of an issue), we need him in CL, PL against top 6, and Cups at QF stage and beyond, 25 games out of him a season is more than enough.

Anyone who thinks we could do better, or that we shouldn't jump at the chance (assuming we make the money work) is just crazy ..

There are more pro's to it than that - see Mikey10's post above. I personally think the signals it would send and the knock-on effects as a top-level signing (and the type we've been failing to make for years now) make it worthwhile. If we were basing it solely on the on-pitch contribution I might be with you, but I think there's more to this deal.

And a lot of that comes down to whether or not he represents what you think he does.

He has never quite hit the galactico level of reputation, has he? Never made himself much of a public figure. Never been seen as a leader of a team. So what is it?

Headlines "Spurs get 2 x CL winner and finalist scorer"

Followed by "Spurs records signing a flop having played 6 matches in 8 months!" "See Spurs entry in the top 10 most expensive flops EVER!!"

Back