• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone remember that Bale chap?

What a bellend

Gareth Bale’s agent demands inquiry after details of £85m transfer leaked

• Leaked document claims amount paid in 2013 was €100,759,418
• Real always insisted the fee paid for Cristiano Ronaldo was higher

Gareth Bale’s agent has called for an investigation after a confidential document relating to his client’s world record £85m move to Real Madrid from Tottenham was leaked.

The six-page document, released by the website Football Leaks and widely published in Spain, set out details of the full value of the deal, which has always been disputed.

Real have long claimed they paid €91m (£78m) for Bale in 2013 – less than the €96m they paid for Cristiano Ronaldo four years earlier. However, the Spanish newspaper AS reported that the document showed the Bale fee amounted to €100,759,418 (£85m) – because Real had opted to pay in instalments – with Tottenham forbidden from disclosing any financial details.

It is widely thought that Real’s insistence that Ronaldo was the more expensive of the two players was designed to appease the Portugal forward. Earlier this month the journalist Jonathan Northcroft told the BBC he was asked by Real not to mention the subject when he interviewed Bale, “because Cristiano Ronaldo doesn’t like to see that someone else cost more than him”.

In October 2013 the Real president, Florentino Pérez, implied that Ronaldo’s fee was higher. Asked by the Spanish TV show Punto Pelota on the channel Intereconomia whether Bale had been insured for €91m, he replied: “Yes, of course.”

Bale’s agent, Jonathan Barnett, called the reports “outrageous”, telling the Telegraph: “There should be an inquiry and an independent investigation … I think it’s disgraceful that people can get hold of this sort of stuff. It shows complete disregard for both clubs and the player.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football...inquiry-transfer-leaked-real-madrid-tottenham

Time for Ronaldo to adjust his ego for inflation

It seriously knows no bounds. I doubt I'll ever see a player like him again in my lifetime but I find it hard to appreciate watching someone I detest so much do so well.

As for the Bale thing it is great to hear that Levy put a first refusal option in place and demonstrates the full extent of his ambitions for us. But in practice if Bale wants to go to United ahead of us he will do so regardless of whether a piece of paper says we have first option or not. Not that we're ever likely to afford his transfer fee anyway.

It seriously knows no bounds. I doubt I'll ever see a player like him again in my lifetime but I find it hard to appreciate watching someone I detest so much do so well.

As for the Bale thing it is great to hear that Levy put a first refusal option in place and demonstrates the full extent of his ambitions for us. But in practice if Bale wants to go to United ahead of us he will do so regardless of whether a piece of paper says we have first option or not. Not that we're ever likely to afford his transfer fee anyway.

Intersting isn't it?

I think it really gives us licence to play silly games and bump up the price that United etc would have to (over)pay to get Bale. That would kind of be a win-win for us and Real methinks..

Intersting isn't it?

I think it really gives us licence to play silly games and bump up the price that United etc would have to (over)pay to get Bale. That would kind of be a win-win for us and Real methinks..

This. Even if we don't use the option to buy him back, it will put some sort of pressure on potential PL clubs to raise their bid for him in order to put us off. Not that it would directly benefit is, but for Real it's a winner.

Despite media/idiot RM fans opinions, Bale is very important to them, really can't see RM selling anytime soon.

I can't see them selling any first team players until summer 2017 because they cannot bring any in whilst they are under the transfer embargo.

Not very sure Bale will ever come back to Spurs. He is no longer the player we used to have. He is more greedy for trophies after joining Real Madrid. But despite winning the CL, he still has not win the league title with Real. I can't see him leaving Real until they win the league. Even if he ever returns to Spurs, that will be only when he wants to retire from football.

just to play devils advocate, in a couple of years time would he be massively out of our league?

best training ground in country - yep
biggest stadium in London (apart from Wembley) - yep
possibly challenging for title every year - yep
champions league every year - yep
back to a club where you're adored - yep

my un-rose tinted glasses say we've got no chance though. the fee and wages would be astronomical for us.

and that's where my pipe dream ends.

just to play devils advocate, in a couple of years time would he be massively out of our league?

best training ground in country - yep
biggest stadium in London (apart from Wembley) - yep
possibly challenging for title every year - yep
champions league every year - yep
back to a club where you're adored - yep

my un-rose tinted glasses say we've got no chance though. the fee and wages would be astronomical for us.

and that's where my pipe dream ends.

Some years down the line I could see it as perhaps just about possibly realistic for us.

It's the rubbish these players trot out about not being about the money but winning things. If we signed bale tomorrow we would have a much better chance of winning the title and EL than real have of winning la liga and CL, so come on Gareth and you as well Luka come back to the Lane. No, didn't think so.
And before anyone says they need to maximise their earnings in a short career, how much money exactly is enough?

All academic I know because DL wouldn't pay the price, don't blame him, but it does bug the hell out me.

This is why Ronaldo will never be as good as Messi. Would Messi give a brick if they signed the next big thing for more than they signed him for? Messi is selfish to a degree and I imagine he must be quite a powerful figure in the Barca dressing room, but Ronaldo is full out selfish with no regard for any other forward whatsover. The way he carries on I can see why players don't exactly rush over to congratulate him when he scores.

Middlesbrough ready to sell Downing to Spurs for £15m - but only if they get Bale in return
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 10:17 AM on 15th December 2008

Middlesbrough want Tottenham Hotspur full back Gareth Bale as part of a £15million deal for Stewart Downing, according to reports.

Spurs are said to have offered fringe players Hossam Ghaly, Gilberto and Adel Taarabt as part of a players-plus-cash move for the England winger, but Boro have their eye on Bale if they are to finally cash in on their skipper.

Tottenham have long admired 24-year-old Downing and White Hart Lane boss Harry Redknapp is keen to strengthen his options on the left wing.

article-1094883-022893BD00000578-482_224x391.jpg

article-1094883-02AFF030000004B0-961_224x393.jpg

Changing shirts? Spurs' Gareth Bale (left) and Boro's Stewart Downing

They will turn to Liverpool's unsettled Holland international Ryan Babel if they cannot land Downing, according to the Daily Mirror.

Bale has struggled to fulfil his potential at Tottenham since a £5million move from Southampton in the summer last year and his club have yet to win a Barclays Premier League game with the 19-year-old in the starting line-up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...eady-sell-Downing-Spurs-15m--Bale-return.html

Middlesbrough ready to sell Downing to Spurs for £15m - but only if they get Bale in return

Was funny to look back at that. I do wonder, if Bale had gone to the lower leagues as a unwanted left back would he ever have become the wordlclass winger/ striker who plays for Real Madrid? I think right now he'd be at a club like Derby as an unspectacular left back.

PS Thank GHod we never got Babel...

Back