• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone remember that Bale chap?

Not too shabby a 2nd goal for Bale...

Very reminiscent of so many for us.. was watching the game, saw the flick on, saw him realize he had the space and knew he was going to shoot.

Madrid is funny, Bale had a good game, Ronaldo had a mare .. been so long since they had both firing at the same time

Ronaldo's obsession with goal scoring records has really started to turn people off him over the last couple years huh?

always been a big fan, I think the greed is only a recent development, the last 2/3 years, all of the hype around him and Messi obviously got into his head

it's bothered me a lot more since Bale went there

always been a big fan, I think the greed is only a recent development, the last 2/3 years, all of the hype around him and Messi obviously got into his head

I'm a big fan of his footballing talent. I'm a big anti-fan of his arrogance, but if any youngsters need a role model in terms of what to do to improve yourself, he is that role model. Obviously blessed with a lot of talent, but has ensured that he is the physical specimen to effectively make up for the lack of talent when compared to Messi.

His arrogance is something that I think is quite normal when you have the career that he has. He will have an entourage that will be telling him every day just how amazing he is, he scores goals for fun and is supremely wealthy.

Messi must be selfish to a certain degree, I can imagine he is a very powerful voice within the Barca dressing room and I'm sure he is consulted with coaching changes. Ronaldo is full on selfish with absolutely no regard any other forward on the pitch whatsoever. His histrionics, lone celebrations and general carry on would hardly encourage players to rush toward him when he scores.

He's the best player at Madrid by a distance, but he's a complete feckin rooster who doesn't help his own quest for success by being so selfish.

Is an absolute cretin isn't he, all about him, such a massive difference to Messi

When it comes to goals, they are pretty much equals, but Messi' overall play is better and brings others into play better than Ronaldo does. Ronaldo is out for himself which is part of the reason why he is so good, but it's also why he will never be as good as Messi.

Details of his transfer leaked, apparently (source: some guy on Facebook quoting AS.com). Number (1) is particularily interesting, if true. Would Levy sanction it at any price? He would be crucified by our fans in the unlikely event of Arse having a bid accepted and then deciding not to match the bid, for instance.

Spurs now effectively have the final say in any transfer of Bale to another PL club for three more years. That means we could block Chelski or any of the Manchesters from buying him, which IMO makes it less likely we'll see him playing for another PL club until the 2019-2020 season than if we didn't have that clause. By then he'll be 30.

The contract states:

1) If a PL club has a bid accepted before 30th June 2019, we have 72 hours to match the bid and if we decide to, our bid will be accepted over the other PL clubs and RM can't accept any other bids.

2) The transfer of Bale amounts to 99,743,542 euros in four annual payments. Last payment of £20m coming in this summer.

3) Article 15 of the deal stated that the only figure which Real Madrid could put out into the public domain was the 78 million-pound (91 million euros) transfer fee. (Ronaldo ego clause!)

Here's the link to the agreement in English, from AS.com (PDF).

Here's the story on AS.com in Spanish.

Last edited:
There is no way Levy would even contemplate matching a crazy United/Chelsea offer for him. We just don't have the resources to spunk a quarter of our stadium budget on a single player, as much as I would love it to happen...

It does raise an interesting question though, how would he fit into our current side? What little I've seen of him at Real he doesen't seem like the most hard working player there...

It does raise an interesting question though, how would he fit into our current side? What little I've seen of him at Real he doesen't seem like the most hard working player there...

He would walk into our team or any team in the world (except Barca) for that matter. No question about it.

He would walk into our team or any team in the world (except Barca) for that matter. No question about it.
No doubt, he's a fantastic player and better than anyone we have, but I'm not sure he's the most natural fit to the way we play. That being said though, he's so good that I think even Poch would build a team arround him.

No doubt, he's a fantastic player and better than anyone we have, but I'm not sure he's the most natural fit to the way we play. That being said though, he's so good that I think even Poch would build a team arround him.

I see what you mean. He would go through the middle I think. He's too good to be assigned to one side of the pitch.
I don't think his work rate can be questioned either. You've only got to see his performances for Wales to know he is a work horse.

He'd fit in quite well as a LWF/second striker I think - I think we can afford to have a player in that position free of the pressing game if he provides the goal threat that Bale does

He'd fit in quite well as a LWF/second striker I think - I think we can afford to have a player in that position free of the pressing game if he provides the goal threat that Bale does
Yeah, thinking more about it he would sort of be like a Son on massive amounts of steroids. Very direct and willing to shoot. Would compliment Eriksens creativity and Allis movement. Would be a nightmare to play against. Alli draging defenders all over the place, Bale roasting defenders for fun and Eriksen pulling the strings. Wouldn't complain. Okay, back to the real world now :)

quote-gareth-bale-literally-has-three-lungs-jamie-redknapp-121-61-67.jpg

Poch with the obvious answer to an inevitable question:

Gareth Bale return an option for Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino says he would be interested in bringing Gareth Bale back to White Hart Lane from Real Madrid.

The Football Leaks website have published what they claim is a document that shows Tottenham have the first option to buy Bale back from Real if another Premier League club tries to sign him.

That would mean that if another Premier League club puts in an offer for Bale before June 30, 2019, Spurs have 72 hours to match the offer - and if they do, Real have to sell him back to Spurs.
"I think if we have the option to sign him - why not?" said Pochettino. "He's a great player and a player that can improve our squad."

The document also claims Bale's 2013 move from Tottenham to Real was a world-record transfer, something consistently denied by the Spanish club.
Real insist the deal for Bale was not as big as the one that took Cristiano Ronaldo to the Bernabeu from Manchester United in 2009.

The 10-time European champions say the fee for Bale was £70.38m - more than £3m short of Ronaldo's transfer fee.

However, the Football Leaks document shows that Real paid £77.45m, for Bale with the money paid in installments rather than in one 'up-front' payment.

It is also claimed Real promised Bale would not make any negative comments about Spurs or club chairman Daniel Levy.

Despite media/idiot RM fans opinions, Bale is very important to them, really can't see RM selling anytime soon.

Back