• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone remember that Bale chap?

For someone who is indifferent, this is the latest in a particularly barbed set of comments mate. Those touches mean nothing if they're in areas of the pitch where he will be less effective. You do know that in just under two years, he has also won them the Copa Del Rey with an outrageous goal and the CL with a supreme header, as well as delivered some tremendous performances. If people cannot see that he is the focus of a political thing at RM, then I despair...

Not at all Steff. I genuinely felt sorry for him the other night because it's not happening for him and he missed at least two glorious chances, but I hold no ill feeling toward the bloke, wouldn't hold it against him if he came back to England and played for City, United or Chelsea, just not Arsenal.

But I don't believe in the theories that there is some evil plot to make him look bad. Why would they do this given what the won last season? Other than Ronaldo, who does it benefit?

Last season he was good, had two outstanding moments in two massive finals, but this season he has been below par, he has to shoulder some of the responsibility surely?

What I don't understand is people so passionately wanting him to do well given that he doesn't play for us anymore. I like Carrick for example and wish him well, but I don't punch the air whenever United win a trophy.

Last edited:
I just don't see the point of getting so worked up over a player that left us two seasons ago.

If you're not interested in a thread on general football I'd recommend not posting in it. For myself, it's difficult to not attempt to educate people with ill informed opinions believing any brick written in the rags. But aside from that, as Bale is someone who has done great things for our club, I wish him well and want to see him doing well and am happy to discuss his trials and tribulations. Also as a British gentleman who has lived abroad, I find it very interesting in terms of how British footballers fair overseas and find it an interesting discussion point.

Perhaps take it up with the mods if you have an issue with people discussing things that interest them

If you're not interested in a thread on general football I'd recommend not posting in it. For myself, it's difficult to not attempt to educate people with ill informed opinions believing any crud written in the rags. But aside from that, as Bale is someone who has done great things for our club, I wish him well and want to see him doing well and am happy to discuss his trials and tribulations. Also as a British gentleman who has lived abroad, I find it very interesting in terms of how British footballers fair overseas and find it an interesting discussion point.

Perhaps take it up with the mods if you have an issue with people discussing things that interest them

Edited: Possibly too confrontational.

Last edited:
Not at all Steff. I genuinely felt sorry for him the other night because it's not happening for him and he missed at least two glorious chances, but I hold no ill feeling toward the bloke, wouldn't hold it against him if he came back to England and played for City, United or Chelsea, just not Arsenal.

But I don't believe in the theories that there is some evil plot to make him look bad. Why would they do this given what the won last season? Other than Ronaldo, who does it benefit?

Last season he was good, had two outstanding moments in two massive finals, but this season he has been below par, he has to shoulder some of the responsibility surely?

What I don't understand is people so passionately wanting him to do well given that he doesn't play for us anymore. I like Carrick for example and wish him well, but I don't punch the air whenever United win a trophy.

Fair play mate. I'll tell you that I do think he is a convenient spacegoat for the likes of La Marca, and he will always be criticized ahead of others. Yes, he has to shoulder some of the responsibility, but as I think I laid out prior, I believe tactically there are very specific reasons which shows us exactly how the different use of him this season has really not helped anyone. Like asking a Ferrari to be a London cab really, you waste the best elements of the vehicle and it's true soul...

Rent-A-Quote had a busy Friday...

Gareth Bale is still among the world's top five players, Harry Redknapp tells Goal - Goal.com

Redknapp, speaking exclusively to Goal, believes Bale would be the star in any Premier League team.

"He had a fantastic season last year for Real Madrid and some of the goals he scored, I've never seen anything like it, they were incredible. He's a fantastic player. For me, he is in the top five players in the world still," he said.

"Everybody would love him. Manchester United would love him, I'm sure. He'd walk into any team in England, there's not a team in England he wouldn't walk into and be the star player.

"He's a fantastic player. If he was in England, for me, he'd be the best player in the Premier League. He was, he still would be, if he came back, I still think he would be the best player in the league again. He's a fantastic talent."

...Redknapp has sympathy for his current plight, but is sure that Bale – described as a "great lad" – can win over his doubters.

"I'd like to see him stay there," he replied when asked if Bale should seek an exit.

"Last year he had a great first season at Real Madrid, this year it's been more difficult for him but I'd like to see him fight his way through it and show everybody what he can do because he's an amazing player.

"He's got everything, he's got absolutely everything, he's got pace, he's got strength, he can dribble, he can shoot, he can head it. There's nothing he can't do, he's a good boy.

"As soon as you have a bit of a bad time people want to jump on your case, he's a great talent in my opinion."

...Redknapp insists he never doubted Bale's ability and says he tipped him for stardom before taking the reins at White Hart Lane.

"I had no doubts," he added. "Someone said I was going to loan him out to Nottingham Forest or somebody; absolute nonsense. Never, ever were we going to loan him out at Tottenham.

"I watched him play before I went to Tottenham, to be fair, one day at Fulham, and I thought he was fantastic that day, he played left-back. He could have been the best left-back in the world or the best left winger in the world, in my opinion.

"Even when I was there, we played at Benfica one day, and he played left-back and it was the best performance I'd seen in years, I’d never seen anything like it. Incredible. He plays left wing, he can play right wing, he can play off the middle, where he plays for Wales, they play him up front, he’s got everything.

"He's an amazing talent and he's a great player. It's a shame he's not English, it's a shame he's not playing for England, I wish he was English. The Welsh don't but he could make the difference to the England team, that's for sure!"

‘GO BACK TO SPURS!’ - Former Tottenham boss’ sensational plea for Gareth Bale to ‘return home’* | talkSPORT
A proud Redknapp told the Sports Bar: “I can’t believe the stick he’s getting, really.

“He had a great season last year, he scored some really important goals and some incredible goals, he settled in quicker than I expected him to.

“[But] he’s not the most confident of boys, he’s a quiet, lovely guy and it’s probably the first time he’s had a lot of stick and maybe that’s affecting his confidence, and confidence is key in terms of performing at your best.”

Asked what he would say if Bale sought his advice, Harry added, “Go back to Spurs!

“If he did come back to England, I can’t think of anyone I’d rather have in my team. He’s a fantastic player, he’s got absolutely everything. He’s an amazing talent.

“Gareth was always going to be a top player, but his confidence was low when I first went to Tottenham.

“He’d gone 20-odd games and never been on a winning team - that was a problem. We managed to break that hoodoo for him and he’s not looked back since really."

*Don’t take this seriously Spurs fans, like the club’s ongoing pursuit for Champions League football, Harry’s tongue-in-cheek comments are pure comedy...

Last edited:
Much as I would love to see him back at Spurs. I am resigned to the fact he will come back to England and be wearing a Emirates Marketing Project shirt

So he started just over half the games that season then basically, proves my point does it not? He had a good contribution but not a massive one.

I suppose it all depends on what the definition of " missed most of it"which is what you said. He missed 13 games so I can not see how the hell that relates to " missed most of it".

apparently his missus and kid are living back in the uk and with this and the fact Bale cant get to grips with the Spanish language he is feeling very isolated.

A lot of talk that a move to Man Utd is quite close to being agreed

"Don’t take this seriously Spurs fans, like the club’s ongoing pursuit for Champions League football, Harry’s tongue-in-cheek comments are pure comedy.."

Yet nowhere near as comedic as Talk Sport's consortium of so called 'experts'.

No wonder the FSW flew to Wales to meet Bale. Being friends with him as a RM coach seems to be a pretty good idea. :eek:

Florentino sacked Ancelotti for substituting Bale
That’s how the dismissal of Carlo was explained to his board of directors. On Monday 25th May, Florentino was with Ancelotti in the Wellington hotel. In that meeting he informed him of his departure. After the meeting he headed to the Santiago Bernabéu to communicate the decision that he had taken by himself to his board of directors. The Real Madrid directors asked Florentino Pérez why he had taken the decision to sack Carlo Ancelotti. “It’s a question of loss of confidence,” the president explained to them in the board meeting that was convened before the public appearance in which he notified those present of the sacking of the Italian. “But why that loss of confidence, if he won four titles in his first year?” insisted one director. Then Florentino responded with a “I don’t know” minutes afterwards in front of the journalists. The president told his directors that Ancelotti had not extended good treatment toward Gareth Bale, “a strategic player for us”. “Once he removed him and I reproached him and Carlo didn’t understand it. Since then he lost my confidence”. That reproach was made after Bale was substituted in the 71stminute at Mestalla. Sources close to the dressing room revealed that Florentino said something like this to Ancelotti: “To remove Bale is to attack me.”

http://as.com/diarioas/2015/06/14/english/1434260047_408806.html

No wonder the FSW flew to Wales to meet Bale. Being friends with him as a RM coach seems to be a pretty good idea. :eek:

Florentino sacked Ancelotti for substituting Bale
That’s how the dismissal of Carlo was explained to his board of directors. On Monday 25th May, Florentino was with Ancelotti in the Wellington hotel. In that meeting he informed him of his departure. After the meeting he headed to the Santiago Bernabéu to communicate the decision that he had taken by himself to his board of directors. The Real Madrid directors asked Florentino Pérez why he had taken the decision to sack Carlo Ancelotti. “It’s a question of loss of confidence,” the president explained to them in the board meeting that was convened before the public appearance in which he notified those present of the sacking of the Italian. “But why that loss of confidence, if he won four titles in his first year?” insisted one director. Then Florentino responded with a “I don’t know” minutes afterwards in front of the journalists. The president told his directors that Ancelotti had not extended good treatment toward Gareth Bale, “a strategic player for us”. “Once he removed him and I reproached him and Carlo didn’t understand it. Since then he lost my confidence”. That reproach was made after Bale was substituted in the 71stminute at Mestalla. Sources close to the dressing room revealed that Florentino said something like this to Ancelotti: “To remove Bale is to attack me.”

http://as.com/diarioas/2015/06/14/english/1434260047_408806.html

Joke club. The manager SHOULD be in complete control of substitutions without fear of being sacked.

Back