• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone ever put sound insulation in?

Has DHSF worked out how to remove his ballgag?

I miss that guy. The fat Egyptian, saw him at a few games at the lane.

Saw @markysimmo at the real madrid game at Wembley but was to scared to say hello even though he was just a few rows in front of me.

Anyone else on here meet anyone else at a game?

Sometimes wonder if you lot are just bots or real people.

I miss that guy. The fat Egyptian, saw him at a few games at the lane.

Saw @markysimmo at the real madrid game at Wembley but was to scared to say hello even though he was just a few rows in front of me.

Anyone else on here meet anyone else at a game?

Sometimes wonder if you lot are just bots or real people.
Was worried about making eye contact as didn’t want to end up as a human skin that you wore in your basement

Ok I'm constructing my own insulation. I get a discount at B&Q from working there. The walls and ceiling is easy it is the door that is causing me problems.

My son plays the drums by the way. Get your mind out the gutters you freaks.
Can't you just get him to play drums upstairs while you get down to subterranean business? Drown it out sort of thing? Save you a few quid on egg boxes at least.

Can't you just get him to play drums upstairs while you get down to subterranean business? Drown it out sort of thing? Save you a few quid on egg boxes at least.

The neighbours would love me. We live in a close and the sound bounces round. One of them said they always know when spurs are playing because of the sound from our house of me shouting.

If you want to get good results, you actually have to create a room within the room, with new walls and ceiling that are independent of the current walls and ceiling, i.e are not in contact with the current construction, and make sure there are no gaps between ceiling and walls, and use overlapping double plasterboard on either side, with minimum of 10cm glass or stone based insulation. Ceiling should be a floating ceiling. Preferably, you would also want a layer of some heavy material too, to reduce low frequency sound, but that is extremely costly.
You just won't be able to totally soundproof the room for all frequencies, unless you buld and anacoic chamber....

If you want to get good results, you actually have to create a room within the room, with new walls and ceiling that are independent of the current walls and ceiling, i.e are not in contact with the current construction, and make sure there are no gaps between ceiling and walls, and use overlapping double plasterboard on either side, with minimum of 10cm glass or stone based insulation. Ceiling should be a floating ceiling. Preferably, you would also want a layer of some heavy material too, to reduce low frequency sound, but that is extremely costly.
You just won't be able to totally soundproof the room for all frequencies, unless you buld and anacoic chamber....
As Kandi says, the high frequency will be covered by the insulation, but you need dense isolated mass to stop the bass, either dense concrete block or dense soundproof plasterboard (think you have to drill and screw this, as it's too hard to pin). The weak points will be any gaps (use acoustic sealant for any gaps in structure in both 'rooms'), and the doors. You ideally want two thick solidcore doors, one that opens in to the room within the room, and one that opens out of the outer room (if they are close together, if not open whatever way suits), both fitted with acoustic seals and acoustic thresholds. Picture the room filling up with water, if it can get out, so can the sound. You also need to isolate the floor as well, so that no sound can be transmitted from the room within a room structure, to the outer room structure. When Kandi says no contact between the rooms, he is correct, but there are ways to do this with rubber and resilient strips if it's unavoidable.

That covers the sound getting out, you then need to consider the reverberation time for sound in the room within a room, with hard dense walls it could bounce the sound back, creating an echo, and give your boy a headache. Carpets, soft furnishings will help, but you'll probably need some acoustic absorption panels (area required will be trial and error) to tune the reverberation time to what you want.

Or buy him an electric drum kit and headphones!

As Kandi says, the high frequency will be covered by the insulation, but you need dense isolated mass to stop the bass, either dense concrete block or dense soundproof plasterboard (think you have to drill and screw this, as it's too hard to pin). The weak points will be any gaps (use acoustic sealant for any gaps in structure in both 'rooms'), and the doors. You ideally want two thick solidcore doors, one that opens in to the room within the room, and one that opens out of the outer room (if they are close together, if not open whatever way suits), both fitted with acoustic seals and acoustic thresholds. Picture the room filling up with water, if it can get out, so can the sound. You also need to isolate the floor as well, so that no sound can be transmitted from the room within a room structure, to the outer room structure. When Kandi says no contact between the rooms, he is correct, but there are ways to do this with rubber and resilient strips if it's unavoidable.

That covers the sound getting out, you then need to consider the reverberation time for sound in the room within a room, with hard dense walls it could bounce the sound back, creating an echo, and give your boy a headache. Carpets, soft furnishings will help, but you'll probably need some acoustic absorption panels (area required will be trial and error) to tune the reverberation time to what you want.

Or buy him an electric drum kit and headphones!

Back