• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Any dishwasher repair people here?

scaramanga

Paul Miller
Staff member
Had repairman come out to the house last week because our dishwasher wasn't washing anything in the top tray.

He diagnosed as a faulty diverter valve and explained why - all seems pretty logical to me.

Problem is, from the very start he was trying to convince me to replace my (so far entirely sound) machine with some no-brand nonsense that his company sells. I then find out after he's left that the replacement diverter valve will be £300 because on my model it has to be replaced with the motor at the same time. Therefore they'd recommend that instead of repair, we buy their no-brand blah, blah, blah.

Now this stinks like a con to me, as I'm sure it does everyone else. Is his diagnosis of needing to buy both parts realistic?

Model is a Smeg DI612CA9. Thanks

Appliance repair is a dying industry - things like dishwashers, washing machines, fridges are disposable these days. It breaks, buy a new one.

Appliance repair is a dying industry - things like dishwashers, washing machines, fridges are disposable these days. It breaks, buy a new one.

Now you have upset him.........we will hear the clasps on his purse opening from anywhere on the M25

AND don't forget the sobbing .......oh the sobbing!

Unfortunately fitted ones are a different matter. Good standard ones are about £3-400, good fitted ones are nearer £1k

Unfortunately fitted ones are a different matter. Good standard ones are about £3-400, good fitted ones are nearer £1k
All our kitchen was Siemens and started going wrong after ten years ish. Kept with Siemens on show, but all the integrated stuff is now Blomberg which has a good reputation and 5 year warranty.

If you're spending a grand on a dishwasher, why get some repair guy from a generic manufacturer to come out and look at it? Of course he's going to try and flog you his gear. Surprised you didn't call out a Smeg engineer.

If you're spending a grand on a dishwasher, why get some repair guy from a generic manufacturer to come out and look at it? Of course he's going to try and flog you his gear. Surprised you didn't call out a Smeg engineer.
They are all smeg heads

I don't want to spend a grand on a dishwasher, that's why I got a repairman out!

Had repairman come out to the house last week because our dishwasher wasn't washing anything in the top tray.

He diagnosed as a faulty diverter valve and explained why - all seems pretty logical to me.

Problem is, from the very start he was trying to convince me to replace my (so far entirely sound) machine with some no-brand nonsense that his company sells. I then find out after he's left that the replacement diverter valve will be £300 because on my model it has to be replaced with the motor at the same time. Therefore they'd recommend that instead of repair, we buy their no-brand blah, blah, blah.

Now this stinks like a con to me, as I'm sure it does everyone else. Is his diagnosis of needing to buy both parts realistic?

Model is a Smeg DI612CA9. Thanks
Maybe this. Lots of DI612stuff. No idea really
https://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/819130468-smeg-dishwasher-diverter-valve

Back