• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

The argument made was chelsea are sustainable. Whether that is true or not is questionable. When you have to inject 200m in non-covid times I'd say its probably not self-sustaining with their wage levels. But isn't what you've quoted what you want us to do? Aren't you constantly advocating for the injection of money/investment? The club follow what you're advocating. You know the old joke about the table of old ladies, and the waiter comes over and asks "is anything okay?"
The only clubs that are sustainable are clubs that don’t spend
Chelsea aren’t
City lie to make it look like they are
United are but also have the heavy debt thanks to their owners robbing them
Arsenal and us are sometimes
Norwich are
Burnley we’re
Pool were for a period
Beyond that I’m not sure anyone is

Spurs debt is 700m right? Because of covid it went up 200m maybe. According to the Athethletic the debt to Roman is 1.5b more than double. https://theathletic.com/3047181/2022/01/05/chelsea-debt-abramovich-passes-1-5-billion/#:~:text=Explained: Chelsea's debt to Abramovich passes £1.5 billion&text=Chelsea's debt to Roman,of the Premier League club.

Think you'll find pool just injected millions too.

I am sure Levy is conflicted. In one way, he would love to sell. It is a thankless task trying to compete with Saudis, Emerarti etc On the other hand he's built something, and it would sad to walk away when you put such care into it. From the stadium, in all its detail, to the training ground vegetable garden etc etc.

Pretty sure if there were ready buyers at 10 figure amounts Levy would be having a conversation. When the Saudi wealth fund pays only £350m for a club that gets 50,000 supporters attending, then well, you have to be realistic that there aren't going to be a lot of ready buyers.

My bad I mis-remembered Chelsea's debt as being around the 1B mark. Although as I said u til he calls that in (very unlikely) it's not particularly relevant because it's not costing the club anything or inhibiting Chelsea having that debt on the books unlike ourselves.

With regards to Liverpool having recent additional investment. They lowered their shareholding by allowing outside investment. It's not because they are going broke but like ENIC there is a limited amount of risk they are willing to take so instead they are now sharing that risk (and pay off) with others. I believe Finney has advocated for the same model re Spurs. So my point still stands, there is a club with a similar model albeit with a bit more balls who were until the current owners followed that model were actually falling behind us. Now they are gone, but not just financially but most importantly in sporting terms.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

he said from this performance shows that we are stable in one of these interviews
no we aren't
We're just not boring, but rip our hairs out at other times, we don't know which Spurs we're getting at the moment, but hopefully Conte has got hold of steadying the ship again!
#COYS

he said from this performance shows that we are stable in one of these interviews
no we aren't
We're just not boring, but rip our hairs out at other times, we don't know which Spurs we're getting at the moment, but hopefully Conte has got hold of steadying the ship again!
#COYS
Normally a result like Leicester away would count tenfold in a team morale/motivation type way...it didn't appear to work that way.

Beating City should be a boost mentally, BUT in no way does that game itself bare any resemblance or indication to other games you play. The tactics you employ and the quality of opponent is pretty much limited to playing them. (And indeed those tactics are, and have been before, successful)

Last edited:
Normally a result like Leicester away would count tenfold in a team morale/motivation type way...it didn't appear to work that way.

Beating City should be a boost mentally, BUT in no way does the game itself bare any resemblance or indication to other games you play. The tactics you employ and the quality of opponent is pretty much limited to playing them. (And indeed those tactics are, and have been before, successful)

Agreed.

On the other hand some signs of things that can be brought into other games. Dier back allowing us to play with more ambition from the back, Kulusevski starting his first game and getting a flying start, Bentancur settling in, Sessegnon getting game time in a huge and intense game.

Should be able to build on that, but City to Burnley, can't be many more different games to go into than that.

Agreed.

On the other hand some signs of things that can be brought into other games. Dier back allowing us to play with more ambition from the back, Kulusevski starting his first game and getting a flying start, Bentancur settling in, Sessegnon getting game time in a huge and intense game.

Should be able to build on that, but City to Burnley, can't be many more different games to go into than that.
We all need to cross our fingers Romero Dier and Davies stay fit.

Bentancur looks a very good edition. He's settled quickly and looks to have a good footballing head on his shoulders.

Kulu is promising, especially for a 21 year old.

I think Sess has looked more promising this season BUT yesterday had that look where, he himself, looked like he didn't believe he belonged at that level. Still young though.

We all need to cross our fingers Romero Dier and Davies stay fit.

Bentancur looks a very good edition. He's settled quickly and looks to have a good footballing head on his shoulders.

Kulu is promising, especially for a 21 year old.

I think Sess has looked more promising this season BUT yesterday had that look where, he himself, looked like he didn't believe he belonged at that level. Still young though.
On Sessegnon, First half I would agree
Second half he did very well imo including the moment to pounce on the loose ball in the run up to our second goal.

On Sessegnon, First half I would agree
Second half he did very well imo including the moment to pounce on the loose ball in the run up to our second goal.
And first half every time sess got it he had 3 men in him
He needs to be more vocal though. When he gets fouled… scream blue murder
I like sess and he made the right choice for the second goal too

And first half every time sess got it he had 3 men in him
He needs to be more vocal though. When he gets fouled… scream blue murder
I like sess and he made the right choice for the second goal too
Yeah agreed
He’s a nice footballer
Hopefully Conte can coach that out of hom

It's pretty much the formula we have used to beat City in recent times. It just doesn't translate to many other games. In a low block with a shape of 541 is not a look you'll be seeing, the game just doesn't pan out that way.

From City's pov it is rather lazy from them. Kane dropping between the lines is hardly a move to surprise, it's what he does. And the evidence is, good things happen when he does. Just follow him in, it's not even as if this is happening on the blindside...it's happening in the direction the defenders are facing.
Son is also the obvious runner. I noticed after our first goal, Walker was then detailed to track him.
Makes me wonder what prep Pep does. He's so absorbed by his own game.

It's pretty much the formula we have used to beat City in recent times. It just doesn't translate to many other games. In a low block with a shape of 541 is not a look you'll be seeing, the game just doesn't pan out that way.

From City's pov it is rather lazy from them. Kane dropping between the lines is hardly a move to surprise, it's what he does. And the evidence is, good things happen when he does. Just follow him in, it's not even as if this is happening on the blindside...it's happening in the direction the defenders are facing.
Son is also the obvious runner. I noticed after our first goal, Walker was then detailed to track him.
All top managers believe their system is the only system. It’s why they are fallible

as you say nothing was new. It was rinse and repeat the same tactics

I do think city for as good as they are just lack a focal point still where’s yesterday we had 3 for attacks of more. For Kanes first goal we had 5 players in the area in attack which is more than they got all game

If we can get him the players he wants and play that beautiful one touch passing on a consistent basis. Oh my GHod are we in for some exciting times.
We need to be able to do it in the tighter matches as well, the ones were we have the lionshare of possession or least would be expected to. The one touch will help as the quicker play and quicker thinking is what helps disorientate the opposition defences. Having Kulu and Bentancur helps as they already have that mentality and the quality in their touch and passing to play that way.

Burnley next will be interesting as there won't be anywhere near as much space so we need to adapt and adjust to what they will do. Hopefully the confidence from the this match carries them forward and they keep trying the quicker more progressive football. It has always been what suits us, we need to play quickly and with fewer touches.

Lazy, perhaps, but I think it's just as much about the quality of our play.

Remember City play like this for the majority of the time in the major their game, and they don't concede a lot of goals.

Our players keeping the ball until they get out under pressure, having the composure and vision to find the right pass. Then quality with the pass.

That pass from Davies to Kane is a thing of absolute beauty. Timing, weight, accuracy, all spot on perfect. Yeah, they could have defended it better, but we're posing a real difficult challenge that teams won't be able to deal with every time.

We need to be able to do it in the tighter matches as well, the ones were we have the lionshare of possession or least would be expected to. The one touch will help as the quicker play and quicker thinking is what helps disorientate the opposition defences. Having Kulu and Bentancur helps as they already have that mentality and the quality in their touch and passing to play that way.

Burnley next will be interesting as there won't be anywhere near as much space so we need to adapt and adjust to what they will do. Hopefully the confidence from the this match carries them forward and they keep trying the quicker more progressive football. It has always been what suits us, we need to play quickly and with fewer touches.

The big thing is to score early, meaning they will need to take risks going forward, leaving more space for Kane & co to exploit. Of course Dyche his will have drilled his team intensively to prevent us scoring at any time.

The big thing is to score early, meaning they will need to take risks going forward, leaving more space for Kane & co to exploit. Of course Dyche his will have drilled his team intensively to prevent us scoring at any time.

Scoring early in those circumstances obviously helps massively, but we can't rely on that as our strategy. Part of our problem is creating chances in those situations, so scoring early will often not happen.

We need to continue taking steps in how we build up from the back, through midfield. I'm hoping that Dier back, Romero recently back and Bentancur will help somewhat in that regard. But it's a difficult thing to fix for most teams so will probably take time and continue to frustrate us.

Isn't the reverse true. Our defence is suspect so going for the first goal is actually taking a bigger risk... Especially if we concede first.

I've seen enough to think that we should only be a counter attacking team this season and willingly cede possession to draw them in so that we can spring counter attacks ala vs. Emirates Marketing Project.

Back