• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Of course they are. But losing 3 times to them in 2 and half weeks is even more damning, given that they've lost and drawn so many recently.

They've raised their game against us, after the smugness wears off I'd be a bit miffed if i was a Chelsea supporter.
They are all but out of the league by dropping points against teams they really should be beating. Then they put in dominant displays against us, makes you wonder at their mentality.

Today was as much on Conte's decisions as it was on squad/player quality. We have failed to be competitive in 3 games against Chelsea when weaker teams than ours have managed it. That for me is simply not good enough.
Agreed, while I am generally delighted with conte, his preparations for and management of our games with Chelsea worry me. It’s like he’s given up before we’d even kicked a ball. You only need to look at Graham potter for a prime example of what can be achieved with inferior resources. In my opinion it’s not acceptable to roll over for Chelsea, which is what we have done these past 3 games, and contes formations and team selections are part of that. Why not stick with the same formation that worked so well against Leicester.

On Sunday we couldn’t get a foothold on midfield, but had we had 3 cms as against Leicester we would have had more of a fighting chance.

They've raised their game against us, after the smugness wears off I'd be a bit miffed if i was a Chelsea supporter.
They are all but out of the league by dropping points against teams they really should be beating. Then they put in dominant displays against us, makes you wonder at their mentality.

I don’t think they played well at all today. They scored a worldie and from a corner (if I’m correct, their 4th set piece goal against us this season alone). If we’d taken the game to them more in the first half, I think we’d have had a great chance. It’s the same way we always play against Chelsea - like we’re scared. It’s also something that seems strange for a Conte team.

Of course, we did actually score and if that had counted we might not be here.

I was about to post the same. For all the comments that we should have taken points off them given teams like Everton have, it says more about Chelsea if they take those games for granted but are more switched on against us

At the moment, our squad is a lot weaker so if Chelsea are up for games against us, its going to be very hard

I dont understand this comment. It suggests there is a pot of money to spend but daniel really doesnt want to spend it but people like yourself and jamie redknapp are urging daniel to give this pot to conte.

But that is not the reality. The reality is we have no money to spend due to covid and zero help as always from lewis. We have agreed a fee for traore but cannot go ahead unless we shift someone like dele to Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

All we can do is hope that by the summer the new third party investment has come.

Obviously there is no magic money tree but how much money do you think we have?

You do also know that we don't need to stump up transfer fees in one go? If we want to make a couple of signings, we'll be able to do it. I'd imagine Levy will be most concerned with keeping the wages down so may want the likes of Ndombele, Dele and GLC off the wage bill before committing to paying new lads big money.

I was about to post the same. For all the comments that we should have taken points off them given teams like Everton have, it says more about Chelsea if they take those games for granted but are more switched on against us

At the moment, our squad is a lot weaker so if Chelsea are up for games against us, its going to be very hard

Team X took points from Chelsea. We're better than team X. So...

This is not how football works.

In the wake of this massively disappointing performance against the defending Champions League cup holder, we get this signal of how desperate the Daily Melee has become for reader clicks.

The sensationalist schitrag quotes a pathetic, professional bullschit artist, one Jamie Redknapp, as saying that if Spurs don't stump up and buy Conte a couple of players this window, he could WALK OUT! before the season ends.

Let's all get worried.

It’s not just one team. Chelsea have been poor for the last 2 or 3 months, and we’ve rolled over for them 3 times in that period.

I think they've been inconsistent more than poor and definitely on a positive trend.

I think my point stands.

Anyone could see that we would be in trouble from the moment the lineup was announced.

I think they've been inconsistent more than poor and definitely on a positive trend.

I think my point stands.

Anyone could see that we would be in trouble from the moment the lineup was announced.

For sure. But I think Conte exacerbated the problem by playing a completely out of the blue formation. Stick with the 352 and take a risk and play Harvey White instead of Tanganga.

For sure. But I think Conte exacerbated the problem by playing a completely out of the blue formation. Stick with the 352 and take a risk and play Harvey White instead of Tanganga.

I think that would be unfair on young Harvey White.

I could see an argument for doing it, speaking about it as if it's a mistake from Conte I don't get.

Obviously there is no magic money tree but how much money do you think we have?

I think we have no money at all. A little bit will trickle through in the summer from having an open stadium this season but attendances are not what they were, so even that income will be down a bit. But hopefully the third party investment would have come by then. Otherwise the consequences will be monumental.

You do also know that we don't need to stump up transfer fees in one go? If we want to make a couple of signings, we'll be able to do it.

We have already done this to death in recent windows and now owe an astonishing figure and some if loan to buys such as romero go ahead. We have tried this again with traore and the selling club have said no. We have now agreed a fee and are now desperately trying to shift someone so we can afford to pay it.

The club is not in a good place thanks to covid and lewis’ zero tolerance approach on helping in the market.

From the summer onwards everything depends on the third party investment. If it doesn't happen (particularly if its on the back of not getting top 4) then total chaos will ensue at the club.

I don’t think they played well at all today. They scored a worldie and from a corner (if I’m correct, their 4th set piece goal against us this season alone). If we’d taken the game to them more in the first half, I think we’d have had a great chance. It’s the same way we always play against Chelsea - like we’re scared. It’s also something that seems strange for a Conte team.

Of course, we did actually score and if that had counted we might not be here.

I don't think they have been great against us in any of the games, other than the worldie yesterday the goals we have conceded have been poor.
But they have been much more proactive in the games, sharper, quicker, stronger and hungrier.

I think we have no money at all. A little bit will trickle through in the summer from having an open stadium this season but attendances are not what they were, so even that income will be down a bit. But hopefully the third party investment would have come by then. Otherwise the consequences will be monumental.

We have already done this to death in recent windows and now owe an astonishing figure and some if loan to buys such as romero go ahead. We have tried this again with traore and the selling club have said no. We have now agreed a fee and are now desperately trying to shift someone so we can afford to pay it.

The club is not in a good place thanks to covid and lewis’ zero tolerance approach on helping in the market.

From the summer onwards everything depends on the third party investment. If it doesn't happen (particularly if its on the back of not getting top 4) then total chaos will ensue at the club.

Just took a quick look at the June financial results:

upload_2022-1-24_10-6-51.png

That says we've 147m. Now I'm sure if I look further, that's probably a rosier picture than it looks at face value but we're not on the breadline yet.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1643020607

'Antonio Conte is putting “huge pressure” on Daniel Levy and the Tottenham board to complete four new signings in the last week of the window.

The Spurs manager has made it clear to club chiefs the team needs significant reinforcements to secure a top-four finish this season.'

If true, well in, Antonio. You speak for the fans on this, imo - you've got that cowardly cretin of a chairman backed into a corner, press him to give you the tools you need to do your damn job.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/...=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1643020607

'Antonio Conte is putting “huge pressure” on Daniel Levy and the Tottenham board to complete four new signings in the last week of the window.

The Spurs manager has made it clear to club chiefs the team needs significant reinforcements to secure a top-four finish this season.'

If true, well in, Antonio. You speak for the fans on this, imo - you've got that cowardly cretin of a chairman backed into a corner, press him to give you the tools you need to do your damn job.

I doubt we'll make one permanent signing. Maybe a loan or two. It's January and there just aren't good players available.

I doubt we'll make one permanent signing. Maybe a loan or two. It's January and there just aren't good players available.

If Villa get Bissouma, they will have made four signings in one window. Coutinho, Digne, Bissouma, Olsen.

It's possible. Ambitious clubs do it. We can, if we try.

Sadly, we have Daniel Levy in charge, so you're probably right and that will be the excuse we use. But we can, if we want to.

Back