• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Such as?
Their facilities and infrastructure are very poor by top clubs standards
They have money but that hasnt helped them for some time
They have the biggest history and fan base but that doesn’t win things
What they need is a top down change
People in the club who are capable for a club of that scale
I haven’t seen any examples of that at united for some time
This summer showed how bonkers they are now (they were always smart before) buying a great young player in Sancho (yes he hasnt shown it there yet) and then bringing in Ronaldo to stop city getting him, thereby roostering up any plans anyone may have had for the squad

Basically why they brought in ragnick. He isn't a manager. He's basically an auditor. He will spend the next few months looking at what needs to change at the club. He'll then move upstairs and oversee it.

Basically why they brought in ragnick. He isn't a manager. He's basically an auditor. He will spend the next few months looking at what needs to change at the club. He'll then move upstairs and oversee it.
Possibly
I think with United there is a weird arrogance there that comes from their making success and it’s “united” (see scholes comments today)
Their proud of their youth set up but in reality their youth players don’t compare now to city’s for example who run a proper high end academy
The owners haven’t invested any money in the ground or training facilities, so their still capable places but not world class. I know a cleaning equipment supplier was selling stuff to us, city and United…. We brought a load fo brand new high end machines, United didn’t buy any in the end and city brought 2 and said their staff can do the work manually.

They could always put it on the stock exchange. We'd have to be on a high though. At least in the cl.
Would still need buyers for the shares and a £3b floatation would need institutional investors (not an area I know much about) who keep the price high

but yeah that would exit ENIC out with a pay off

Would still need buyers for the shares and a £3b floatation would need institutional investors (not an area I know much about) who keep the price high

but yeah that would exit ENIC out with a pay off

Yeah it wouldn't be ideal. A consortium more likely (can't see any countries left that would want to with the saudis etc... and no esl).

I can’t see what is in it for any buyer TBH

Premflix? But yes, you could buy another club and try to build them up which would be a lot cheaper.

Or elon musk might turn out to be a massive spurs fan. Just sold a lot of stock in tesla so is cash rich at the moment. Somehow doubt it though.

Nah. He'd move onto a new project with enic, or even go it alone. Could afford to buy his own club.
I have rarely been involved in the sale of a company where the buyer didn't insist that the CEO (and often most of the exec board) stayed on for a pre-determined period. Especially in the World of private equity where the existing board tend to be the majority owners of the company as well.

Such as?
Their facilities and infrastructure are very poor by top clubs standards
They have money but that hasnt helped them for some time
They have the biggest history and fan base but that doesn’t win things
What they need is a top down change
People in the club who are capable for a club of that scale
I haven’t seen any examples of that at united for some time
This summer showed how bonkers they are now (they were always smart before) buying a great young player in Sancho (yes he hasnt shown it there yet) and then bringing in Ronaldo to stop city getting him, thereby roostering up any plans anyone may have had for the squad
Their facilities are very good. They have an excellent training ground that sits in 108 acres with various first class facilities there.
Their stadium has the highest capacity in the country and while obviously not being as modern as ours still pulls in an equivalent amount of income.
They need the right manager. If they get the right manager then their huge budget driven by their natural size will do the rest.
Had Man Utd got Conte for example then I have pretty much complete faith that he would've won them the league title again.... I have nothing like that same faith that Conte will be able to do that with Spurs.
The example you gave of Sancho and Ronaldo, IMO both of those decisions came from having a weak manager. I think Conte would've ensured they spent their budget on players in positions where they actually needed strengthening instead of glamour signings that are great for social media but do nothing for the likelihood of the club winning the title.

I have rarely been involved in the sale of a company where the buyer didn't insist that the CEO (and often most of the exec board) stayed on for a pre-determined period. Especially in the World of private equity where the existing board tend to be the majority owners of the company as well.

Didn't happen at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Stavely took over. Or villa purslow took over.

"the club needs to decide which way it wants to go" - Antonio Conte.

Well, that's a worry. As we all know where that will end.

It is indeed.

I think many of us and people outside the club understandably but wrongly assumed that Conte’s appointment must have been a signal of the owner stepping up. Perhaps the owner felt everything was now in place and now was the time for a little push to see where we could go.

Sadly it seems the reality is we were able to lure Conte because he was getting bored out of work, was perhaps annoyed that he was told he wouldn’t get the united job if it became available, the big wage packet, paratici being at the club and the sweet whispers from daniel that investment could be coming soon, either from the owner or a third party.

Sadly that last part was more likely a white lie than being remotely close to happening.

Their facilities are very good. They have an excellent training ground that sits in 108 acres with various first class facilities there.
Their stadium has the highest capacity in the country and while obviously not being as modern as ours still pulls in an equivalent amount of income.
They need the right manager. If they get the right manager then their huge budget driven by their natural size will do the rest.
Had Man Utd got Conte for example then I have pretty much complete faith that he would've won them the league title again.... I have nothing like that same faith that Conte will be able to do that with Spurs.
The example you gave of Sancho and Ronaldo, IMO both of those decisions came from having a weak manager. I think Conte would've ensured they spent their budget on players in positions where they actually needed strengthening instead of glamour signings that are great for social media but do nothing for the likelihood of the club winning the title.
Conte is an elite manager
They haven’t appointed one of those in 35 years

Back