• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

yep I know, me and my pals who have had ST's together for approx 20 years have talked this through
if it happens I'll spend all my football time with my little one or playing golf
My pal who’ve I’ve sat next to for 10 years barely goes now, I’m finding it harder and harder to sell tickets (I think the availability has made people pick and choose their games, especially if they are on Sundays and they’ve already had the new WHL experience).

My journey home which used to be an affordable Uber or an hour on the London network can be up to 2 hours (notwithstanding one of my first new commutes where the trains where cancelled on a weeknight and it cost me 115 quid to get a cab)
I understood the motive for a new stadium to build a legitimate income stream to compete with the dopers, but it has come at the expense of the playing squad. I think I’m with you on this, I’ll away be fan and I really value the matchday experience, probably the bits before and after as much as the game itself in recent times! But the financial and time commitment I make is under review. I had enough loyalty points for the CL final but not away games and I love my ST seat in the south lower but if we don’t back Conte (especially in the summer) then I think I’ll be winding it back too.

If we don't back Conte then you can forget ever being successful under ENIC. Levy is in last chance saloon as far as I'm concerned.

He's tried every approach. Promoted from within, signed the latest hipster manager, brought in the old English style steady pair of hands, got in a manager with an unmatched CV. He almost had it with Pochettino but there was an element of luck on that appointment and Poch worked miracles with minimal backing for at least two seasons. All of the managers have been hamstrung and ultimately failed at least partially because we didn't back them or we forced players on them they didn't want.

We've now gotten one of the world's best managers at the peak of his powers. If he fails, and he will if he's left with this group of players, there is nowhere else for Levy to go. Even Poch wouldn't cut it and I've a huge amount of time for Poch.

Notwithstanding the fact we have 2 or 3 lottery winners competing against us, 1 League Cup in 20 years is an abysmal return trophy wise. It's unacceptable. If Conte fails with any hint that its because he wasn't backed, the vitriol Nuno got versus United will seem like a walk in the park compared to what Levy will get next time. I was in the stadium that day and I don't believe the reaction was solely down to Nuno hooking Moura. It was the trigger for the release of three years of frustration with the way the first team squad and management has been mismanaged since 2018. That's on Levy.

The standard Levy applies to managers now has to be applied to Levy himself in terms of success on the field. Stadiums and strong financial results are great but I support a football club not a business and I want to see us properly compete rather than just flirt with the idea. As Simon Jordan rightly said this week, we are now competing with the best clubs in the dugout, time to do it in the transfer market.

If we don't back Conte then you can forget ever being successful under ENIC. Levy is in last chance saloon as far as I'm concerned.

He's tried every approach. Promoted from within, signed the latest hipster manager, brought in the old English style steady pair of hands, got in a manager with an unmatched CV. He almost had it with Pochettino but there was an element of luck on that appointment and Poch worked miracles with minimal backing for at least two seasons. All of the managers have been hamstrung and ultimately failed at least partially because we didn't back them or we forced players on them they didn't want.

We've now gotten one of the world's best managers at the peak of his powers. If he fails, and he will if he's left with this group of players, there is nowhere else for Levy to go. Even Poch wouldn't cut it and I've a huge amount of time for Poch.

Notwithstanding the fact we have 2 or 3 lottery winners competing against us, 1 League Cup in 20 years is an abysmal return trophy wise. It's unacceptable. If Conte fails with any hint that its because he wasn't backed, the vitriol Nuno got versus United will seem like a walk in the park compared to what Levy will get next time. I was in the stadium that day and I don't believe the reaction was solely down to Nuno hooking Moura. It was the trigger for the release of three years of frustration with the way the first team squad and management has been mismanaged since 2018. That's on Levy.

The standard Levy applies to managers now has to be applied to Levy himself in terms of success on the field. Stadiums and strong financial results are great but I support a football club not a business and I want to see us properly compete rather than just flirt with the idea. As Simon Jordan rightly said this week, we are now competing with the best clubs in the dugout, time to do it in the transfer market.
Have to agree with all of that
But one window isn’t the time to judge
We will know do conte is hacked or not as he will make it public

Have to agree with all of that
But one window isn’t the time to judge
We will know do conte is hacked or not as he will make it public
A lot of peoples expectations seem to be we are going to be making big moves this window, we won’t be. We still have to get rid of players too, the summer will be the time to judge incomings not in January, and considering Conte keeps referring to this project taking time and the fact he understands the process here he is clearly ok with that too. I’d bet the masses on Twitter and some on here will be more upset about our January business than Conte will be….

yep I know, me and my pals who have had ST's together for approx 20 years have talked this through
if it happens I'll spend all my football time with my little one or playing golf
Sounds very appealing, it was Spurs or golf for me when we moved to Wembley and I chose Spurs. The little one came last year too.

A lot of peoples expectations seem to be we are going to be making big moves this window, we won’t be. We still have to get rid of players too, the summer will be the time to judge incomings not in January, and considering Conte keeps referring to this project taking time and the fact he understands the process here he is clearly ok with that too. I’d bet the masses on Twitter and some on here will be more upset about our January business than Conte will be….

I think that's very fair and Conte will know that too. I hear we will sign 4, 5, 6 players this window. I'd be amazed because it's so hard to do business in January. The test for me here is does Conte feel backed? He'll know what's reasonable and this is more than a one window job. That said, if we do nothing in January, it won't bode well.

That’s all well and good but we forever hear with this owner that we cant do it now but it will be next time and so the cycle goes on.

Even if its true that we cant spend now but can in the summer then all should realise that we have effectively conceded a CL spot to the goons. They are on a role and are only hope was to spend big this window. Our shortcomings are there for all to see, plus Son is out for a month and no doubt Kane will get injured soon. If anyone thinks we can get 4th with next to no investment this window, then my GHod think again.

Goons getting CL football over us will also have dire consequences for our summer business. If these clam owners could just find £150m to give to Conte (when they personally have about 30 times that amount) to do the business I suggested a few days ago, we’d be getting 4th but no of course the clam old bastard owner on his super yacht wont do that.

That’s all well and good but we forever hear with this owner that we cant do it now but it will be next time and so the cycle goes on.

Even if its true that we cant spend now but can in the summer then all should realise that we have effectively conceded a CL spot to the goons. They are on a role and are only hope was to spend big this window. Our shortcomings are there for all to see, plus Son is out for a month and no doubt Kane will get injured soon. If anyone thinks we can get 4th will next to no investment this window, then my GHod think again.

Goons getting CL football over us will also have dire consequences for our summer business. If these clam owners could just find £150m to give to Conte (when they personally have about 30 times that amount) to do the business I suggested a few days ago, we’d be getting 4th but no of course the clam old bastard owner on his super yacht wont do that.

You realise we had to find £250m in the summer to cover our losses from covid and pay back loans?

That is a sure fire winning bet, but you know the melters will be frothing at the mouth when THIS window closes. Said it before but Jan is NOT a good time to get GOOD players and there is no point in spending money on squad players who will not fix our problems.

That is a sure fire winning bet, but you know the melters will be frothing at the mouth when THIS window closes. Said it before but Jan is NOT a good time to get GOOD players and there is no point in spending money on squad players who will not fix our problems.

Depends what you want. Barca and juve are just 2 teams that have to sell players this window. You could probably take your pick of most players in the french league.

Real quality though is going to be hard. Getting rid of players almost impossible.

Depends what you want. Barca and juve are just 2 teams that have to sell players this window. You could probably take your pick of most players in the french league.

Real quality though is going to be hard. Getting rid of players almost impossible.

Which is the main point, we need players who will make the posistion their own going forward and the best players rarely move in Jan. History shows its not very likely we will get TOP players but i guess we will see.

Which is the main point, we need players who will make the posistion their own going forward and the best players rarely move in Jan. History shows its not very likely we will get TOP players but i guess we will see.

Thought we did well the january redknapp came in, what was it 6 players? We can do it when we're motivated. Although the cost of players these days is just a rip off.

Thought we did well the january redknapp came in, what was it 6 players? We can do it when we're motivated. Although the cost of players these days is just a rip off.

How long ago was that though, not saying it will be impossiabe to get the TOP players we need but i think some fans are building themselves up for a fall. I would think ( and believe) that the top players we need will be bought in the summer. Like i said we will see.

Last edited:
How long ago was that though, not saying it will be impossiabe to get the TOP players we need but i think those like me fans are building themselves up for a fall. I would think ( and believe) that the top players we need will be bought in the summer. Like i said we will see.

Summer is the big window no doubt. I'd hope we can bring in one or two this window and a pre contract though.

Just a word of caution - dont expect any success in Europe under Conte. His tactical nous is found out in Europe. This has been true in Juventus, Chelsea, and Inter.

Back