• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

Do not disagree at all, can not see it though.

Depends on parliament pulling their finger out. Something has to be done though, out of the 92 clubs in the english leagues 62 have been in administration in recent years. Even if you are not a football fan it's still a hit to the taxpayer.

Yeah I just mentioned three seasons as we were obviously hampered by the stadium before that.

Also last summer doesn't include the eventual fee for Romero - appreciate that's technically accurate, but it does mean the figure is a bit misleading.

Thanks for the additional analysis!
That fee will go into next year's spending (assuming we make the loan permanent).... It's not right to pull that number into this year's spending, firstly as we haven't actually spent it yet and secondly as it will no doubt be used to temper our expectations for spending next summer (i.e. 'remember that we've already spent £40m on Romero').

Hopefully the independent regulator brings in some proper financial controls. Wouldn't mind a la liga type spending cap.
Would be great in that it would curb the spending of some of the clubs with lower turnover like Villa, Brighton, Leicester and West Ham. It would also highlight how we are one of the few (supposedly) elite clubs that don't spend anywhere near the limit of the cap at present.

That fee will go into next year's spending (assuming we make the loan permanent).... It's not right to pull that number into this year's spending, firstly as we haven't actually spent it yet and secondly as it will no doubt be used to temper our expectations for spending next summer (i.e. 'remember that we've already spent £40m on Romero').

Another way to look at it, is how much we owe on players we've already bought.

FIKOhsiXIAABMm8.jpeg

Depends on parliament pulling their finger out. Something has to be done though, out of the 92 clubs in the english leagues 62 have been in administration in recent years. Even if you are not a football fan it's still a hit to the taxpayer.

Christ, is that stat accurate? I'd have said maybe 20-25 at most. That's frightening.

It’s a saturated market, the consumer base isn’t there for 92 professional clubs.

We should have two divisions of 16, that’s it.

The rest would have an easier time as amateur clubs in localised leagues.

It’s a saturated market, the consumer base isn’t there for 92 professional clubs.

We should have two divisions of 16, that’s it.

The rest would have an easier time as amateur clubs in localised leagues.

Or just bring in a proper spending cap for clubs. So they don't get themselves in financial trouble.

I saw a headline on Sky Sports the other day reporting that Bristol City lost £38m in their last financial year.

It makes you wonder how these clubs can carry on as a going concern.

Many will be lucky enough to be bought by a degenerate gambler that dreams of the premier league. Pretty much the same as the guy that got them in trouble in the first place. Some won't though.

ESPN report that Dele Alli, Matt Doherty, Tanguy Ndombele and Steven Bergwijn have all been lined up for the chop by the Spurs boss, while he is also yet to be convinced by Japhet Tanganga and Giovani Lo Celso.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/07/anto...in-major-clear-out-15881427/?ito=newsnow-feed

Once upon a time I use to be gutted whenever Dele and Tanguy were not in the starting line up, particularly Dele who at one time was one of the most exciting attacking midfielders in the league. Now I have an attitude of if Conte really wants them gone, the sooner the better. I now think a fresh start is best for all concerned. Although I am surprised not to see Rodon in that list.

ESPN report that Dele Alli, Matt Doherty, Tanguy Ndombele and Steven Bergwijn have all been lined up for the chop by the Spurs boss, while he is also yet to be convinced by Japhet Tanganga and Giovani Lo Celso.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/01/07/anto...in-major-clear-out-15881427/?ito=newsnow-feed

Once upon a time I use to be gutted whenever Dele and Tanguy were not in the starting line up, particularly Dele who at one time was one of the most exciting attacking midfielders in the league. Now I have an attitude of if Conte really wants them gone, the sooner the better. I now think a fresh start is best for all concerned. Although I am surprised not to see Rodon in that list.

Well over £100m of recent transfers there. We have wasted so much money.

Even now I would love it if Tanguy, Dele & Lo Celso were about to prove them selves to be key assets in our future but teh odds do not look great at the moment.

Conte is far and away the best manager we’ve had at this club in my lifetime. If Lewis and levy don’t back him to the hilt then they must go in my view.
At the moment, when teams like villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are addressing their weaknesses and we’re not it seems like a very disappointing window.
Hopefully the parrot is hard at work on getting deals over the line but a series of near misses won’t be good enough in my view, just get it done. Back conte, whatever it takes, or it’ll be a very long time before we get another top level manager.

I saw a headline on Sky Sports the other day reporting that Bristol City lost £38m in their last financial year.

It makes you wonder how these clubs can carry on as a going concern.

Bristol City will be fine they are owned by one of the richest English man about.

Conte is far and away the best manager we’ve had at this club in my lifetime. If Lewis and levy don’t back him to the hilt then they must go in my view.
At the moment, when teams like villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are addressing their weaknesses and we’re not it seems like a very disappointing window.
Hopefully the parrot is hard at work on getting deals over the line but a series of near misses won’t be good enough in my view, just get it done. Back conte, whatever it takes, or it’ll be a very long time before we get another top level manager.

If not we will gamble again, appease the fans with Pochettino and let the cycle of hope continue ... fans keep paying the High prices, fighting talk in statements made by levy ... and repeat.

If they don't back him and he walks than so do I and so do all of my friends, that will be the final straw for us with ENIC

Back