• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I started watching the Juve All or Nothing today - I wonder if people will agree with me that it feels very different to the Spurs one. Clearly different clubs, different histories etc. But what is clear is that everyone in that club is utterly obsessed with winning. Nothing is good enough. Absolute dedication to winning.

Ours just feels all a bit too nice. I think Sherwood had it right. Our players are too nice with each other. I don’t think it’s just laziness. I think as Conte has noted, there is talent and there is a desire to work hard. There is not enough of the ruthless desire to win. It’s probably why Kane has decided he’s had enough. It’s good to have a family atmosphere, and maybe our club has to be that way because we have less money, and we need to offer something as the incentive to be at Spurs. But the feeling of the two squads is very different from this Amazon insight. Our players will definitely get tinkled off if a game is not going well, but you can tell the Juve players and staff are utterly obsessed, and you don’t get that sense with ours.

Maybe Poch was the right manager for us, because he’s a family guy, and he played the role of dad. And I know he did a lot of work in helping players not be too comfortable with each other. I think he said something once about enjoying seeing Walker-Peters give Eriksen a rocket for a misplaced pass - and we needed more of that. Less of being nice with each other. Less of being in awe of our better players. But I think under Poch everyone was unified around building something, fighting against the machine, and it worked when we had mostly young players making their way. Now we have signed more expensive players on bigger wages, and I think we need the club to be orientated in a different way.

I hope Paratici brings this, and I hope Conte does too. I think we need a whole mentality shift. And I think it does mean letting players go when they’ve come to the end of their life. Someone like Dele - I will always love him. He has given me so many great memories. And no doubt he worked hard this summer to get back into shape and show he wanted it. But maybe he needs a move, and maybe we need him to move. We have to show this is a place where the only standard is to win and be exceptional, and that we aren’t just going to stick by someone because we like them, because they are part of the family. It’s harsh, but I think it needs to be done.

I wonder if anyone else who has watched the Juve doc agrees with me. It just feels different. And I think we need more of that.
They have an arrogance and an expectation
We would take 2nd as it’s an achievement

This is why Kane will never be an Elite player, he hasn’t got it in him to be a leader and as much as he likes to think so, he hasn’t got that wake up in the morning and think about winning mentality. I heard his half time speech on our all of nothing, no way can that guy motivate anyone.

This is why Kane will never be an Elite player, he hasn’t got it in him to be a leader and as much as he likes to think so, he hasn’t got that wake up in the morning and think about winning mentality. I heard his half time speech on our all of nothing, no way can that guy motivate anyone.
And Messi is a leader and great motivator?
Lot's of players, both for England and Spurs, have said it about Kane that when he speaks the players listen, sounds like a leader.

No you didn't.
You heard an edited part. Of something he said in one game.
The words of people who fully hear him speak on many occasions carries more weight.

Though your insight into his mentality could be valuable; is that based on primary or secondary sources?

He may be a leader but me being me I would laugh at his dopey deep voice if he tried to motivate me.

Kane already is an elite player and has been for many years. I think he absolutely has a winning mentality and wanted to leave our club as he knows that so few others at the club share it.

And Messi is a leader and great motivator?
Lot's of players, both for England and Spurs, have said it about Kane that when he speaks the players listen, sounds like a leader.
Yeah because Spurs and England have been led to glory.

Messi motivates by being Messi, he turns up in big games and leads his team to glory.

Kane already is an elite player and has been for many years. I think he absolutely has a winning mentality and wanted to leave our club as he knows that so few others at the club share it.
Such a winning mentality that he has gone missing in every single final he has been in. Wonder how many of the Elite players do that on as many occasions?

Yeah because Spurs and England have been led to glory.

Messi motivates by being Messi, he turns up in big games and leads his team to glory.
Loads say the same about Messi and big games...

He's been rushed back to play in finals when not fit because he's the only elite player that we have

Loads say the same about Messi and big games...

He's been rushed back to play in finals when not fit because he's the only elite player that we have
Messi has single-handedly won Barcaelona big games in the past, quite a few and has been their best player in a few finals.

I watched all or nothing so i know the ins and outs of elite footbsllers mindsets

Really enjoyed Ali Gold recently, he seems a good bloke and cares about the club and his trevails getting to Slovenia and Burnley are pretty impressive.
Talks about Conte's post Mura presser from 18:45 and gives some interesting insights about Conte and " winning mentality "

I watched all or nothing so i know the ins and outs of elite footbsllers mindsets
Is that what i said? I don't think it is. My view is, seeing that speech and just listening to him in interviews etc he doesn't come across as someone who would be a leader. How can you be a leader when you have not done fudge all? No wonder our team is unsuccessful if that is the attitude the rest of the players are following.

Is that what i said? I don't think it is. My view is, seeing that speech and just listening to him in interviews etc he doesn't come across as someone who would be a leader. How can you be a leader when you have not done fudge all? No wonder our team is unsuccessful if that is the attitude the rest of the players are following.
How can you be a leader when you have not done fudge all?’

I’m sorry but that doesn’t even make sense.

It's exactly what you said

Back