• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antonio Conte - officially NOT the coach of THFC

I see similar but honestly I see Kane and Son up top and Alli behind with him dropping to help in mid but making late runs into box. WB offering all the width.

Conte talks about timing and importance of it, timing of attacks and breaks in box, I think he will utilise Alli for that in my opinion

Think you may have a great point there.

I know he hasn't looked as good this season, but PEH is a more experienced player who can play at a high level. Last season he was immense. I think he's probably a little worn out after a mega season - played every game for us? Then pulled out all the stops for his country. The only criticism I have of him is his passing is not as svelt as it might be. It's inconsistent.

Issue is he does not hold that shape in DM, he charges off hence why he looks better in my opinion with Skipp next to him, but as a DM Skipp is better. For Denmark he roams too, I dont think he is a natural DM

I see similar but honestly I see Kane and Son up top and Alli behind with him dropping to help in mid but making late runs into box. WB offering all the width.

Conte talks about timing and importance of it, timing of attacks and breaks in box, I think he will utilise Alli for that in my opinion

I like that idea too.I just don't know if Conte's rigid structure will allow for that.

Issue is he does not hold that shape in DM, he charges off hence why he looks better in my opinion with Skipp next to him, but as a DM Skipp is better. For Denmark he roams too, I dont think he is a natural DM

I think if Conte tells him to do it, he will do it, plus he has a better pass than Skipp right now. I think Skippy will be a vital member of the squad for sure, and allow us to not overflog PEH...

I like that idea too.I just don't know if Conte's rigid structure will allow for that.

I think he will expect a fluid system where we go to a 5 in defence without ball and the move to 5 in mid with....everyones gonna have to work hard regardless thats for sure

Agree with everything , except Bergwiyn. He is such a waste of space it is like playing with 10 men. we need a serious upgrade here - someone with either blistering pace or real trickery who can beat a man and cross the ball. Until then I would take Lucas over Begwiyn every time.

The issue is mapping for me. I think Bergy is a more 'coachable part' of the team, albeit Lucas is more dangerous on the break. Fortunately, we have this fine manager in charge to tell us both :D

What is with those horrendous videos the marketing interns are putting out? The weird sad piano music just keeps making me want to donate to Romanian orphanages

If it's 2 up front has to be son and kane. Dele could play as a box to box.
How long has it been since Dele really played box-to-box? Is that still his game? It'd be great if he could be that player again, but I suspect he'd be better used on the fringes of the attack. If, and it's a big if, Conte can get him playing again.

You know, if Conte can get Kane, Dele and Ndombele playing to even 80% of their potential, we'll do bloody well. I'll believe it when I see it though.

How long has it been since Dele really played box-to-box? Is that still his game? It'd be great if he could be that player again, but I suspect he'd be better used on the fringes of the attack. If, and it's a big if, Conte can get him playing again.

You know, if Conte can get Kane, Dele and Ndombele playing to even 80% of their potential, we'll do bloody well. I'll believe it when I see it though.

How long has it been since he played well? Maybe he needs to change his game back.

I dunno. But if we could get a 3 of hojbjerg, dele and ndomble working to their potential. It could be solid.

For me I think we may see something like this...

View attachment 13062

unless injured there’s no way we’re leaving PEH out imo. It would be great if we have better options, but as things stand PEH is one of the go-to players who will give his all. Conte will tell him where he wants him to be on the pitch.

Last edited:
U Ok Hun?

images

Back